Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 10d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Carpark at work...14:00 today...Canberra.. 20c piece sized hail..

:welcome2:

Bonet has 10+ marks...One mark you can see withought looking...

The roof has three small marks.

:thumbsup:

No paint damage but you can see the dents if you look.

The Ute has 4200km on it..had it about two months !

My insurance excess is $450.

I was going to take the car to the ute show in Feb..but...

Any idea if its worth fixing? ..new bonet might be worth less than the insurance exess..

I'm drinking now and it might magicly fix it's self while I sleep.

:ermm:

I could live with the problem but I know it's there..

I guess I could wait until a really BIG hail storm and have it all fixed at once...

:k24t::k24t::blush:

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 24d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

That sux bigtime. :welcome2: I doubt if a bonnet would cost less than $450 especially taking into account painting. Or you could maybe get one of those carbon fibre XR8 copy bonnets from New Gel in Fyshwick if you like that sort of thing.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 24y 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

As soon as I heard it coming down I ran out and chucked it in the garage. Too scared to look for any damage :welcome2:

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted

of course its worth fixing mate. its your pride and joy driving around with dents in it just would look right. maybe on a Expensive Daewoo but certainly not a ford

:welcome2:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 6d
Posted

Just had my hail damaged fixed last week by one of those Paintless Dint Removal blokes. Repaired bonnet, FRHS guard, roof and bootlid. Quote was about $1250 - boss paid the $350 excess. It's a top job - you would never know it had been damaged. The other good thing was he only needed the car for 2 days. Hope this gives you a bit of an idea!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 10d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I'll check the price at Ford and new Gel..

Would I look like a wa*ker with an XR8 bonet????

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted
I'll check the price at Ford and new Gel..

Would I look like a wa*ker with an XR8 bonet????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh contrair.... xr8 bonnet is a horn bit of kit....

I wouls seriously get one put on mine when it comes.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Paintless dent removal is the way to go. I've had dents removed from a few of my cars and you wont even see they were there.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 15d
Posted

Just had my mums car fixed, roof, bonnet, boot etc for $1000 bucks. had 15 dints in total! Dint doctor did it, no paint needed and u would never tell.

  • Team Blueprint
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mine got hit in SYd about 4 weeks ago at the airport.......

I got about 70 marks all over the bonnet and roof... looks like someone took it out on the golf range and hit balls at it with a sand wedge for an hour.

$3000 worth of damage... they are fixing it with dentless paint repair apparently.

oooooooooooooooooooooo I feel like crying when I look at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...