Jump to content

dissapointed with test drive


Recommended Posts

Guest bigtrev
  • Guests
Posted

I test drove a auto turbo this morning . :lol:

Do these have a bit more power when their broken in or what? :smilielol:

I was sort of dissapointed and expected more acceleration than what it had.

please tell me it gets faster?

Regards

Trev

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posted

Don't forget they're a BIG comfortable car. They feel alot slower then they are going.

But yeah alot of people have notice a big difference in power past 10,000klms.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 1d
Posted

Bigtrev

Yes they do get a bit faster. What were you expecting? What sort of car are you comparing it to?

I traded my T on a 220kw XR8. On a particular test hill where I come around a sharp corner and floor it the XR8 was good for 90kmh on the straight bit before braking for another sharp corner .

When the T was new it could manage 100kmh. Now that it has about 10,000km on it it is good for about 110kmh. But the thing is, even at 110kmh it doesn't feel (or sound) as fast as the XR8 did at 90kmh. It is just so smooth that you don't realise just how fast you are going.

That's why I ask what car are you comparing it too?

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

I smell a rat, odd 2nd post, was it a turbo Trev?

Scotty

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
I smell a rat, odd 2nd post, was it a turbo Trev?

Scotty

I think you could be on to something Scotty, :smilielol: better call the pest control company. :lol:

Geea. :smilielol:

Guest bigtrev
  • Guests
Posted

yep it was a turbo, don't get me wrong it was fast but I have owned faster.

so if I buy the thing I would definitley be lookin at the aps kit or something like it ?

I have a feeling it would be more to my liking then.

the car I'm comparing it to was my old 351 xw , I went into the dealership expecting it to haul like that thing used to.

but then again I bet its chews less juice then the old beast too..lol

lucky I didn't test a gen111 Expensive Daewoo then I really would of been disapointed hey guys?

Regards

Trev

  • 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posted
yep it was a turbo, don't get me wrong it was fast but I have owned faster.

so if I buy the thing I would definitley be lookin at the aps kit or something like it ?

I have a feeling it would be more to my liking then.

the car I'm comparing it to was my old 351 xw , I went into the dealership expecting it to haul like that thing used to.

but then again I bet its chews less juice then the old beast too..lol

lucky I didn't test a gen111 Expensive Daewoo then I really would of been disapointed hey guys?

Regards

Trev

My mates GenIII 225kw SS ute feels damn quick. Mostly because it's an inferior car. Unstable, rough, noisy all that. On the quarter we're side by side. On the twisty bits, I'm infront.

They are an extremely fast car, just extremely smooth in the way they deliver their power.

I have gotten a little bored with the power of my car though, so I think an APS phase II is definately on the agenda at some point. And maybe for you too...

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
the car I'm comparing it to was my old 351 xw.

but then again I bet its chews less juice then the old beast

I'd say it uses about as much fuel for it weighs about 400 kilo's more. No stock XW would be door to door with a turbo

Scotty

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

bigtrev

the feel-acceleration-by-the-seat-of-your-pants method isnt that scientific. I think youve been fooled by the smooth power delivery. :lol:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
yep it was a turbo, don't get me wrong it was fast but I have owned faster.

so if I buy the thing I would definitley be lookin at the aps kit or something like it ?

I have a feeling it would be more to my liking then.

the car I'm comparing it to was my old 351 xw

Mate a kitted T would eat a xw 351 unless it was seriously worked and blown

Suggest you try another T to test drive :crybaby:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...