*Just ordered my XR6 Turbo!*

YOOT

Guest SS75
  • Guests

Well, my car finally left Melbourne yesterday, should be in BNE by Thursday so I can pick it up Saturday! :nono:

Which means it took just over 7 weeks from date of order.

:spoton: I wish it was Saturday!

Don't want to get to excited...... a wise man once said "don't count your chickens before they hatch"

You think the wait is hard after you order it.........wait until they ring you with a day you can pick it up :w00t2:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 10m 10d

4 days to transport the thing. Sweet. That means if it takes two weeks to build ehte car + 4 days to transport the thing and 48 hours to pre-deliver it + the number of days from signing the paper work and getting the SIDO....

... my car should be ready on 2+ 7 + 2 + 4 + 14 = 29days after I signed the paperwork.

That makes it Friday next week. My official delivery date is June 10, that's a full 7 days early as he said might happen. Can you tell that I am thinking about it too much!!!

• Member For: 20y 10m 21d

Hi guys,

WELL......I wanted an XR6T with Prem sound, leather, possibly that new luxury pack etc etc......but wasnt too happy having to wait up to 12 weeks for it.

SOOO.......I settled for a demo with 7000km on the clock with prem sound and side airbags. Could have got custom leather for $2500 but decided I quite like the Plexis Blue interior to match the Blueprint - looks great and the wife loves it.

Best bit - $40k on road and I should be in it next week.

Bugger waiting 12 weeks and paying another $10k.

Down the track - planning on Blau DVD & SatNav, Sunroof. If the fabric wears out I'll look at leather then...

Accessories - Towpack, Momo SSS Shifter (Blue), XR Mats, Scuff Plate Inserts, Slimline Weathershields, Mudspats, Foglight Covers (Territory), Fairmont GHIA Bootlid Carpet, Pollen Filter and I think that was it....

Looking forward to being a fellow Turbo owner shortly and getting out on the road, bring on the next cruise!

Cheers,

Michael...

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 27d

that's a wise move IMO.

$10k is a hell of a lot of money and you dont have to wait.

You havent said if its an auto or manual but one big reason l would recommend buying a demo is so that you can go for a good long drive before buying to verify the car doesnt suffer driveline shunt.

Guest SS75
  • Guests
that's a wise move IMO.

$10k is a hell of a lot of money and you dont have to wait.

But breakin em in is half the fun! :blush:

$10K for a VIRGIN is cheap! :blush:

• god bless my kids
  • Member For: 20y 4d

ordered mine 2 weeks ago and not getting built till june :blush: I dont wanna wait that long

long live hgag

Edited by 350ls1

• Member For: 20y 10m 10d

I coul dhave bought a pruple manual for a tick over $40K and had it that week. It was the car I test drove. Something at the time said, get the sedan. It had 20K on it. But for some reason I just wanted a brand spanker, and a ute!

Guest SS75
  • Guests

FFS, If any of you guys live in BNE and are thinking about ordering a car from Byrne Ford @ Chermside............DON'T.

They are so :spoton: useless!

They just rang and said my car won't be here till next week now, I ask why and all they can say it its on a Toll North truck somewhere between FPV (actually said Tickford first) and Brisbane. :spoton: If I had cars woth 50K each I would know exactly where they are. This was the sales manager 2, not some dumb :kissmy: jnr sales assistant.

I am SO :gooff:

They couldnt tell me when it was being built, they couldn't, still can't give me the SIDO#, VIN # etc. I am suprised they can even remember they :censored: sell FORDS and not Holdens.

I should have known when they needed me to print out the lux pack details and take it into them so they could order the XXXXXXX thing.