OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 19/03/03 11:22 PM Posted 19/03/03 11:22 PM hmmm. interesting. the powerchip gold looks good, but I think I might wait till the way is over.
Guest slapper Guests Posted 20/03/03 12:57 AM Posted 20/03/03 12:57 AM DallasQLD - in addition to a chip its probably & a simple boost bleed/wastegate adjustment ($150 tops). I've fit these in under an hour & I'm not a mechanic.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 20/03/03 01:50 AM Posted 20/03/03 01:50 AM I seriously suggest you read the interview on Autospeed with the head of 'PowerChip' Wayne Besanko before making any decisions either way.http://www.autospeed.com/A_0402/cms/article.htmlhttp://www.autospeed.com/A_0408/cms/article.html
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 20/03/03 02:40 AM Posted 20/03/03 02:40 AM Hmmmm,that article IS disturbing,However I know that they offer a chip for the BMW M5 that impressed Robert Allenby(The White Ball Chaser)so much that he actually invested and expanded their operations off-shore and cracked them into America and all!Apparently nobody in the USA at all offered a chip for the M5!
Guest PHNTUM Guests Posted 20/03/03 05:53 AM Posted 20/03/03 05:53 AM What insurance companies will cover and XR6T after a Powerchip has been installed ?RACV = NoJust Cars = YES cost was $1550 car kept in geelong.
harasn Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground! Legacy Donating Member 306 Member For: 23y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 20/03/03 09:44 AM Posted 20/03/03 09:44 AM they can get 309 Kw and 562 Mn out of a standard xr6t Something is seriously wrong with the torque output with that sort of Kw rating! It should be over 625Nm with that sort of Kw's. It looks like the manufacturer of the chip is trying to protect the driveline somewhat! The gearbox, tailshaft, diff and axles wont handle that sort of power and torque on a standard XR6T driveline. Not for long anyway! depending on how you drive it! Would be fun while it lasted but! B)
PSI40L Member 175 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Posted 20/03/03 11:12 PM Posted 20/03/03 11:12 PM I dnt under stand y the torque should be that high I reckon it spot on with the numbers I mean a std 300 kw gts makes 510nm and a gt sacrifices power at 290kw to get 520nm so the 309kw claim and 562 nm with me is on the money 625 nm should be showing nearly370 kw
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 21/03/03 12:41 AM Posted 21/03/03 12:41 AM Hi allThis PDF claims that they can get 309 Kw and 562 Mn out of a standard xr6t for the small price of $1490. If this document is true that's one hell of an improvement.http://www.powerchipgroup.com/datasheets/1/For0108.pdfCheers Methos This link no longer seems to work. When you go to PC main page and select XR6T the following message comes up.Unfortunately we do not currently have a Powerchip available for your Ford Falcon BA XR6T 4.0 Turbo. Your vehicle has not yet been seen by Powerchip but we will be conducting research and development to have it available as soon as possible.Mmmmm... :o I'm the first to admit that I know SFA about chips but a 70kw increase with no other mods (?) seems a bit sus to me. Especially after reading the Autospeed article; money back guarantee if you spend $Xhundred before and after dyno testing it.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 21/03/03 01:20 AM Posted 21/03/03 01:20 AM Isn't torque vs horses related to revs over the root mean squared of three fish in a tree?I actually forget the figure but I seem to remember it is related to revs ie high revs-less torque to KW ratio...I think this deserves a new thread...
Guest Mr Walker Guests Posted 21/03/03 01:38 AM Posted 21/03/03 01:38 AM Falcoon,Don't forget a chip in a fuel injected V8 without other mods will make minor increases (if any at all) but combine this with increased boost in the turbo and 70kw doesn't seem extreme at all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now