BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 07/06/05 02:46 AM Author Posted 07/06/05 02:46 AM Well I have narrowed a few rattles down to the glove box which is loose around the hinges and dosnt sit flush. Over crapy surfaces this rattles badly, ford can fix this hopefully. Another is my seatbelt is rubbing against the seat adjustment on the side which I can live with. But theres still one near the airbag and behind the dash which only start at 60km+ and are on and off. As god is my wittness I will get them...
dynosteve Dyno Tuner Legacy Donating Member 426 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Location: Redcliffe Posted 18/06/05 12:22 PM Posted 18/06/05 12:22 PM add me to the list also, brand new xr8 ute and drove out of the driveway from ford with a free rattle and it's a real pain and makes me just hate the car
Gavin.K Member 288 Member For: 21y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 24/06/05 09:59 PM Posted 24/06/05 09:59 PM I am the same 2day old xr6 ute and I have to find the little rattling bastered . I gess it is a ute thing?????Cheers Gavin
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 10d Location: Sydney Posted 24/06/05 11:40 PM Posted 24/06/05 11:40 PM Rear parcel shelf click noise occasionally, like someone hitting a key on metal. Im taking it up with ford HQ shortly due to the piss poor service from my dealer that was truly beyond a joke. these cars would be great except for the sh*tty build quality
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 25/06/05 12:53 AM Posted 25/06/05 12:53 AM Rear parcel shelf click noise occasionally, like someone hitting a key on metal. Im taking it up with ford HQ shortly due to the piss poor service from my dealer that was truly beyond a joke. these cars would be great except for the sh*tty build quality I think sixrt had this same issue... he had it fixed... send him a pm....Am pretty sure was the same issue... could be wrong though
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 10d Location: Sydney Posted 25/06/05 12:57 AM Posted 25/06/05 12:57 AM Rear parcel shelf click noise occasionally, like someone hitting a key on metal. Im taking it up with ford HQ shortly due to the piss poor service from my dealer that was truly beyond a joke. these cars would be great except for the sh*tty build quality I think sixrt had this same issue... he had it fixed... send him a pm....Am pretty sure was the same issue... could be wrong thoughthanks will do
micksta Member 159 Member For: 21y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 10/07/05 04:52 AM Posted 10/07/05 04:52 AM Yeh I have one inside the cabin, cant hear it outside, searched high and low is got me f#*cked where it is. I was going to take it back to Ford see if they can find it, but I dont think they cover squeaks and rattles after 15k.It gives you the when you pay big bucks for a new car and the thing rattles loose. Ever since I bought the ute, I have been chasing rattles and squeaks from day one. I find and fix one, then another appears! Ford need to look at thier build quality, because we seem to hear this alot!
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 10/07/05 06:18 AM Posted 10/07/05 06:18 AM I've noticed that once somthing is removed then replaced (say after light switches, globes etc) that rattles start up and are here to stay.Someone once said to me that you can tell a quality well built car by the way it goes back together, or, eer, by the way it FARKIN rattles when you do
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 10/07/05 12:04 PM Posted 10/07/05 12:04 PM I've noticed that once somthing is removed then replaced (say after light switches, globes etc) that rattles start up and are here to stay.Someone once said to me that you can tell a quality well built car by the way it goes back together, or, eer, by the way it FARKIN rattles when you do There's this F'n squeeking from the back of my sedan, sounds like something rubbing. I've looked everywhere and can't find it / fix it. It's been there since new and I expect it'll be there forever.
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 11/07/05 03:23 AM Author Posted 11/07/05 03:23 AM The thing that pisses me off is when I drive my GF's 99 model barina it has only one minor rattle over large bumbs and in my 37k xr6t ute theres crap loads more rattles.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now