Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted (edited)

This should be interesting.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

A little test to see where you views place you on the political spectrum. Apparently I am a Libertarian Lefty, but only just (see attached compass graph). Makes me buddies with the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela!

edit: sorry, pic didn't work first time

Edited by aniken
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Hmm

that questionnaire said I was just below dead center of the thingy.

HOWEVER I totally reject that questionnaire as being scientifically useful. So many of the questions were poorly worded or loaded or didnt really ask what they were truly asking.

I believe in these things:

Our income tax is inefficient, outdated, unfair, absurdly complicated and in HUGE need of reform.

Our birthrate is a bit too low.

Social security is too generous...too many people on welfare are losing the ability and incentive to LEARN how to EARN. Giving someone anything for nothing regularly does them more harm than good.

that's all I can think of for now :)

Oh, one more thing, Ill probably vote Liberal again this yr but wouldnt object if Latham won. And Ill vote Liberal despite John Howard helping make Australia less secure.

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

PLOOOOOOOOOOOONKY!

PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKY! Where are's Ya?

This be fun :)

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
PLOOOOOOOOOOOONKY!

PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKY! Where are's Ya?

This be fun :)

Lumper, on to this one quick weren't you. Now , obviously I'm missin somethin. but just how exactly is Plonky goin to Help You?

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

I am almost directly over the top of Ghandi :) A left wing libertarian apparently, leaning a bit towards anarchy.Don't think many people will be surprised by this.

This test is definately loaded though, it is a good way to waste a few minutes.

I'm sure no doubt that there should be a little political debate over this thread, with luck, and Plonky and I are normally at the left/right spearhead.

My Opinion, briefley is: Public Non Religious Education and Medical Services (Medicare etc) should be funded via Public Money, with no inneffciences at all. Public Infrastructure should be increased, with Improved road networks and Rail for freight.CSIRO and other R&D services etc.

ALL resources are to be own by the commonwealth.

NO funding of Corporations or large multinationals through Tax breaks etc.

Welfare should be maintained but restricted.IE:A friend of mine, father is multimillionaire property developer who supports him totally receives $430 in Austudy a fortnight, while my closest personal friend moved to Cairns and received absolutely NOTHING, even though she was studying AND looking for a job.They deemed her to be living AT HOME, though the closest relatives are the Gold Coast!

Waiting for some more well warranted opinions :)

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted
PLOOOOOOOOOOOONKY!

PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKY! Where are's Ya?

This be fun :)

Funny.......my thoughts exactly!!!...... :unsure: :lol:

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

But, yes very loaded, a bit of fun though. :lol:

Strange but......I was just above Ghandi too............spooky!!!...

DO.do.do.doooo, repeat..........."you are now entering the.....TWILIGHT ZONE! :unsure:

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted

Its a series of questions on political views: of course its going to be loaded :unsure:. Not much point having balanced statements, especially if your goal is to divide people into one of 4 squares. Same reason why you can't answer neither agree or disagree.

Still, I think it gives a good general indication of where you stand. I know some of my friends (including active Greenpeace volunteers) will not be surprised that I come out near the middle of the left/right spectrum. Would explain why they get the sh*ts with me for not taking a strong stand on some issues. :spoton:

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 6d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
Our income tax is inefficient, outdated, unfair, absurdly complicated and in HUGE need of reform.

Our birthrate is a bit too low.

Social security is too generous...too many people on welfare are losing the ability and incentive to LEARN how to EARN. Giving someone anything for nothing regularly does them more harm than good.

Maaaate, luv your avatar :unsure::unsure:

Yep, our tax rates are bloody ridiculous, l cant beleive how much l end up paying in tax each year. Part of the problem is we have a massive but sparsley populated country. Someone living in Gunnadoo expects the same levels of government services as a city slicker so the per capita cost is much higher than say in the US where they have 14 times our population in a country around 25% larger than OZ.

Our birthrate is too low, l did my bit there :spoton:

Social security may be on the generous side but l would never want to see it mostly dropped like in the US. We need a safety net to keep people away from crime, if you cant get a job and dont have any income there arent many options available to you, idle hands do the devils work and all that.

Lumpy > Good topic, lets hope we can keep it OT and unlocked :lol:

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

Ohhhh Mondie :unsure: where the fun in letting everybody else play?I'll tell you what, come the revolution any Card Carrier, fordxr6turbo.com that is ;) will be exempt from the gulag :lol:

<Biting tounge for now>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...