johng001 Member 192 Member For: 22y 4m 23d Location: Melb Posted 05/04/05 02:48 AM Posted 05/04/05 02:48 AM ST, How's the fix comming along?
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Posted 05/04/05 03:01 AM Posted 05/04/05 03:01 AM gooza Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM FordPower, thanks for the informative answer. Does this mean that the ETC is NOT part of the ECU, or has the Edit not had these parameters modified to suit.Thanks, AlanHey Alan, As dave- suggested above, the ETC needs to be recalibrated in order to work effectively with higher powered maps/torque reduction strategies removed.ETC is very much part of the ECU, and as Martin (Street Tuner) said, they are working on a fix (recalibration) for this at the moment.Ross
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Posted 06/04/05 12:06 AM Posted 06/04/05 12:06 AM Having said this, you do have to be really pegging it to get what I described on a dry road. Wet Road, Hmmmmmmmm.After a couple rainy days in Brisbane, I can tell you that it's very difficult to take the car for even a short drive without having the TC system switch itself off.Having said that, my tyres are not great either so that is also a factor.It will be good to get a fix for this though.....
hingston Member 22 Member For: 22y 10m 25d Location: Vic Posted 06/04/05 03:45 AM Posted 06/04/05 03:45 AM I wonder if anyone has heard of driving to the conditions ?? I had my edit fitted some time ago and in the rain on tram tracks the stratergy is to gently breathe on the accelerator when you want to take off. Any responsible upgrade needs to be balanced in this case by not only a perfomance upgrade but also tyres and probably brakes. The more you tune these cars the finer detail you need to pay attention to these items. 240rwkw on standard tyres , 3/4 worn are never going to even remotely grip in the wet and just get by in the dry.
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 10m 26d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 06/04/05 05:39 AM Posted 06/04/05 05:39 AM I would have thought if you want to play with the power learn to drive it. System of car control..... learn it.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 06/04/05 11:07 AM Posted 06/04/05 11:07 AM I think the point here still fellas is that the Traction Control is there for a reason, and if it can be made to operate correctly, then that should be part of the edit process. Make the Edit the all round package it is capable of, not just 'go faster'.
Globaltester Member 22 Member For: 21y 11m 9d Posted 06/04/05 12:45 PM Author Posted 06/04/05 12:45 PM I wonder if anyone has heard of driving to the conditions ?? I had my edit fitted some time ago and in the rain on tram tracks the stratergy is to gently breathe on the accelerator when you want to take off. Any responsible upgrade needs to be balanced in this case by not only a perfomance upgrade but also tyres and probably brakes. The more you tune these cars the finer detail you need to pay attention to these items. 240rwkw on standard tyres , 3/4 worn are never going to even remotely grip in the wet and just get by in the dry.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>But that's why I bought a car WITH traction control. I dont remember anyone telling me when I bought the Edit " Hey, here's more power, and by the way, you now don't have traction control".
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/04/05 12:58 PM Posted 06/04/05 12:58 PM I would have thought if you want to play with the power learn to drive it. System of car control..... learn it.Clever. Its not me I'm worried about, its anybody else who drives it.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 1d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 06/04/05 02:40 PM Posted 06/04/05 02:40 PM Poor old Henry would be turnin' in his grave..........Get over it... Ya got a $50K car....... Goes like a 80K+ car..Value for money????I thinkum so..If TC disables.... Drive more proficiently ...An accelerated dynamite silicon chip is not you momma......... And doesn't give a shat if you die...Use the mass thing sitting above your neck...Looks bad when it is opened but does a bloody good job of self preservation... Somebody once called it common sense, most people are common and most don't have sense...... Do the maths...You cannot expect a major engineering company to save your ass if you push thier product beyond it's boundaries............. TC OFF - Learn how to drive....
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/04/05 10:41 PM Posted 06/04/05 10:41 PM Blonk,I think you are missing the point.The problem is not that people cannot dirve or handle the car, its when the friend/wife/Gf drive the car and put it into a tree when the back steps out at 60km/h.As ST have told us, they are fixing the problem, so I hope it is all good.Blonk, you should stop trawling for arguments and stirring up the forums with your inciteful opinions
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now