pedro Member 73 Member For: 23y 3m 25d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 04/08/04 06:46 AM Posted 04/08/04 06:46 AM Finally got it working on my main PC.. works like a charm now.. no lag at all..I tried the multiplayer mode.. (thank god there is a no cd crack already) and it is ok.. unless you want more than 4 people to play..that is the max for DOOM 3 multiplayer... Gone are the good ole quake 3 style fragfest. oh well.. Pedro
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 04/08/04 08:01 AM Posted 04/08/04 08:01 AM Couldn't help myself.... 3.5 hours later and I finally pry myself away. Damn it's soooooo involving! God dammit! Where's that BFG!!!!
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 04/08/04 08:08 AM Posted 04/08/04 08:08 AM To the person with the pics is that with all the graphics boosted to max? Also has anyone used the multiplayer part yet, my new comp should be ready soon, might be fun getting online start a server called XR6Turbo. can never find aussies to play online always get kicked off US severs cause my ping is too high and I got cable. that would be me...the settings range from low (64), medium (128), high (256) and ultra (512 which don't exist yet???).I only have a 128MB card, those pics are on medium...imagine what high and ultra would be like.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 04/08/04 01:30 PM Author Posted 04/08/04 01:30 PM To the person with the pics is that with all the graphics boosted to max? Also has anyone used the multiplayer part yet, my new comp should be ready soon, might be fun getting online start a server called XR6Turbo. can never find aussies to play online always get kicked off US severs cause my ping is too high and I got cable.that would be me...the settings range from low (64), medium (128), high (256) and ultra (512 which don't exist yet???).I only have a 128MB card, those pics are on medium...imagine what high and ultra would be like. I have a 128mb card to and mines set to medium, and it doesnt look that good. What card do you have? Mines a gforce4 ti 4200.Lord Cyric - I have been playing for about 5 hours+ and havnt got the plasma gun yet, I am upto alpha labs level 4, anyone past this yet. (playing on hard also)I wonder if all the oldschool doom cheats work. IDKFA is the only one I remember, but I cant remember what it does, its either all weapons and keys or god mode.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 04/08/04 01:52 PM Posted 04/08/04 01:52 PM IDKFA and IDDQD are the only ones I can remember. KFA was God Mode and EVERYTHING and DQD was all levels.Who can remember the 'Wolf3D' Levels on Doom II? IDDQD29 or similar, damn they were cool.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 04/08/04 02:33 PM Author Posted 04/08/04 02:33 PM there was also one in wolf3d were you could blast the sh*t out of commander keen. Or maybe that was doom2 also. I cant remember it was so long ago. But yeah I do remember the woof3d level.
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 04/08/04 09:12 PM Posted 04/08/04 09:12 PM (edited) Finally got it working on my main PC.. works like a charm now.. no lag at all..I tried the multiplayer mode.. (thank god there is a no cd crack already) and it is ok.. unless you want more than 4 people to play..that is the max for DOOM 3 multiplayer... Gone are the good ole quake 3 style fragfest. oh well.. PedroAt the beginning of Doom 3's development they weren't even going to include multiplayer. The game was supposed to be a one player only experience. That said the Multi player is not that bad. The good thing about it is that you can shoot out lights an hide and wait for the opponent. The multiplayer levels are designed for 4 players and it can get hectic. That being said, Quake 4 is apparently coming out pretty soon. That'll make multiplayer fanatics happy.In terms of detail in the game, my system has High as the default (GeForce FX 5950 Card with 256MB). That game does look absolutly brillient. Don't even want to try ultra high detail, because even with my card it may get sluggish or it'll just be more scary.. For those with Medium being the normal setting, should look for some tweaks on some other forums, because there are people out there who have systems that can only handle medium, but with the tweaks they can set it to high detail with no loss in speed. These include extracting the pak files (using winrar), and changing some defaults in one of the config files.. Some sites: (links taken from http://www.actgn.com)http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topi...733&tid=1438663http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4547.html (For radeon users)http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...&topic=15503352 Just a tip: Do a Timedemo from the console (ctr+alt+~) opens the console then type timedemo demo1.demo and it'll give you the speed of your system. With my settings, 1024x768 High detail with an Athlon XP 3000+ GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB card (over clocked a bit) I get 40.7 fps for the timedemo. My lowend system, Athlon 1.33Ghz with GeForce 4 Ti4400 128MB card get's 20.4fps in the timedemo at 1024x768 Medium detail. I am unsure if the game actually uses full everything for the timedemo or if it depends on your current settings. Most likely the latter.In terms of the chaingun. Just a tip: When you first get it, turn around.....or else could be the result.EDIT: Added links Edited 04/08/04 09:48 PM by KrasH
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 8d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 04/08/04 10:50 PM Posted 04/08/04 10:50 PM So multiplayer is no good?
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 04/08/04 11:13 PM Posted 04/08/04 11:13 PM I wonder if all the oldschool doom cheats work. IDKFA is the only one I remember, but I cant remember what it does, its either all weapons and keys or god mode. Nope. It's just like most of the modern FPS games, it has a console. Just hit "CTRL + ALT + ~" to bring down the console (remember that CTRL is your fire key by default, so you may end up wasting some ammo in the process!).I won't spoil folks with the different cheat codes you can use, but they are well documented on many gaming sites. is your friend!For a lark, I started the game from the beginning and gave myself the BFG. Such a massive weapon, that poor old techie on the launch pad didn't stand a chance....
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 05/08/04 01:34 AM Author Posted 05/08/04 01:34 AM I wonder if all the oldschool doom cheats work. IDKFA is the only one I remember, but I cant remember what it does, its either all weapons and keys or god mode.Nope. It's just like most of the modern FPS games, it has a console. Just hit "CTRL + ALT + ~" to bring down the console (remember that CTRL is your fire key by default, so you may end up wasting some ammo in the process!).I won't spoil folks with the different cheat codes you can use, but they are well documented on many gaming sites. is your friend!For a lark, I started the game from the beginning and gave myself the BFG. Such a massive weapon, that poor old techie on the launch pad didn't stand a chance.... there is an 8 player multiplayer mod being developed now.Those damn spiders are annoying the sh*t out of me.Krash - a mate of mine ran it on ultrahigh detail at the start of the game before all the demons come, just to see what it looked like, it ran ok since there isnt much happening the screenshots he showed me were awesome.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now