turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Location: Toowoomba Posted 27/10/04 03:27 PM Posted 27/10/04 03:27 PM Something that you spray on your tyre to make them stickier doesnt sound safe to me, I am probably wrong but, it sounds like it reduces the quality of the rubber. Anyway wouldnt it all be for nothing as soon as you do a burnout.Dazza.
Guest Guests Posted 27/10/04 04:29 PM Posted 27/10/04 04:29 PM VHT is aplied at the track as part of their prep. dont know if they still do it or not pascoes near me used to stock it we can try tomorrow/today!
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 27/10/04 11:40 PM Posted 27/10/04 11:40 PM Ive got a tyre problem as well :lol: I'm planing to go to Calder this friday night and run for my first time however my 19 inch rear tyres are nearly bold and I dont want to risk driving back to my house with NO tread when im done after the runs. What do you recommend to do? use 2 stock tyres? ive got my spare then so I need one more. Rob...
Guest Guests Posted 28/10/04 12:24 AM Posted 28/10/04 12:24 AM Ive got a tyre problem as well :lol: I'm planing to go to Calder this friday night and run for my first time however my 19 inch rear tyres are nearly bold and I dont want to risk driving back to my house with NO tread when im done after the runs. What do you recommend to do? use 2 stock tyres? ive got my spare then so I need one more. Rob...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>do you have any cheap sh imprt tyre place near you might be worth just puting on a pair that are cheapies!or if you like and you can get anothre stocky run yours and then on your way back you can stop at my place and we can change to the stockie's for your trip home im less than 10 min from calder at that time!
Chris xr6 Member 376 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Location: Shire Posted 28/10/04 01:06 AM Posted 28/10/04 01:06 AM Falken Azenis RT215 which are a road race tyre are available from tempe tyres in Sydney (sorry I know that doesn't help you GEEA) for $250 per corner just in case anyone was interested
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 28/10/04 02:19 AM Posted 28/10/04 02:19 AM "VHT Track Bite" is the traction compound used by drag racers( there are others, but VHT is the most common), dont know if Calder still allow it or not, but it works very well, doesnt affect the tyre compound, just makes the track sticky, good 60ft times .Hope you have some luck with the tyre Craig.Hey Nick, (dynowog) thanks for helping out great work
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 28/10/04 02:44 AM Posted 28/10/04 02:44 AM Ive got a tyre problem as well :lol: I'm planing to go to Calder this friday night and run for my first time however my 19 inch rear tyres are nearly bold and I dont want to risk driving back to my house with NO tread when im done after the runs. What do you recommend to do? use 2 stock tyres? ive got my spare then so I need one more. Rob...do you have any cheap sh imprt tyre place near you might be worth just puting on a pair that are cheapies!or if you like and you can get anothre stocky run yours and then on your way back you can stop at my place and we can change to the stockie's for your trip home im less than 10 min from calder at that time!Thanks Heaps Dynowog! mate that's fantastic and I will consider your offer. I just dont want to drive home with the stockies via the city im sure the cops will pull me over ha ha ha, mate ill keep in touch. Thanks again Rob...
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 28/10/04 07:58 AM Author Posted 28/10/04 07:58 AM I went to Nick's (Dynowog) shop today and met the team. He really knows his stuff. He also showed me a car on the dyno with an EMS cpu and the software looked very impressive. Nick tunes alot of the Saloon cars (EA-EB AU Fords and similar Holdens) they are a support for the Konica series. I think he tunes 9 of the cars in the field. We tried a set of the tyres off an EA, these were supplied by Pretzel, (thanks buddy). They were a smaller rolling diameter than my 19's and looked like they might be ok. He asked me to load the car up under brakes and the car squatted and the tyre was hitting the guard by about 15-20mm. He then thought up plan B. This involved me buying 2x16" AU steel rims from Ford for $90. He has a friend that will let me use 2 of his old Saloon tyres on these rims. They wont be as good as the Nitto's of Nizpro or the Tyres that Dean has but they should be alot better than the factory Dunlops. Nick thinks they should be about 80% as good as the Nitto's. If these help me get a sub 1.95 60' and no mid track wheel spin I should be able to get a PB.So once again Nick thankyou for your help.Whilst I was there he also noticed that my serpentine belt was wearing in places and organised and fitted a new one, I was very immpressed thatr he noticed this as he was just having a general look at my slightly different engine bay.Geea.
Guest Guests Posted 28/10/04 02:56 PM Posted 28/10/04 02:56 PM I went to Nick's (Dynowog) shop today and met the team. He really knows his stuff. He also showed me a car on the dyno with an EMS cpu and the software looked very impressive. Nick tunes alot of the Saloon cars (EA-EB AU Fords and similar Holdens) they are a support for the Konica series. I think he tunes 9 of the cars in the field. We tried a set of the tyres off an EA, these were supplied by Pretzel, (thanks buddy). They were a smaller rolling diameter than my 19's and looked like they might be ok. He asked me to load the car up under brakes and the car squatted and the tyre was hitting the guard by about 15-20mm. He then thought up plan B. This involved me buying 2x16" AU steel rims from Ford for $90. He has a friend that will let me use 2 of his old Saloon tyres on these rims. They wont be as good as the Nitto's of Nizpro or the Tyres that Dean has but they should be alot better than the factory Dunlops. Nick thinks they should be about 80% as good as the Nitto's. If these help me get a sub 1.95 60' and no mid track wheel spin I should be able to get a PB.So once again Nick thankyou for your help.Whilst I was there he also noticed that my serpentine belt was wearing in places and organised and fitted a new one, I was very immpressed thatr he noticed this as he was just having a general look at my slightly different engine bay.Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>couple of inacuracies here mate the 2 tyre's are your's acording to kirkham just pay for removal and fit. there is only just enough tread though!
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/10/04 09:24 PM Posted 28/10/04 09:24 PM Ah, I didn't know fabulous Phil was suppling the rubber. He is a good bloke. Nice to meet you yesterday Nick.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now