tupperware Member 113 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Location: South Brizzy Posted 28/01/05 02:49 AM Posted 28/01/05 02:49 AM Had the ol' girl in for a few free fixes again (brakes & radiator just for something different), and thought I'd have the service dept try to "find" the edit (8 psi map).Well YES they can recognise that it's not the standard Ford configuration as the WDS can't communicate with the PCM unless it's running an original program. In simple terms I can see the Service depts always checking for successful communication during a car's visit to confirm it hasn't been played with.But the good news is that if it's been reset back to the factory program it can't be detected. The WDS doesn't display the last date of reflash, it just checks for what program you have and if there is an update available. Fairly good news if you don't want to play too much.There may be more to it but that's from the Service manager after he tried. Even knowing it had previously been reflash, he was still unable to find a trace once it was reset to the standard maps.On a side note... there is now another fix for the early brakes which shudder. The pad compound has now been changed, but the sad part is it looks like they have gone to Bendix Utilmates. All of Fords R&D and they end up going down to SuperCheap for they pads, that's got to be embarrassing!! Fix shoud be available to the masses in Feb.Regards,Cameron
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 28/01/05 03:01 AM Posted 28/01/05 03:01 AM yeah that is pretty funny...alot of people don't like Bendix though, I wonder why they chose them...Dave.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 28/01/05 03:11 AM Posted 28/01/05 03:11 AM Interesting news Cameron, thanks!
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 28/01/05 03:21 AM Posted 28/01/05 03:21 AM Yes,Great bit of info, obviously the result of a good relationship.Just the type of story we love to get.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 28/01/05 04:16 AM Posted 28/01/05 04:16 AM Good read tupperware sounds like its bye bye piggyback's and hello warranty CYA JEFF
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 28/01/05 05:51 AM Posted 28/01/05 05:51 AM Well done Tuppy, I'll post the codes from my brake shudder fix of last night in the morningScottyp.s. how many K's on the clock for you 80K's ??
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Birkdale Posted 28/01/05 06:48 AM Posted 28/01/05 06:48 AM When I go for my 15K I am going to ask them that if they need to replace the pads because I do have brake shudder, then I shall request QFM.
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 28/01/05 08:44 AM Posted 28/01/05 08:44 AM Good read tupperware sounds like its bye bye piggyback's and hello warranty CYA JEFF 8PSI for 199rwkw I'll keep my piggyback thanks Cant beat real time tuning
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 28/01/05 10:25 AM Posted 28/01/05 10:25 AM Good read tupperware sounds like its bye bye piggyback's and hello warranty CYA JEFF 8PSI for 199rwkw I'll keep my piggyback thanksCant beat real time tuning Spent $12k more running 10psi more and 120 rwklw more and only 0.8 quicker and NO warrantyGood call Gooseman
XR8Cam Member 6 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Posted 28/01/05 10:59 AM Posted 28/01/05 10:59 AM OK, so you can re-flash back to "factory", but what do you do if the dealer updates your "factory" program to the latest, can you then copy this back into the re-flasher box?If not, then I guess the dealer will wonder why your program is always at an older version, even though they have updated it on the previous service visit.If yes, then no problem...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now