bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/06/07 09:20 PM Posted 20/06/07 09:20 PM Guys,All your comments are really appreciated.These comments show that we really have a community spirit going here, which has continued to develop over the past 4 years.Also I am very pleased that the effort that I have put into describing my build-up has been enjoyed by many, and an inspiration to some. The original mods in 2003 seem a long time ago… 340rwkw back then seemed incredible; I think the first 4” exhaust to be used, with 360rwkw at the Ford/Expensive Daewoo show mid 2004; putting $10k of Alcons to stop the thing; the woes of the 5-speed manual breakages and two 6-speed upgrades well before Ford released its version; 3 different diffs; 6 months of testing twin-plate clutches with Mal Wood in 2004, quite a few trips to Warwick (people don’t realize just how much work Mal did) etc and then the big engine build-up with Nizpro, with many issues to conquer… it was all an experience and I loved every minute of it.I can assure you that there was significant $$$ put into that car. Indeed, many people starting out now see how easy it is to mod the car and get power now, without any idea of the massive effort that we have been through over the past 4 years.To a degree it has become more than a hobby, more a way of life, just like this forum.However, I will probably keep a lower profile over the next 3 months, due to increasing business commitments. During that time I’ll make up my mind about my course of action with regard to the salvaged parts. I’ll consider posting some pics of the car, as a reminder to people of what can happen all too easily. Anyone who has had an accident probably realizes that it takes time to get over incidents like this, that you relive the moment countless times (as if a nightmare), and think what if I did this or that instead.I’ll get over it, but as we all agree “thank God” that no-one was injured in any way.Thanks again,Brian
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 21/06/07 09:57 AM Posted 21/06/07 09:57 AM What terrible news Brian........as has been said, cars come and go, friends and family are for ever.Good luck with your next project.....I've got a good feeling this won't be your last!!
xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 22y 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 21/06/07 11:12 AM Posted 21/06/07 11:12 AM Brian,Very sorry to hear about the misfortune. At least your OK, and no body was hurt. Although my wife says I love my car more than her, I know which one can be replaced, and which one can't !! Take care, and I look forward to hearing about the rise of the phoenix.CheersRobin.
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 21/06/07 03:03 PM Posted 21/06/07 03:03 PM (edited) Brian, What a shock to hear. I'm glad all people in the car are OK. As has been said metal can be replaced, people can't.I very much enjoyed reading all about the build and the problems encountered, the way they were sorted and the professional write ups you posted on this forum. (You should be a journalist, but then again maybe not, you tell the truth without the sensationalism to go with it.)You and this car were an inspiration and mentor to us all. It would be fair to say that a lot of the performance gear for these cars is available because of the pioneering work that was done on your beast.Seeing it at the C&V dyno day is something I wont forget in a hurry.I wish you all the very best in whatever you decide to do.Rob Edited 21/06/07 03:14 PM by GreenXR6T
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/06/07 12:49 PM Posted 22/06/07 12:49 PM Here's the last dyno run, the day before the accident, with 579rwkw. Jim weaved his magic on the car, starting with the base Nizpro map, and progressively building up the power using his advanced state-of-the-art tuning facilities.500rwkw at 4250 revs is pretty strong going, and it's a very good sized turbo for the application.The top end of the tune was incomplete, as we had too much clutch slip.There's a bit more in this motor yet, and easily over 600rwkw.The cruel thing is that I intended to take the car out to WSID for a quiet run 3 days after the accident, so that plan is on hold for now.I was running less boost and power when I had the accident, but as stated before for street use a far more progressive power delivery is required.The car is now in safe storage, ready for Jim to strip the whole engine bay, Koni suspension, new 6-speed T56, strong cv's, brakes, fuel pumps etc.It looks like 3 of the wheels are OK, but I'll have to order another rear 10" wheel from Japan.Brian
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 23/06/07 05:44 AM Posted 23/06/07 05:44 AM Glad to C U OK Brizer
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 24/06/07 02:21 AM Posted 24/06/07 02:21 AM glad everythings alright brian, its been awesome reading everything and seeing the stupid yet awesome things youve achieved with that car.pull the good bits out and slap em in and get that thing cracking again its too much work to throw away over a small set-back like the crash!
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 24/06/07 02:46 AM Posted 24/06/07 02:46 AM Shocked to hear about this Brian, glad you and your passengers are OK. Shaken not stirred hey! Presuming you find a donour car for all these bits (I'm betting the F6) and continue with the power chase do you think you will be requiring some sort of chassis/body strengthening to handle the 600kw/1XXXNm? I know a lot of the old 60s models Holdens require chassis bracing when transplanting V8s into them and I doubt if many would be running your power levels.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/06/07 11:41 PM Posted 24/06/07 11:41 PM Glad to hear everyone is ok Brian, looking forward to hearing more about the new car
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Gender: Male Posted 25/06/07 01:55 AM Posted 25/06/07 01:55 AM should use an auto for one pass and run an 8 in the next project, just so the record is broken!! it has stood for so long now.cant wait to read about the next project for for this engine.it has me a little stumped how it was written off, but at least you have it back.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now