Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Thooperrrrrrr
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR, Western Australia
Posted

So just ask for straight 3 inch twin tips?

  • billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

Mine aren't technically cutoffs, but the aren't rolled. I wanted cutoffs but I ended up getting SS tips, 3 inch ID and about 3.5 OD. Still look heaps better than stock haha

  • Thooperrrrrrr
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR, Western Australia
Posted

If it's only going to cost me $100 then I'm keen on it, may even not mind the sound of the no centre muffler after the tips have been done.

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

If they're expensive mika got some of the tips freaky has, exact same off an internet site. The muffler something iirc..freaky you remember? Pazzo was the one who recommended it to him. Not bad price each

  • Thooperrrrrrr
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR, Western Australia
Posted (edited)

This?

http://www.bestmuffl...f28dbb682412766

Edit just noticed the post saying the factory muffler has 2 exits, so can just get the single tips and they weld them on, looks better.

http://www.bestmuffl...9ec7f1c4d24a5c3

Edited by Ciaran
  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Depends if you want stainless? Or mild steel chrome plated which is what the tips are.

If you get the 3in pipe you linked might be a bit of work for the shop (more cost obviously) to make it fit the outlet of the standard rear muffler, which I'm unsure what size it is, don't think Mika posted that up - but his is a B series anyway..

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

After reading this thread numerous time's over the past few months I have a few questions..

On previous cars, I have always had the rear muffler replaced for "more noise" which is what everyone seem's to want. Why aren't people replacing there rear muffler boxes for resonators?

To the naked eye, both boxes look very similar ( FGT MKII ) do they both flow differently?

I will be going for a custom 5" dump and single 4" setup once I have the rest of my mods sorted, but for the time been I do want some noise. I'm thinking of removing the rear box, replacing with a 3" inlet rosonator and either 4" tip or twin 3" shotgun style..

My main question is, do the centre box or the rear? I live in a small town with only 2 muffler shops, both are herendous and will not have a clue.

I think this thread needs more pics too.

Centre Box

2012-07-11_11-23-23_434.jpg

Rear Box

2012-07-11_11-24-08_244.jpg

Centre section rear veiw

2012-07-11_11-24-15_214.jpg

Centre section front veiw

2012-07-11_11-23-02_445.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...