CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 09/12/02 07:53 AM Posted 09/12/02 07:53 AM Well, then. I definitely live in the wrong state for personalised plates. Those plates in ACT would've cost over $3,000! Yes but like QLD that's a one off fee. We in NSW have to pay that same amount every year actually i believe its $352 a year just to keep them as a sort of leasing fee from the RTA.
Guest exr6 Guests Posted 09/12/02 08:36 AM Posted 09/12/02 08:36 AM As far as I know, that is a one off payment (in vic anyway), thereafter we pay our normal rego each year. There is no way I would be paying $3000.00
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 09/12/02 08:44 AM Posted 09/12/02 08:44 AM There's still quite a few permantations on the 240 kilowatt theme left in NSW. But at $375 recurrent per year forget it.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 09/12/02 09:30 AM Posted 09/12/02 09:30 AM As far as I know, that is a one off payment (in vic anyway), thereafter we pay our normal rego each year. There is no way I would be paying $3000.00 I thought that here in VIC "popular" plates were offered to the highest bidder for the inital purchase, there after you paid standard rego fees
Guest exr6 Guests Posted 09/12/02 08:54 PM Posted 09/12/02 08:54 PM No. It doesn't work that way. All you do is ring vicroads, ask them is such & such plate available, if they say yes it's yours. I did this, payed with credit card & it was posted to me in two weeks.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 09/12/02 09:14 PM Posted 09/12/02 09:14 PM There's still quite a few permantations on the 240 kilowatt theme left in NSW. But at $375 recurrent per year forget it. That amount every year is what made the decision of not getting personal plates. I had personal plates on my last car, and thinking about it wasn't worth the money (though the car was a show car).
Guest matchew Guests Posted 09/12/02 11:10 PM Posted 09/12/02 11:10 PM Ordered mine yesterday, XRT66. 325bucks.I have XXR80 on my current ride. Oh yeah this is my first post.
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 10/12/02 12:07 AM Posted 10/12/02 12:07 AM GNT-240Once off $185. Really wanted some XRT-*** plates but alas, it wasn't to be. Even the new european looking ones were all taken.
Guest familyman Guests Posted 10/12/02 01:23 AM Posted 10/12/02 01:23 AM I was thinking about just this topic the other day as I drove past the local HSV dealer. Although I will probably never park one of these beasts (XR6T not HSV!) in the driveway, wouldn't the following be appropriate:IJST81
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 10/12/02 04:03 AM Posted 10/12/02 04:03 AM No. It doesn't work that way. All you do is ring vicroads, ask them is such & such plate available, if they say yes it's yours. I did this, payed with credit card & it was posted to me in two weeks. Hmm....thanks for the correction. I just might try that. Just gotta get aagreement from the wife about what to have. She does not want anything obvious like MYXR6T etc. So I'll have to be creative......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now