johnopaul Member 36 Member For: 19y 11m 21d Posted 20/02/10 02:27 AM Posted 20/02/10 02:27 AM thanks for the reply, ill have a look into changing the cat.as for the muffler, thanks for the offer, very much appreciated, but I ended up finding a spare one up here (syd)
Brendan XR6-T Member 88 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Posted 05/05/10 04:38 AM Posted 05/05/10 04:38 AM I had my cntr muffler replaced some time ago now, from an exhaust shop in Windsor I have notice since then occasionally over some speed humps it scrapes (my car isn't lowered) I decided to throw my car up on the hoist today and noticed that there is no exhaust bracket between the turbo to the exhaust bracket right near the diff which explains y it bellys a little in the middle of the car. Is there supposed to be an exhaust bracket in the middle somewhere aswell just seems like alot of weight on 2 points?? Thanx in advance for any replies..
FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 16/06/10 12:38 AM Posted 16/06/10 12:38 AM hey guys,yesterday I decided to mod the centre muffler on my ba xr6 turbo, instead of removing it, I thought I would cut it open, run straight pipes thru it and weld it back up,anyway, once I cut the top of the muffler I was "shocked" and disappointed, the muffler is already straight thru, with the only restriction being the perforated pipes are a little smaller in dia then the rest of the exhuast. imo theres no way the centre muffler is much of a restriction, expecially when compared to a cat.it did make it sound better, but with out improving flow (well bugger all), its pretty pointless, iam picking up a stock centre section tomorrow :(anyone know if the rear muffler is straight through or baffled?yes they are both straight throughI bought a second hand STD exhaust off another member. with 2 x 2.5" straight through center muffler, and 2.5" hot dogs at the rear, sounds awsome!chopping out a muffler is all about noise on our cars, not performance as they are already straight through...
XrSexc Member 47 Member For: 16y 7m 5d Posted 28/07/10 12:58 AM Posted 28/07/10 12:58 AM Hey I just got mine done on an 06 BF 6sp Auto. Sounds great, much better than I expected! But one thing, the shop I went to get it done at, the guy that was doing the work for me seemed pretty rude to me about the whole thing, even making a point to me that its the cheapest thing I could have done to my car, like its some big bad thing I did. Basically treated me like crap, so I'm never going back there again!Anybody else had similar experiences?
4DZILR Legacy Donating Member 713 Member For: 16y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney - Brighton Le Sands Posted 28/07/10 02:17 AM Posted 28/07/10 02:17 AM what shop did u go to?
XrSexc Member 47 Member For: 16y 7m 5d Posted 29/07/10 02:39 AM Posted 29/07/10 02:39 AM You most likely wouldn't know it. Its this one: Tuggeranong Muffler CentreIn Canberra.
ph03n1xxgt Member 3 Member For: 16y 2m 10d Posted 29/07/10 07:56 AM Posted 29/07/10 07:56 AM + 1 for centre muffler removalhad mine out for about 7 months now and I dont regret it, sometimes on start up its a bit loud but apart from that it really just lets you hear the exaust a bit more rather than just the engine.. nice note at about 3500 sounds good right to the end
ph03n1xxgt Member 3 Member For: 16y 2m 10d Posted 29/07/10 07:57 AM Posted 29/07/10 07:57 AM + 1 for centre muffler removalhad mine out for about 7 months now and I dont regret it, sometimes on start up its a bit loud but apart from that it really just lets you hear the exaust a bit more rather than just the engine.. nice note at about 3500 sounds good right to the end
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/08/10 04:57 AM Posted 04/08/10 04:57 AM (edited) Just got my rear muffler removed and it's not really that much louder, noticeable but not much. Would a bigger tip make a difference or just more drone? Edited 04/08/10 04:58 AM by Dillz
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/09/10 11:18 AM Posted 09/09/10 11:18 AM How does it sound at 100kms Dillz??? I'm after abit more noise, but not too much lol...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now