GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 10/12/04 05:37 AM Posted 10/12/04 05:37 AM Theres no contraversy... you should have gotten blueprint Haha I can avoid that one quite easily.... Its no longer available! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your excused.... Put your money aside for a respray
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 10/12/04 06:24 AM Posted 10/12/04 06:24 AM I hate mud spats, they damage your paint after about a year, they'll wear right through it. Use a butter knife to pry out the centre part of the screw a bit then lightly unscrew it. They look sh*te imo. We didn't option the mud spats on our car, its 13 months old with 25000km and theres no stone chips from not having mud spats.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's why l didn't get them
Barry Blue Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom! Member 890 Member For: 21y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: Tweed Heads Posted 10/12/04 06:43 AM Posted 10/12/04 06:43 AM I hate mud spats, they damage your paint after about a year, they'll wear right through it. Use a butter knife to pry out the centre part of the screw a bit then lightly unscrew it. They look sh*te imo. We didn't option the mud spats on our car, its 13 months old with 25000km and theres no stone chips from not having mud spats.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's why l didn't get them <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The mud spats are good protection,but what I did to stop them rubbing the paint was stick clear film on the paint underneath the spats. I bought the film as DIY headlight protectors, its quite a thick clear plastic with sticky on one side, can't even see it's there! B.B.
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 21y 11m 27d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 10/12/04 07:33 AM Posted 10/12/04 07:33 AM Theres no contraversy... you should have gotten blueprint :oHaha I can avoid that one quite easily.... Its no longer available! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> so you tryed to get blue then but I see you come to your sences and got the best colour avalible and also the best gear box .got to love that winter white and 6 speed what else did you get cause I got the same no mud spats looks good with out them and premium sound with 17's looks soooo hot!! :o :o :o
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/12/04 08:16 AM Author Posted 10/12/04 08:16 AM Put your money aside for a respray :oOk that's quite enough from you! so you tryed to get blue then No I didn't I got Premium Brakes, 18's and the Premium Sound! I reckon the colour is great, only bas*ard is you hit a tiny puddle and the car is filthy!!!!Getting back to the topic I tried to get those lugs out with a few things and gave up. I'm gonna get some spare ones and just cut the out or something. Either that or I'll get the dealer to rip em off at the 3k service.
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 16d Posted 10/12/04 09:05 AM Posted 10/12/04 09:05 AM I hate mud spats, they damage your paint after about a year, they'll wear right through it. Use a butter knife to pry out the centre part of the screw a bit then lightly unscrew it. They look sh*te imo. We didn't option the mud spats on our car, its 13 months old with 25000km and theres no stone chips from not having mud spats.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I ordered mine without them as I think they ruin the look of the skirts and the curve of the rear end .
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 10/12/04 09:31 AM Posted 10/12/04 09:31 AM Getting back to the topic I tried to get those lugs out with a few things and gave up. I'm gonna get some spare ones and just cut the out or something. Either that or I'll get the dealer to rip em off at the 3k service.Don't put too much force into pulling those fur-tree clips out Fast fridge, I did on my first car (to remove the bumper) and actualy broke the bracket they plug into, off the bumper! Had to glue it back together to sell it! :lol:
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/12/04 12:41 AM Author Posted 11/12/04 12:41 AM Don't put too much force into pulling those fur-tree clips out Fast fridge, I did on my first car (to remove the bumper) and actualy broke the bracket they plug into, off the bumper! Had to glue it back together to sell it! :lol:Yeh I noticed when playing with the rear ones that the whole bumper moves around a bit. Seems pretty flimsy actually. First service isn't far away so I'll get them removed then.
deek Legacy Donating Member 362 Member For: 23y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne / Wantirna Posted 11/12/04 12:56 AM Posted 11/12/04 12:56 AM Go and buy new ones there not expensive. its a lot easier than trying to remove and reuse the old ones.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now