Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/12/10 09:43 PM Posted 03/12/10 09:43 PM LS3's have been seeing 350+ with a big cam and a few other goodies. Packages are below 10k. To go to 400 is another story but in saying that, the sky is the limit once you throw FI at these 6.2l V8s.In an FG like mine I got close to 350 with around 10k but that was well over 12 months ago and with the amount of R&D you could probably get close to 400 on that amount. In an FG F6, I wouldnt know but I would assume it wouldnt be anything close to 20k or even 10 for that matter. The ease in which these cars produce good power is really amazing, was the determining factor when moving from my Bogan special to my FG. But it all goes to waste these days as I dont race and living in the CBD I rarely get to make the most of its power.
j.d Member 1,222 Member For: 16y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 03/12/10 10:05 PM Posted 03/12/10 10:05 PM I never saw it run any1, at the start of he night he was booting it around sounded tuff, never actually saw him run anybody though. We lost himMost of the night n by the end he didn't wanna run us. Also a Porsche 911 turbo was out
SLY6T Legacy Donating Member 585 Member For: 19y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: vic , melb SE Posted 03/12/10 10:21 PM Posted 03/12/10 10:21 PM spotted a fair few cars getting off the freeway in funky town at about 12 , must of been a lil cruise on or suming .
DjGsTa Legacy Donating Member 944 Member For: 19y 5m 27d Gender: Male Posted 03/12/10 11:14 PM Posted 03/12/10 11:14 PM anyone see a blue ve ss ute?think it was on gas?
j.d Member 1,222 Member For: 16y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 03/12/10 11:17 PM Posted 03/12/10 11:17 PM aps sticker on the back ?
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 04/12/10 02:34 AM Posted 04/12/10 02:34 AM where did I say 350-400?I said 500+.unopened ls3 with a TT kit added for 10k == 500+.
DjGsTa Legacy Donating Member 944 Member For: 19y 5m 27d Gender: Male Posted 04/12/10 03:39 AM Posted 04/12/10 03:39 AM aps sticker on the back ?um I dunnowhat rims is on the one your talking about
j.d Member 1,222 Member For: 16y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 04/12/10 06:14 AM Posted 04/12/10 06:14 AM (edited) um I dunnowhat rims is on the one your talking aboutto be honest I cant remember, but he was driving by himself last night no passenger. I only saw 1 blue ve ss ute outheard he has 250 rwkw . same one ?? Edited 04/12/10 06:16 AM by j.d
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Posted 04/12/10 09:54 PM Posted 04/12/10 09:54 PM where did I say 350-400?I said 500+.unopened ls3 with a TT kit added for 10k == 500+.I dont know if youre stupid or you just like making yourself out to be a massive tool...My post was directed to the post below yours and the point he was making was much the same as the point I was trying to make.. 10k will not get you a TT kit fitted, tuned and capable of getting 500rwkw... Not even f*ckin close. 10k might get you a kit that consists of a couple of turbos and some piping. Wont include a fuel system, clutch/trans upgrade, exhaust and of course fitting tuning. If it was a budget option there would a lot more people out there doing it but as I found out when I wanted to charge my old Bogan special , it really isnt as cheap as you might think. I would be happy to be corrected if I was wrong, so if anyone out there has been able to or know of someone that has been able to get 500rwkw out of an LS3 for 10k I would love to hear about it.Thanks
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 04/12/10 10:32 PM Posted 04/12/10 10:32 PM No ones really sure wingnut. 500rwkw for 10 grand would be awesome though, might get close with the new Gt?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now