Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98.  I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop.  There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother.  Hence the power comes on smoother.  It may not feel fast but its moving.  I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick.  With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 :stirthepot: , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hhhhmmm, yeh good point about the Expensive Daewoo thing.

But the times were recorded twice in 2 months and by the 2 different cars I think (correct me if im wrong). The chances of the mags getting 2 dodgy cars I dont think is very likely. The 0-100 times were 6.2 from memory aswell which would translate to around a 14.5????

So what gives there something is diffinately a miss somewhere in the top end :nono:

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98.  I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop.  There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother.  Hence the power comes on smoother.  It may not feel fast but its moving.  I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick.  With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 :stirthepot: , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hhhhmmm, yeh good point about the Expensive Daewoo thing.

But the times were recorded twice in 2 months and by the 2 different cars I think (correct me if im wrong). The chances of the mags getting 2 dodgy cars I dont think is very likely. The 0-100 times were 6.2 from memory aswell which would translate to around a 14.5????

So what gives there something is diffinately a miss somewhere in the top end :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its weird for sure, but if Ford is stupid enough to decrease power from the greatest car they have had for a long time they will lose sales (myself included). Personally all my mates with T's agree their car is running very well then again their all Mk1's. I guess we will never know unless we work for Ford.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 15d
  • Location: riddells creek
Posted
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98.  I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop.  There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother.  Hence the power comes on smoother.  It may not feel fast but its moving.  I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick.  With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 :stirthepot: , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you should reread the article as it was the wrx that went into limp mode.. :nono:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 10d
  • Location: leonay
Posted

does anyone know comparison acceleration times between an xr6t and a new liberty gt?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98.  I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop.  There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother.  Hence the power comes on smoother.  It may not feel fast but its moving.  I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick.  With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 :stirthepot: , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you should reread the article as it was the wrx that went into limp mode.. :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was no WRX in there, im talking about the motor mag with all the Holdens and Fords battling each other. The turbo in that went into limp mode... on the 1/4mile run

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted
does anyone know comparison acceleration times between an xr6t and a new liberty gt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

best times motor have recorded for a liberty GT are 6.24 and 14.52.

The xr6 turbo meanwhile is a diff story

the mk1 recorded a 5.91 and 14.14 where as the mk11 has best recorded a 6.25 and 14.81....

As I said something not right here :stirthepot:

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Gents,

I wouldnt fret at all. I have the 04 Motor Bang for Buck test and in that they get a quarter mile for the SS of 14.5 and SV8 got 14.0. So they tested a mkII XR6T on a hot day and it wasnt as good as your average T, I dont think we have anything to worry about nor do I believe in conspiracy theories about Ford hobbling the T.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 15d
  • Location: riddells creek
Posted
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98.  I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop.  There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother.  Hence the power comes on smoother.  It may not feel fast but its moving.  I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick.  With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 :stirthepot: , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you should reread the article as it was the wrx that went into limp mode.. :bomb:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was no WRX in there, im talking about the motor mag with all the Holdens and Fords battling each other. The turbo in that went into limp mode... on the 1/4mile run

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm talking about the 14.81 that the xr6t ran vs the wrx in this months motor magazine..sorry mate where comparing diferent months.. :nono::nono:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
Gents,

I wouldnt fret at all.  I have the 04 Motor Bang for Buck test and in that they get a quarter mile for the SS of 14.5 and SV8 got 14.0.  So they tested a mkII XR6T on a hot day and it wasnt as good as your average T, I dont think we have anything to worry about nor do I believe in conspiracy theories about Ford hobbling the T.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree, Turbo's on a hot day = SLOW. If you read some of the smaller mags you will find times with low 14's like the ute mags

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98.  I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop.  There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother.  Hence the power comes on smoother.  It may not feel fast but its moving.  I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick.  With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell

Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's...

I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 :stirthepot: , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...

hhhhmmm, yeh good point about the Expensive Daewoo thing.

But the times were recorded twice in 2 months and by the 2 different cars I think (correct me if im wrong). The chances of the mags getting 2 dodgy cars I dont think is very likely. The 0-100 times were 6.2 from memory aswell which would translate to around a 14.5????

So what gives there something is diffinately a miss somewhere in the top end :nono:

Its weird for sure, but if Ford is stupid enough to decrease power from the greatest car they have had for a long time they will lose sales (myself included). Personally all my mates with T's agree their car is running very well then again their all Mk1's. I guess we will never know unless we work for Ford.

Well they already have our money, so why would they care ??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...