*Just ordered my XR6 Turbo!*

YOOT

• Member For: 20y 9m 10d

I have been a long standing member of FordForums.com and have been a member here for some time but have never posted. Now that I am going to be a Turbo holder I think it is only fair that I post now.

so... I Signed the paperwork yesterday for a Silhouette XR6 Turbo Ute, manual. I got it all on the road for $39K but its a special order, so who knows how long I have to wait.

Can't bloody wait for it, I have to drive my work ute around for up to 12 weeks I hear? That will make the boss happy!

Edited by rednut99

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its taking me weeks to decide on a colour, the only one I really wanted was Blue Pearl but you can't get that on XR's anymore, so it was silhouette! I'll have to get used to washing the thing though.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

Welcome rednut99.

When you say your car is a specil order, does it have options not usually available or is it extra to normal production? l agree with you about Blue Pearl, its a nice colour. Ford have or are in the process of dropping a lot of their best colours and are replacing them with lame alternatives.

Cheers

By special, I am just referring to the fact that there are currently no cars with the options I have specified in stock so they have to start a new build. Does anyone in the know have any information as to the likely hood of my waiting time?

well, in certain lights there is an obvious blue spec in the silhouette, maybe that will satisfy your needs???

Yeah? I havn't noticed that before. Sounds good.

What colour interiror did you opt for? I stayed safe and went with the Plexis Blue, I was going to go the Red but was worried about it looking a bit 'boy-racer'.

• Former XT pilot
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

Welcome man! Good choice, the wait time will be worth it if you get the options you want. It shouldn't be too long, and I think utes don't take as long usually. Anyhow, good luck!

BTW- has falchoon had a name change??? :lol:

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 12d
so... I Signed the paperwork yesterday for a Silhouette XR6 Turbo Ute, manual. I got it all on the road for $39K but its a special order, so who knows how long I have to wait.

Good work reddy,

now I can't wait to catch up with you, whoops I mean for you to catch up with me :lol: . Great colour too :w00t2:

Scotty CCC