XR6ISM

• FPV521
  • Member For: 19y 7m 19d

They are for dark ages Jap turbos running on older tech.

Funny coming from someone still running a uni-jip :k24t::spoton:

:stirthepot: dont you get tired of the same old :pooh: !!!

Bloody GT drivers, buy a real performance caar :laughing::huh:

:)

Here we go again, My Turbos better than a GT Bla bla bla, Ive had both and would have a GT anyday or maybe an F6 one day.

The XR6 Turbo is not the only so called perfomance car around, take your eye patch off maybe :laughing:

Edited by Gavin Conroy

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 20y 10m 13d

They are for dark ages Jap turbos running on older tech.

Funny coming from someone still running a uni-jip :tease::laughing:

:spoton: dont you get tired of the same old :pooh: !!!

Bloody GT drivers, buy a real performance caar :spoton::tease:

:)

Here we go again, My Turbos better than a GT Bla bla bla, Ive had both and would have a GT anyday or maybe an F6 one day.

The XR6 Turbo is not the only so called perfomance car around, take your eye patch off maybe :blush:

F6 or XR6.....isnt it really the same thing - only kitted up :) ?? LOL bloody GT drivers :)

Relax mate, im just taking the piss out of Jeff !!

Brian, you are right, it is illegal to leave the car unlocked or running when you leave the car. Mine is set to 30seconds so by the time I get my things, lock up and start walking away, it turns off.....its never really left alone to ide for minutes after minutes.

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 1d

just a question, why did you install one on the car I was always under the impression that the cars didn't need one?

I not trying to start any agurement was just looking for an answer, I always thought that cause the imoboliser was on the key it makes it hard to install one of these things?

cheers

aidan

BTW sasha I reckon it looks good where it is

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 2m 3d

Seriously cant believe people believe this sypher rubish they are told. IMO its a total crock, I cant see how a turbo running at such a high temp can cool down when hot water from your engine so still like 100+C when it heat soaks is flowed through it. The problem I believe is that there is oil flowing through the bearings then you stop it, and that red hot oil stops where it is in the turbo and this oil bakes all over the bearings and insides hot water wont make it cool after you just switch it off.

Dunno if many people have had turbo cars judging by some comments made on previous posts bout turbo timers here and ripping people off for having one or asking about them but turbos need to cool down once they have been driven, its a trade off like using better fuel an oil for them. Even just a putter up the street to the shops will make your turbo hot. The falcon seems to warm up very quick so for 100 bucks and more piece of mind that your doin good for your turbo, its not like it has to sit there for 10mins, 30-60 secs is plenty even once you have driven it hard.

On a side note You ll find also leaving a turbo timer run for a long time is as bad as just turning it straight off as more oil is pumping through again in most cases.

A turbo timer eliminates the need to stay in the car if your late for work and parked in the carpark saves you the hassel of sittin in your car waiting.

People that believe these are just for old cars are kidding themselves if people actually did research themselves and not just repeat what one person says on here over an over. For example Subarus have warnings on the door to let you know to let your car cool for up to a minute after heavy driving conditions just about all jap turbo cars new an old have warnings about turning off cars straight awa. Youll find that if you asked a decent ford service guy theyd tell you to let it idle for a bit after driving.

that's my 2c just as senna did with his topic bout overboosting not being a real problem with intake mods on a stock tune. Think what you think but turbo timers are useful and have a place whether people wanna sit in there car an wait or be able to just lock it an leave it. Turbo timers are earthed to the handbrake to so if someone gets into your car an lets the hand brake off the car shuts off once again then it cant be driven

PS TOM1111 not sure what your hearing the only noise I hear when I shut if off is the gentle sound of the turbo spooling down and also coolant moving through as it shuts off. Underneath the bonnet when u turn it off the car is ridiculously hot

dont mean to offend but I got sick of searching for things on here an people just ripoing people down on certain things when they themselves dont really understand it to start with.

Flame suit on

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d
Nowhere near any of those capital cities, out in the desert mate. The top of the steering column is looking good... Cmon blokes wheres all the bloody photos? Surely someone has to have a timer in their car?

Oh and seventytwo, you say timers belong in the bin not in XR's. Why's that buddy? Maybe I made the mistake of thinking you werent a qualified mechanic.. Or perhaps my tech teacher failed to mention this to me when I was there. Ohh the "thermosyphon" lol, they must have forgot to mention that also.. But im not looking for anther debate on wether a baker makes dough, I just asked for some pics of others installs.

:stirthepot: Fit one, dont fit one its up to you, just remember that leaving a running car unattended is against the law and you can be charged for it.