Cold Air Induction

Guest BennyXRT

Guest BennyXRT
  • Guests

My XR6t is pretty stock but I would like to get some more cold air into it.

I have seen the SS Inductions and the APS kits and noticed they are both very different.

What do u think works best? :spoton:

Ben

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 2d

I personally think either the APS or Nizpro stage 3 air boxes would be the best. They move the air intake to the left side of the bay and feed directly into the turbo.

BCL can perhaps post and image or two of his setup.

Note to do this you'd need to make a few changes to the whole intake system.

Guest Modi
  • Guests

G'day Ben,

If you do some searching on the forums you will find a lot of guys have done their own. I sure aint a mechanic but it was pretty easy for me to buy an xr8 intake (sits under headlight), attach a 100mm rubber pvc pipe connector to the intake then cut a hole in the front of the airbox and plumb it straight in. I got the idea from guys who have posted it a while ago in this forum. It works a treat and costs about 65 bucks all up. After doing the intake just wack in a free flowing air filter and your done.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 15d

Benny,

I did the XR8 second inlet mod for my car and it is great. I also have a BMC panel filter and for the cost ($220) all up it was a great mod. While the Nizpro or APS have their CAI's, they do not normally sell them seperatly.

If are not planning on going down that path with mods have a look at 56Mainline's detailed instructions on how to do the XR8 Snorkel mod found HERE

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 17d

Hey Benny. My Intake is what I have done and I've done the same or similar with JB, BlownBA and Tockley. See what you think.

Geea. :spoton:

• Greg Brindley
  • Member For: 20y 8m 7d
Benny,

I did the XR8 second inlet mod for my car and it is great. I also have a BMC panel filter and for the cost ($220) all up it was a great mod. While the Nizpro or APS have their CAI's, they do not normally sell them seperatly.

If are not planning on going down that path with mods have a look at 56Mainline's detailed instructions on how to do the XR8 Snorkel mod found HERE

Zap, just for the record, Nizpro sells every part of their Stage 1 and 2 kits on an individual basis for anyone wanting such things as - for example - the intercooler, plenum, battery and mount, cold ait intakes and so it goes.

Greg Brindley.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3d

So Greg,

What components and costs would be associated with installing the CAI setup that nizpro use?

• Greg Brindley
  • Member For: 20y 8m 7d
So Greg,

What components and costs would be associated with installing the CAI setup that nizpro use?

Now that's an interesting question. It all comes down to what if any other modifications have been done to the car.

I say this because of the design of the Nizpro system whereby it is placed on the driver's side, not the passenger side.

It would be a case of having a look at out package. I've modified an image and attached it here that will assist in deciding whether the Nizpro cold air intake would be applicable.

post-34-1088821468.jpg

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d

Ive fitted a complete XR8 filter and airbox assembly to my car, and I love it. Not just the intake snorkel, I used everything that the XR8/GT uses. Highly recommed it.

I recommend the NIZPRO setup too! Looks tops, and if BCL's car is anything to go by, makes a HUGE difference too! :lol: