Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 27/04/03 08:16 AM Posted 27/04/03 08:16 AM Just to add my 2c's worth, having served in the RAN and been posted all over the country, I would have to say Brisbane drivers are by far the rudest I have come across, followed by Melbournites. Sydney drivers are agressive, you have to be to get anywhere in that city, but not rude. It is interesting to note that Sydney drivers are ruder to cab drivers than the normal population. I drove for RSL for awhile when I got out of pussers and noticed the difference.Now WA drivers......like bloody 'Brown's cows', all over the place, not necessarily rude but for a city of its size the people here drive like its a country town, I swear every other driver has a bloody bowls hat on. My worse curse is to wish some of them could be transported onto Parramatta Rd during rush hour (home), they would have a nervous breakdown. :D
Guest turbo dave Guests Posted 27/04/03 11:55 AM Posted 27/04/03 11:55 AM hey how do we brissy drivers rate what are our driving habits like ?
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 27/04/03 10:55 PM Posted 27/04/03 10:55 PM l agree Phantom, Melbourne drivers are the worst l have come across here in Oz and overseas. Have you been to Canberra....
cvanxr Member 502 Member For: 23y 10m 20d Location: Country NSW Posted 28/04/03 04:41 AM Posted 28/04/03 04:41 AM Having lived in Canberra and Melbourne I would have to say Melbourneians are aggressive and Canberrans are just plain stupid. (No insult intended I used to be one too.)
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 13d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 28/04/03 06:00 AM Posted 28/04/03 06:00 AM I think there are good an bad drivers everywhere.When I went to brisbane, it seemed that everyone thought there cars were race cars.In Sydney, there are a lot of aggressive drivers, and also a lot of blind drivers. (oh sorry - didnt see you)In canberra I didnt find it that bad. Cruising bradon was good for a laugh though.Melbourne. Now that is scary! the roads are in poor condition (yeah yeah parra rd is just as bad), and there are those horrible tram things everywhere. But when you get out on the freeways its pretty cool... even though you usually get stuck behind someone who doesnt know how to merge onto a freeway, and stops - or people driving slowly in the right hand lane.
Guest Tancxr6 Guests Posted 28/04/03 06:01 AM Posted 28/04/03 06:01 AM I agree. there r some very stupid drivers on canberra streets.I like to think I'm not one of them..........I hope!!
Guest StaggerLee Guests Posted 28/04/03 06:13 AM Posted 28/04/03 06:13 AM Drivers in Adelaide are definately the worst in the nation. 'Nuff said. If you've driven here, you know what I mean...
Guest womandriver Guests Posted 28/04/03 12:23 PM Posted 28/04/03 12:23 PM There are bad drivers everywhere. Sydney drivers are pretty aggressive and seem to be getting worse. In Melbourne I'm never sure whether its the other drivers or the roads - trams, hook turns? - that make life hard. Was once in two accidents in one taxi trip in Melbourne.Saw an amazing road rage thing in Sydney a month or so back. Heated debate going on over what looked like a relatively minor traffic incident between a taxi and a guy in a van. Suddenly, guy in van stopped the arm waving, went to the back of his van, took out a 3 or 4 metre piece of wood and started swinging at the taxi and its driver. Now I get annoyed at the way some taxi drivers behave but I've never seriously contemplated taking to them with a blunt object.
oz_utester Member 50 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 29/04/03 05:34 AM Author Posted 29/04/03 05:34 AM I have started sumthing here, oh well. melbourne roads are very dodgy in deed, trams are a pain in the arse and if your more than 3k's over the limit your gunna get fined! my mate just payed $175 for being 4k's over the speed limit.....
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 29/04/03 06:14 AM Posted 29/04/03 06:14 AM I driven in Sydney and geez, the roads have the making of institutionalising any sane person. Melbourne, I used to live there and to be honest, never really noticed it as much. I must admit though, I haven't spent a lot of time on Melbourne streets. Macleod, Rosanna Heildeberg, Greensborough, those areas.QUEENSLAND, HMMMM: I'm sure we have the slowest drivers in all of Australia....lol. Makes us more aggressive once you're amongst a little road rage, not expecting it....lol.Not that I ever partake in road rage myself. Just every damn day driving approx 110k's a DAY!!!!!! Bloody Ipswich!!!! Glad I only work here.Tip on how to diffuse road rage: Blow 'em a kiss......lol. BWAHAHAHA, reaction is priceless. Forever producing the 'stunned mullet' reaction...lol. :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now