Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 04/05/05 04:01 AM Posted 04/05/05 04:01 AM After many problems after having the 3 speed auto installIt is all finally fixed thanks to HPF great help in everyway and I have to thank Craig for taking me down there too the car drives and feels like a stock car now EDIT is greatThe car is now at the end of its life as a stock interanl engine and edit has taken it as far as im willing to push it before I break something else, so plans are underway to get the engine rebuilt with forged internals and a bigger turbo and then send it back to HPF to get it tuned again Thanks again HPF
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 04/05/05 04:06 AM Posted 04/05/05 04:06 AM After many problems after having the 3 speed auto installIt is all finally fixed thanks to HPF great help in everyway and I have to thank Craig for taking me down there too the car drives and feels like a stock car now EDIT is greatThe car is now at the end of its life as a stock interanl engine and edit has taken it as far as im willing to push it before I break something else, so plans are underway to get the engine rebuilt with forged internals and a bigger turbo and then send it back to HPF to get it tuned again Thanks again HPF So what are the final results Adam, and how did you go with the injectors? I was there when they had your car on the dyno this morning and it sounds tuff man Keep up the good work Rob...
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/05/05 04:15 AM Posted 04/05/05 04:15 AM Whaddayameanby3speed ??
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 04/05/05 04:24 AM Posted 04/05/05 04:24 AM Whaddayameanby3speed ?? Ive seen his setup with a 3 speed drag auto I'll let him tell ya all about it.Rob...
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 04/05/05 04:42 AM Posted 04/05/05 04:42 AM Glad you're happy with the car Adam.Guys, Adam is a true pioneer of the XR6T. He should be thought of in the same league as Brian and Jeff. Besides doing extensive mods to the engine he has done a lot of work on the driveline that is a first for the T. I'll let Adam tell everyone what he has done. Geea.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 04/05/05 04:48 AM Posted 04/05/05 04:48 AM Glad you're happy with the car Adam.Guys, Adam is a true pioneer of the XR6T. He should be thought of in the same league as Brian and Jeff. Besides doing extensive mods to the engine he has done a lot of work on the driveline that is a first for the T. I'll let Adam tell everyone what he has done. Geea. Well said Craig, I have seen Adams car move, and moves it does very quickly... As Craig said your car is up there mate and deserves the respect. It will make a high 10 pass without to much probs Rob...
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 04/05/05 06:34 AM Posted 04/05/05 06:34 AM Yowser, sounds awesomeScotty
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 04/05/05 06:36 AM Posted 04/05/05 06:36 AM Its a 3 speed fully manual shift auto made for drag racing which means I have to change up gears like a manual and when I stop at lights change back down to first again it has a B&M pro racket shifter and a 2800 high stall (I thought it was lower by hpf told me today what it was)The tail shaft is all one piece with the rubber donuts gone and its also a bit shorter than a normal one but alot strongAs far as power goes lets see what it does at the track hopfully will have it there friday night if I can get slicks in time (worried yet craig )
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/05/05 07:00 AM Posted 04/05/05 07:00 AM Good work Adam.It's going to be great to see you or Craig break into the 10's.I'll be interested to see your drivetrain upgrade, and look forward to getting to Melbourne to see it.Brian
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 04/05/05 07:28 AM Posted 04/05/05 07:28 AM So what box have they used? C6 or C10? An FMX wouldn't hold your motor I'd expect.If you have a C6 or C10 in it, there is an overdrive unit you can buy which bolts onto the back of the box in front of the extension housing and gives a very nice 0.8:1 gear ... nice for economy and quietness when you are driving along the road at highway speeds. It was a popular fitment to F100s and F250s years ago.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now