jdo Member 88 Member For: 22y 3m 9d Location: Mosman Posted 22/04/05 12:18 PM Posted 22/04/05 12:18 PM FPV's offer of a complimentary GT while my baby is in getting her clutch replaced is, as it turns out, reasonably conditional. Lucky for most, it seems as though they are able to make their way around the major condition. Not so me.My clutch is on the way out. In a big way. So, I contacted the dealer who'll be servicing my 'phoon for as long as I'm around this part of the world. "Oh, let me get back to you, and we'll see how quickly we can get you into your GT," he says after hearing me describe my clutch symptoms.Today, he rings back with the bad news:My fleet company (business car, et al.) purchased the car through a Victorian dealer; I'm in Sydney. I can only get the GT through the PURCHASING DEALER; FPV's remuneration for the cost of the temporary registration of a GT in my name will only be paid to the dealer through which the Typhoon was originally purchased. This means I'm fat out of luck and stuck with a rent-a-bomb for a few weeks. That is, unless I want to drive to Melbourne to pick up the GT.Can you imagine if warranty work could only be carried out at the dealer from which you bought your car? Any manufacturer that enforced that rule would be laughed out of business in a second.To add insult to injury, Hertz don't have a Territory (I would consider that a reasonable substitute) in stock for me, so I have to put up with a f$%ing XT for a few weeks. Arseholes. This had better be a gold-plated copy of GT4 that they're sending me, I tell ya.FPV = Friggin' Pathetic Vegetables.PS. Many thanks to Tony from Brad Garlick Ford for trying to persuade FPV to pay them for my GT; pity for both of us that it didn't work
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 22/04/05 12:22 PM Posted 22/04/05 12:22 PM that's just ed!!!!!!!!
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 22/04/05 12:27 PM Posted 22/04/05 12:27 PM I'm sure someone from this forum would be MORE than happy to take your phoon down to melb, and pick up your GT and bring her back There a bunch of nice blokes/gals here
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 22/04/05 12:33 PM Posted 22/04/05 12:33 PM FPV = cheapskates bigtime. How pathetic is that when they are supposedly trying to win back buyer confidence? They have no-one else but themselves to blame for turning buyers off their products. In the socio-economic group who are their major customers, after sales service is one of the major determining factors contributing to being a repeat customer.
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 22/04/05 12:49 PM Posted 22/04/05 12:49 PM that so sucks ...If FPV if forking the bill for the GT ... who cares where it gets paid too ... whatever the dealer closest is not that difficult to understand ...what a minute... you said Hertz... ARE YOU PAYING FOR THE XT ON TOP OF ALL THIS TOO!!!!! Dude .. that's not cool if you are ... you are getting rammed twice .... Tell em to give you an XR6T for the wait at the dealer your close too .... I guess its negotiation but damn at least it aint an XT taxi
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 22/04/05 10:39 PM Posted 22/04/05 10:39 PM No Offence to anyone, and more of a general statement but Why do people act surprised at the way Ford treat their customers?
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 22/04/05 10:49 PM Posted 22/04/05 10:49 PM No Offence to anyone, and more of a general statement but Why do people act surprised at the way Ford treat their customers? I'd really like to know WHY as well
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 23/04/05 06:16 AM Posted 23/04/05 06:16 AM No Offence to anyone, and more of a general statement but Why do people act surprised at the way Ford treat their customers? I'd really like to know WHY as well it's got to stop.Dave.
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 23/04/05 07:38 AM Posted 23/04/05 07:38 AM when its plain visible it aint customer abuse ie: typhoon clutch ... then I would have though staright away no hassle ... when you start throwing in modded this and enhanced that and Jonny chops garage of tricks ... then I would start thinking why Ford wouldnt want to help .... I dont agree with it ... but I wouldnt be suprised.,..the Typhoon however does suprise me
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 24/04/05 03:39 AM Posted 24/04/05 03:39 AM Pathetic service, friggin tightarses.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now