Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • What's happening?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Steel City, NSW
Posted

I bought Half Life 2 on Saturday, and spent the best part of Saturday afternoon and evening immersed in the game. So far, it seems absolutely fantastic.

I was a big fan of the original, and anyone who enjoyed that wont be let down.

The game itself is bloody huge. Installs from 5 cds, total of about 4.5gb of hdd space. The package includes Counterstrike-source, which I havent played yet.

The graphics detail is amazing, even though I havent been able to crank the quality right up on my PC.

The story itself is set in a city, as opposed to the research facility of the last game. They have also included vehicles in this one, although I have only come across the first type so far. I still have lots of different opponents to come across also, and have only just found the head crabs from the first game.

If anyone else is playing it, let me know what you think.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Still waiting for my copy have heard that it's still pretty buggie, will play on some machines and not other's.

They had to release a patch for it already to fix this problem :smilielol: after a lead time of how many years.....

Also heard it's pretty linear given the size of the environment and not as free roaming as Far Cry?

Still lookin forward to gettin hold of it but.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m
Posted

I have had it for just under a week now.

The game is F**KING AWESOME.

Great graphics, gameplay etc. I have played it heaps Its not buggy at all

I highly recommend it as long as you have a fast computer though, runs good on my system, P4 3.2Ghz 768 RAM Radeon 9800, but my brother computer athlon 2400 with 512 ram radeon 9600 it lags a bit on full graphics.

Buy it now!

:crybaby:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 11d
Posted

I have found it to be fantastic. Havent found anything on it I would consider a bug. Very polished.

I played Halo 2 last weekend: its as advanced as a PC game was 5 years ago. Quake 1 or maybe Quake2 level. Pretty average.

I have been playing HalfLife2 at 1920x1440 resolution with 4x AA turned on and still get over 70 frames per second. Much more efficient code than Doom3.

It looks AMAZING.

P4 3.6GHz

1 gig Kingston HyperX RAM

GeForce 6800GT

  • fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Point Cook, Vic
Posted

bought it off steam the day it was out.. haven't loaded it yet as I'm scared my GFX card will make it too sucky :(

  • Umm...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 8d
  • Location: North Lake Macquarie NSW
Posted

Just on the topic of half-life. (I dont think I will get a copy)

I found THIS

It is actually a video of someone fininshing half-life in 45mins. I havent downloaded it myself cause I cant be bothered. But 45 mins is quite a nerdy acheivment.

:loc:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 6d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yeah, I finished the game yesterday. To me a big disappointment from what it was supposed to be initially, at least what we were told from valve.

No where near the interactive world it was supposed to be. Gravity gun is good though just not used enough in the world

  • HgAg soldier
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yeah I finished it too. I think it was just too built up and expectations were high. Overall I thought it was a good game, I was a little disapointed with the ending.

lurve the buggy, though labelling the speed up as "turbo" was a bit wierd, nitro or nos would have been better...

:loc:

Posted
Yeah, I finished the game yesterday. To me a big disappointment from what it was supposed to be initially, at least what we were told from valve.

No where near the interactive world it was supposed to be. Gravity gun is good though just not used enough in the world

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suprise Suprise Suprise,the goose not happy again :loc:

Hey Goldie,fancy a game of dugs,bring your best tom bowlers

ya cant beat a good game of marbles

vik

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 6d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Ive gone back to some of the earlier levels with the gravity gun and so much of the environment cannot be moved. A very different story from the early videos of the game where you could pull letters of signs on buildings and use them as weapons etc. Now its the token barrell, radiator...ho hum.

Like Doom3, this game is visually smashed by Far Cry as it's very much on rails.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...