Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 6d
  • Location: Eastern Victoria
Posted

I saw this question elsewhere in this forum but did not notice an answer.

Is it usual or possible to get the same level of Torque from a stock T with an edit as what comes from a Typhoon? Are the Power figures also comparable?

I guess this question arises because I have not seen a Dyno graph for a stock Typhoon to compare with the edited cars. If there is such a graph in this forum I would be most grateful if someone could point me to it.

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted
I saw this question elsewhere in this forum but did not notice an answer.

Is it usual or possible to get the same level of Torque from a stock T with an edit as what comes from a Typhoon? Are the Power figures also comparable?

I guess this question arises because I have not seen a Dyno graph for a stock Typhoon to compare with the edited cars. If there is such a graph in this forum I would be most grateful if someone could point me to it.

I should think you can get the same figures from an edited T. The foon's mods are mainly related to increased durability.

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

Easy, 550Nm's piece of cake.

Scotty

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Heres a Dyno graph from APS for a Typhoon.

and one from my car with Edit only.

post-5888-1112500766_thumb.jpg

post-5888-1112500840_thumb.jpg

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

I beleieve that an edit only T will have considerably more power and torque than a Typhoon.

Geea. :bowdown:

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted (edited)
Heres a Dyno graph from APS for a Typhoon.

and one from my car with Edit only.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mate, I don't think your dyno graph shows torque does it?? and your run was made in 3rd, giving a slightly higher than an 'actual' reading..

Edited by XRT UTE
  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Heres a Dyno graph from APS for a Typhoon.

and one from my car with Edit only.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mate, I don't think your dyno graph shows torque does it?? and your run was made in 3rd, giving a slightly higher than an 'actual' reading..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All auto T's are run in 3rd and manuals in 4th. They are 1:1.

Geea. :bowdown:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Oops, scanned image of my Graph has dropped both Left and Right Hand Axis Measurements.

KW on left, and Torque on right.

Kw went from 195 to 241.1. Torque from 450 to about 550.

I will take a photo with the Digital Camera and post it, including the scales :blush:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Heres a crappy digital photo of the Dyno Graph. :blush:

post-5888-1112507517_thumb.jpg

  • TRAITOR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, NQ
Posted

Disregard the N reading on your chart.

Torque [lb-ft] = (HP x 5250)/RPM

So, peak power is 320hp at roughly 5200rpm?

320 x 5250 = 1680000

1680000/5200 = 323 lb-ft

323 lb-ft = 438Nm @ 5200 rpm

That won't be your peak torque though. That's your torque at peak hp. Do the calculation at 3000rpm, and see what you get.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...