mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 19d Posted 08/08/04 01:21 PM Posted 08/08/04 01:21 PM Doom 3 is pretty good. Have only played about 40 mins so far, but can tell you this:1) To turn up the graphics options, you need a FAST pc and vid card! My specs:P4 3.5GHz1 Gig HyperX RAM PC4000ATI Radeon 9800Pro/128And it can stress my PC out without too much problem! In fact when you turn grpahics up to max, it warns you that it needs 500MB just to do textures! (And that's VIDEO card memory...unless you want it to slow down as it overflows to normal RAM).I must say though, I agree with others here: Far Cry seriously, seriously impresses everyone who sees it. Its just beautiful. Its the only game where the grpahics have been so stunning that several times I have stopped playing to admire the stunning view...and been nailed as I stood there with my mouth gaping.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 12d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 31/08/04 03:54 AM Posted 31/08/04 03:54 AM One thing about doom, ive played it for a week now, im not that far into it yet, im a little bit past where all the spiders attack you can't remember alpha labs 4 or something. Does the game change much cause so far all the stages look the same..
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 31/08/04 03:59 AM Posted 31/08/04 03:59 AM I have "obtained" this game and it's license recently. 3 discs.I'm prepared to create working copies (for evaluation purposes obviously) for anyone who wants them. I'm not prepared to mail them out, but will bring however many are needed on the next cruise(s) if required.Let me know.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Location: Toowoomba Posted 31/08/04 03:59 AM Author Posted 31/08/04 03:59 AM One thing about doom, ive played it for a week now, im not that far into it yet, im a little bit past where all the spiders attack you can't remember alpha labs 4 or something. Does the game change much cause so far all the stages look the same.. Yes, it changes, the levels seem transform the more you go through it and eventually end up somewhere completley different, your not to far away from it now.Dazza.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 12d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 31/08/04 04:07 AM Posted 31/08/04 04:07 AM and is it always so dark
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Location: Toowoomba Posted 31/08/04 04:10 AM Author Posted 31/08/04 04:10 AM and is it always so dark I suggest getting one of the mods that mounts the flashlight to the shotgun and machine gun, it makes it feel more realistic and in some ways scarier as you scan the light along a wall and scan over a monster you otherwise wouldnt have seen untill it attacked you, it definatley doesnt make the game easier, just easier to see.Dazza.
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 31/08/04 09:25 AM Posted 31/08/04 09:25 AM Those flashlight mod's suck. When playing multiplayer, if the other person doesn't have the mod the game won't work.. The best technique is to map the flashlight to the right mouse button. I've found it extremely usable this way. Allows be to use my beloved Chaingun, Rocket launcher and the recently acquired BFG 9000;)I've almost finished the game.. I'm a few levels past hell and I am in the caverns.In regards to the "same" look of the game at the beginning, the further you go the more things change. I especially gasped in awe when I finally took the monorail. Amazing scenary. Oh and that massive guardian/devil in hell is fricken awesome. Let's just say that the more blood you see, the closer to hell you are Oh and I can't believe the detail. When you first start the game, in the canteen you can play the turkey punching game. Now just past hell, I pick up a PDA and read the email. It then refers to the "cool new turkey punching game.. check it out". Bloody hillerious. Oh and the message about the incorrectly sent supply of chainsaws.. hahaGreat game, wish I had more timne to play it. But I recon I'll be finished in a few hours of play.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/08/04 10:22 AM Posted 31/08/04 10:22 AM I have "obtained" this game and it's license recently. 3 discs.I'm prepared to create working copies (for evaluation purposes obviously) for anyone who wants them. I'm not prepared to mail them out, but will bring however many are needed on the next cruise(s) if required.Let me know. Ken, I am a bit far away but would like a copy!! What can we organise???
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 31/08/04 11:04 AM Posted 31/08/04 11:04 AM Do you really think you should be advertising the fact of making copies on a public forum? :banghead: Refer to : Forum Rules No. 5.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Location: Toowoomba Posted 31/08/04 01:43 PM Author Posted 31/08/04 01:43 PM Those flashlight mod's suck. When playing multiplayer, if the other person doesn't have the mod the game won't work.. The best technique is to map the flashlight to the right mouse button. I've found it extremely usable this way. Allows be to use my beloved Chaingun, Rocket launcher and the recently acquired BFG 9000;)I've almost finished the game.. I'm a few levels past hell and I am in the caverns.In regards to the "same" look of the game at the beginning, the further you go the more things change. I especially gasped in awe when I finally took the monorail. Amazing scenary. Oh and that massive guardian/devil in hell is fricken awesome. Let's just say that the more blood you see, the closer to hell you are Oh and I can't believe the detail. When you first start the game, in the canteen you can play the turkey punching game. Now just past hell, I pick up a PDA and read the email. It then refers to the "cool new turkey punching game.. check it out". Bloody hillerious. Oh and the message about the incorrectly sent supply of chainsaws.. hahaGreat game, wish I had more timne to play it. But I recon I'll be finished in a few hours of play. A few Spoilers in that post krash.I dont play it multiplayer so the game crashing with the flashlight mod doesnt bother me, I think it makes the game much better to play.Dazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now