Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 22d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

What about putting one of those "boomerang" type things on the boot like you see on a lot of stretch limos?

I did a :spoton: on the subject and found a few links that may be useful (nothing to do with the "boomerang antennas though, but I have seen a webpage for these but can't remember how to find it again :msm: )

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_992/article.html

http://www.allcam.biz/products/car_tv_aerial.html

http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_in-car_tv_aerial.html

http://shop.ryda.com.au/main_itemdetail_pl...tAbsolutePage=1

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16519

http://www.mobileentertainment.com.au/mes/...?e=acc&p=madtva

  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Just looking for some good aerials and stumbled across these.

I don't mind having an external aerial as long as I can put it on my boot lip along with my UHF CB Antenna.

http://www.hitopcomm.com/products/antenna.html

http://www.gme.net.au/marine/antennas/ae2000.php (I think this one might give the best reception)

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 6d
  • Location: MENAI, NSW
Posted
A little birdy told me, well 4runner aint that little. That Teac still has some of these in stock at their factory.

So go soemwhere wher you know someone adn ask them to order one in for you direct from teac :)

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I emailed teac and spoke to a guy on the phone in Sydney and he confirmed that there are no dvb400's in the factory. Maybe 4runner knows a bit more than this guy. Help 4runner.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 6d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

Took me about 500km worth of driving to track down a STB that actually worked.

The first one I found here in Geelong, but the IR receiver on the STB didn't work.

2nd one was at a JB hifi which they were going to put aside for me and I had to ask for a certain bloke coz the guy who put it aside wasnt going to be in. I got there, he knew nothing about it. Got to the westgate bridge when I get a phonecall telling me they found it. I get back there and the unit was all scratched up, and it was a return from TEAC they said. It was repaired but they still wanted to charge me full price for it. That unit also didn't work, it wouldnt get any channels. He was pissed at me because I wanted to see it working first. He wasn't as pissed as me when I left because I told them to make sure it worked.

3rd was at another jb hifi. They had 2 units there but both were ex demo, but the sales guy managed to stumble accross a brand new one. He was pissed at me also because I wanted to see it work, but lucky I asked, as there was no power pack in it. I got my STB.

Now that STB sits in the wardrobe all packed up as I had it mounted under the seat and needed the spot for my EQ. I was going to reinstall it but atm the antenna issue is still stopping me from doing it.

  • Upstanding Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 5d
  • Location: Canberra - ACT
Posted

The Blau box is NOT a standards convertor. It takes NTSC in and puts out NTSC. So if you go Blau then you must have all NTSC bits.

A.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

So for all of us that are considering this mod what can we use now, seeing the

DV-B400 is no longer available. Would the DV-B420 be able to be used ok or do we need to use the eMtech? Also I'm assuming the scart cable wiring diagram that cutsnake made fits both of these units. Sorry if these questions have already been answered but just wanna make sure.

Thanks.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 6d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

To use one of the Teac boxes you will have to wait for Teac to release a firmware for it to output ntsc until they make a box soon where you can select the output.

AFAIK they only created the NTSC firmware for the dvb400 as the head tech's dad has a BA

  • Upstanding Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 5d
  • Location: Canberra - ACT
Posted

Some of the boxes out there use chipsets that are able to be hacked ot output NTSC, it change a config pin... while others need a firmware or software flag change. Luck of draw really.

A.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...