weapon Member 75 Member For: 22y 4m 4d Posted 01/07/05 08:06 AM Posted 01/07/05 08:06 AM I hear that ford can tell if you have the edit on your car evan if you retern it back to factory settings. because your car has a computer that rembers all info about your car like how fast you have been how many times your car has been over 5000rpm and I think they have the computer to help them void your warentyalso does the edit disable traction control
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 01/07/05 08:09 AM Posted 01/07/05 08:09 AM does the edit disable traction controlNo.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 01/07/05 08:16 AM Posted 01/07/05 08:16 AM I don't think it has been proved either way. My feeling is that a good Ford tech (oxymoron ) with the right equipment probably could see some evidence of edit, if only from the lack of info gained from the ECU. I doubt very much that they could stumble over the info by accident, they would have to be suspicious that something wasn't right and possibly trying trying to find a way dishonour a warranty claim.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 01/07/05 08:19 AM Posted 01/07/05 08:19 AM I hear that ford can tell if you have the edit on your car evan if you retern it back to factory settings. because your car has a computer that rembers all info about your car like how fast you have been how many times your car has been over 5000rpm and I think they have the computer to help them void your warentyalso does the edit disable traction control<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dosent matter how many times your car has been over 5,000 rpm. There is nothing illegal or wrong with doing so. If ford think they can void your warranty for that they can go and get because a T can rev up to about 5,800 rpm from factory. If its going to damage the motor then put a rev limit at 5 grand.
Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 01/07/05 10:41 AM Posted 01/07/05 10:41 AM Having spoken with some Ford techs it is common knowledge that they can indeed determine if the Edit has been used on the Ford computer regardless of whether it has been retuned to 'stock'. But like any mods, you play and you can pay.RegardsM G
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 01/07/05 10:53 AM Posted 01/07/05 10:53 AM I highly doubt that they can... they will tell you they can but I bet they cant.... cant wait to see them prove one
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/07/05 11:27 AM Posted 01/07/05 11:27 AM I hear that ford can tell if you have the edit on your car evan if you retern it back to factory settings. because your car has a computer that rembers all info about your car like how fast you have been how many times your car has been over 5000rpm and I think they have the computer to help them void your warentyalso does the edit disable traction controlDosent matter how many times your car has been over 5,000 rpm. There is nothing illegal or wrong with doing so. If ford think they can void your warranty for that they can go and get because a T can rev up to about 5,800 rpm from factory. If its going to damage the motor then put a rev limit at 5 grand.I'd be more concerned at them being able to tell for how long and how many times you'd had the rear end "lit up" as they would void warranty on a lot of the drive line components..
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 02/07/05 09:37 AM Posted 02/07/05 09:37 AM I hear that ford can tell if you have the edit on your car evan if you retern it back to factory settings. because your car has a computer that rembers all info about your car like how fast you have been how many times your car has been over 5000rpm and I think they have the computer to help them void your warentyalso does the edit disable traction control<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dosent matter how many times your car has been over 5,000 rpm. There is nothing illegal or wrong with doing so. If ford think they can void your warranty for that they can go and get because a T can rev up to about 5,800 rpm from factory. If its going to damage the motor then put a rev limit at 5 grand.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be more concerned at them being able to tell for how long and how many times you'd had the rear end "lit up" as they would void warranty on a lot of the drive line components..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>How could they tell if you have lit up the rear bags...
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 02/07/05 10:14 AM Posted 02/07/05 10:14 AM I hear that ford can tell if you have the edit on your car evan if you retern it back to factory settings. because your car has a computer that rembers all info about your car like how fast you have been how many times your car has been over 5000rpm and I think they have the computer to help them void your warentyalso does the edit disable traction control<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dosent matter how many times your car has been over 5,000 rpm. There is nothing illegal or wrong with doing so. If ford think they can void your warranty for that they can go and get because a T can rev up to about 5,800 rpm from factory. If its going to damage the motor then put a rev limit at 5 grand.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be more concerned at them being able to tell for how long and how many times you'd had the rear end "lit up" as they would void warranty on a lot of the drive line components..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>How could they tell if you have lit up the rear bags...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>......because the revs wont match the wheel speed? abs sensors?A second or two wouldnt matter, but if its recorded 5800 rpm at 10km/hr for 10.85seconds, it would be fairly obvious, I have know idea what parameters are recorded though?
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 7d Location: Melbourne Posted 02/07/05 12:43 PM Posted 02/07/05 12:43 PM I hear that ford can tell if you have the edit on your car evan if you retern it back to factory settings. because your car has a computer that rembers all info about your car like how fast you have been how many times your car has been over 5000rpm and I think they have the computer to help them void your warentyalso does the edit disable traction control<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dosent matter how many times your car has been over 5,000 rpm. There is nothing illegal or wrong with doing so. If ford think they can void your warranty for that they can go and get because a T can rev up to about 5,800 rpm from factory. If its going to damage the motor then put a rev limit at 5 grand.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be more concerned at them being able to tell for how long and how many times you'd had the rear end "lit up" as they would void warranty on a lot of the drive line components..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>How could they tell if you have lit up the rear bags...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>......because the revs wont match the wheel speed? abs sensors?A second or two wouldnt matter, but if its recorded 5800 rpm at 10km/hr for 10.85seconds, it would be fairly obvious, I have know idea what parameters are recorded though?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you're doing a burnout at 5,800RPM your speedo will not be reading 10km/h.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now