Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/02/05 12:13 PM Posted 06/02/05 12:13 PM In SA I think the only people that order white falcons are my parents (3 in a row) and taxi companies. As said before, resale would be my concern. Most people wanting this type of car like a bit of lair factor IMO. This will flow through to second hand buyers too. I picked a Regency Red EL XR6 with 30K on the clock over a White one with 8K on the clock a few years back when the deals were about the same.Stick it out and get the one you wanted I say.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have been buying White cars for years and have never had the colour effect resale negatively. In fact the opposite.Anyway it must be different in SA :lol:
JoeG Member 92 Member For: 22y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/05 11:35 PM Posted 06/02/05 11:35 PM Guys,I think this post needs some pics, don't you??How about some happy snaps of your new ride M6 XR6T, - sounds very noice!!!
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 07/02/05 12:40 AM Posted 07/02/05 12:40 AM Guys,I think this post needs some pics, don't you??How about some happy snaps of your new ride M6 XR6T, - sounds very noice!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> :msm:
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Location: North Brisbane Posted 07/02/05 03:52 AM Posted 07/02/05 03:52 AM Mate, wait for the colour you really want. Otherwise, you will never be happy with the car. Everytime you wash it you will be thinking the same thing.......if only I had waited.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/02/05 03:59 AM Posted 07/02/05 03:59 AM White??? Nah take the lender and wait and neg some extra (free) options. (lux pack??)I think I would regret it if I didnt get the colour I wanted...What The???Oh some people have obviously not caught onto the domination that is Team WW!! Welcome new member to what is the classiest colour going around on the T, no lamingtons here guys, just pure looks, style and power Welcome to Team WWWD!!!!!!!Join us, yes you must!!
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/02/05 04:04 AM Posted 07/02/05 04:04 AM I usually hate White cars, but the XR's in white really do look the goods.Aw these newbies, you will learn, and learn to accept the truth.Maybe some time spent with Ken may straighten you out,then again, straight and Ken don't go in the same sentence.Even after that obvious misinfored comment.Welcome
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/02/05 10:00 AM Posted 07/02/05 10:00 AM In SA I think the only people that order white falcons are my parents (3 in a row) and taxi companies. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> :lol: :lol: Taxi companies!Ive been saying it all along! The white T is a very universal car! Once you are sick of cruising around, just whack a illuminated TAXI sign on the roof, and bob's yer uncle! You can go and make some money carting drunks home! :lol:
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/02/05 11:54 AM Posted 07/02/05 11:54 AM My car is known as the TT (Turbo Taxi)
Guest sully59 Guests Posted 07/02/05 12:06 PM Posted 07/02/05 12:06 PM Have not seen a colour on a "T" that I didn't like, in fact when I bought mine I changed the colour three times before it went to manufacture.
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 2d Location: Perth Posted 08/02/05 12:26 AM Author Posted 08/02/05 12:26 AM Had a meeting with the dealer principle and stock controller to find out what happened. To cut a long story short it does look like it's FoMoCo's fault; because there was an order in the system for a colour that was no longer available they defaulted the colour to white. Unfortunately my car was one of the vehicles caught up in the production run. It's even more unfortunate that FoMoCo did not tell the dealership around the country that they decided to change the colour to white. Something like 20 vehicles were affected that day.On a more positive note I did take delivery of the car yesterday. It's great! Absolutely love it. No diff noise, no gearbox noise, gearshifts are perfect. I couldn't be happier. Did 250kms in it yesterday afternoon/evening.In the next few days the car is off to get lowered springs, window tinting and a SCT tuning box. Will probably just flash the 8spi program in it until it clocks up a few k's, then I'll continue with the rest of the mods.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now