dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/12/04 10:59 PM Posted 09/12/04 10:59 PM Finally picked up my BAII XR6T yesterday, in manual of course! (I know, useless without pics ) The fleet company have specified that the dealer fit the mud spats all round. I had a look at them last night, but those plastic lugs don't want to come out with light force. I thought I'd leave them just incase they are a single use item?I'm assuming I need to put the lugs/clips back in after removing the mud spats as they hold up the inner wheel arch liner?Any tips for a silly fool? :lol:D.
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 09/12/04 11:13 PM Posted 09/12/04 11:13 PM This won't really answer your question, but I (as do many others) would highly recommend you keep the mudspats on your T. They save your baby from getting stonechips up the sides of your car. If you don't like them, I'm sure one of our esteemed site members from Ford will be able to answer this for you.
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/12/04 11:27 PM Posted 09/12/04 11:27 PM You need to get a sharp edge in between the spat and the "christmas tree" lug to get them a bit out, then use a screwdriver or similar to get them out. They do need to go back in to hold the liner up.I agree with LC, why do you want to remove them, I think they are excellent and have put them on both my BAs.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/12/04 11:31 PM Posted 09/12/04 11:31 PM You need to get a sharp edge in between the spat and the "christmas tree" lug to get them a bit out, then use a screwdriver or similar to get them out. They do need to go back in to hold the liner up.I agree with LC, why do you want to remove them, I think they are excellent and have put them on both my BAs.keep them... I didnt have them for the first 10000km, but after the stone chips and stuff I got them fitted
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/12/04 11:54 PM Author Posted 09/12/04 11:54 PM Hmm well I don't particularly want to have the lower sides of the car covered in stone chips but the spats just don't look right on a white car. Maybe its just me
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 8d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/12/04 12:20 AM Posted 10/12/04 12:20 AM keep them if you must paint them white. but first you need a special additive or something to make the paint stick to the plastic as if you look around you will see plenty of people who painted their bumpers to see them peeling because they didn`t follow the wright procedure.Should look good in a two -pac white.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 10/12/04 03:54 AM Posted 10/12/04 03:54 AM I hate mud spats, they damage your paint after about a year, they'll wear right through it. Use a butter knife to pry out the centre part of the screw a bit then lightly unscrew it. They look sh*te imo. We didn't option the mud spats on our car, its 13 months old with 25000km and theres no stone chips from not having mud spats.
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/12/04 05:07 AM Author Posted 10/12/04 05:07 AM Hehe this is almost as controversial as what colour is best or should I get an auto or manual :lol: Thanks for the pointers, XR8 Ute and Glenn. I'll give it a shot tonight before I hit the streets again
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 10/12/04 05:08 AM Posted 10/12/04 05:08 AM Hehe this is almost as controversial as what colour is best or should I get an auto or manual :lol: Thanks for the pointers, XR8 Ute and Glenn. I'll give it a shot tonight before I hit the streets again <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Theres no contraversy... you should have gotten blueprint
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/12/04 05:29 AM Author Posted 10/12/04 05:29 AM Theres no contraversy... you should have gotten blueprint Haha I can avoid that one quite easily.... Its no longer available!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now