bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 31/08/04 06:27 AM Posted 31/08/04 06:27 AM Just recently paid $95.00 for a set (24) of BA GT valve springs from Ford, haven't had them fitted yet.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 31/08/04 07:10 AM Posted 31/08/04 07:10 AM Just recently paid $95.00 for a set (24) of BA GT valve springs from Ford, haven't had them fitted yet. How are you getting them onto the T? They are too big without machining. Were they inlet of exhaust?Scotty
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Location: Mildura Posted 31/08/04 09:30 AM Author Posted 31/08/04 09:30 AM I'm sure that Nizpro would have used XR8 ones if they were suitable, other wise why would you go top the trouble and expence of developing other valve springs.My guess is if you check camshaft lift and rocker ratios you may will find that the XR6turbo and the V8 would be different. The coil windings would also be different. You would have to measure the gap between the coils when both springs are compressed at maximum lift. If the coils touch or bind it is not a good thing. Xr8 valve springs are also designed for N/A vehicles. Valve back pressure in turbo cars would be significantly higher I would think coil rebound would have to be different.I might be wrong but it's my opnion anyway. If the Techies can shoot me down go for it. macka
Guest XR6Twish Guests Posted 31/08/04 10:09 AM Posted 31/08/04 10:09 AM From what I have read on the Nizpro website, their valve springs are designed to suit both stock and high lift cam applications. They don't require any head machining to fit and will suit extreme boost and horsepower applications.Scotty, I reckon these may be good enough reasons for the extra $50?
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 28d Location: Gold Coast Posted 31/08/04 01:19 PM Posted 31/08/04 01:19 PM My money is with Scotty!He's on the mark as best bang for buck so far!Also if he's using Xr8 springs & they're doing the job, then I'll be going down his path!He has no monetry gain from telling you his experience!Scotty keep it up, I'll always listen!!!! Russ
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 31/08/04 07:20 PM Posted 31/08/04 07:20 PM I also have the xr8 springs and have no problems at all.Ian
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 31/08/04 07:22 PM Posted 31/08/04 07:22 PM Also the xr8 springs are made of thicker springs but have less coils so they will not bind when full compressed.Ian
Guest Guests Posted 31/08/04 09:49 PM Posted 31/08/04 09:49 PM My money is with Scotty!He's on the mark as best bang for buck so far!Also if he's using Xr8 springs & they're doing the job, then I'll be going down his path!He has no monetry gain from telling you his experience!Scotty keep it up, I'll always listen!!!! Russ Talk about pen*s envy vik
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 01/09/04 12:04 AM Posted 01/09/04 12:04 AM I'm sure that Nizpro would have used XR8 ones if they were suitableOther wise why would you go top the trouble and expence of developing other valve springs.If the coils touch or bind it is not a good thing. Xr8 valve springs are also designed for N/A vehicles.Valve back pressure in turbo cars would be significantly higher I would think coil rebound would have to be different. They are 100 thou from coil bind, they show 52psi when the valve is shut & 160 when it is open, as opposed to the standard springs that show 60 shut & 125ish opened. These figures I compiled whilst standing next to the biggest distributor of Valve Springs in Australia.The T springs are the same as the N/A Barra 182 springs which makes the aspirated v forced induction question seemingly irrelevant.If you want to run bigger camshafts in the future no spring you fit now will suit future applictaions, which I'd think is plainly obvious, unless you are going to shim it, which isn't a very clever idea. You'll fit bigger springs & machine the heads to fit them when you've your engine apart for the power up. Like BCL has done.I'd say Nizpro developed their own spring overseas purely for a cost versus supply issue, they'd of had to produce a huge quantity for a one of spring & would rather do that than go back & forth to FoMoCo constantly.The Xr8 valve springs work, Goldie noticed more boost when he fitted them to his beast & he wasn't having Valve flutter at all.Not intending to put anyone down or offend, but these stats are factual.Scotty
edo Member 44 Member For: 22y 8m 23d Posted 01/09/04 12:17 AM Posted 01/09/04 12:17 AM Youre both right.It was a PITA getting a supply of springs from Ford & the springs we have made allow for higher lift camshafts & more boost that the OEM ones.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now