Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 17d
Posted (edited)

Cutsnake - Great work here.

Is there anything that can be done about the reception whilst moving? My wife's ML Benz has TV - but is pretty ordinary on the move - lots of intereference.

Would love to do your "kit" on my Phoon. You obviously know your way around this sparky stuff - Would you consider selling a complete, ready to install kit?

CountryPhoon

Edited by CountryPhoon
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 30d
Posted
Cutsnake -  Great work here.

Is there anything that can be done about the reception whilst moving?  My wife's ML Benz has TV - but is pretty ordinary on the move - lots of intereference. 

Would love to do your "kit" on my Phoon.  You obviously know your way around this sparky stuff -  Would you consider selling a complete, ready to install kit?

CountryPhoon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, no time to put a kit together, but I can update the doc with the latest STB available (as mentioned in the earlier post).

I can do this when I get back from my travels (Perth this week, Coolum next week and Japan the week after.......I miss my T :spoton: )

Bye for now

CutSnake

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 20d
Posted
hey great idea, one thing I want to ask u is, if hte box is placed in the boot how can u change the channels do u have to point the control towards the box or the screen?

The trick is to tap into the ICC infrared receiver (it is located on the upper part of the ICC screen surround). This will then need to be fed straight into the Dig TV box and viola! no need to point at the boot!! :lol:

This should not be to difficult. I will let you know how I go.

Cutsnake

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the Infra red port usually used for on the ICC ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The IR on the ICC is there for the remote on the SatNav option on higher spec fords..

btw.. There is a 12volt STB that supports NTSC RGB straight out of the box. I have seen it for sale for around $150 at Myer Megamart. The brand is Nordmende.

I have a mate who has put one of these in his XR6 and it seems to work quite well...

Cutsnake

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For those in Perth that are interested in this mod the Normande unit is available in Myer megamart for $160.

Now for a sh*tload of reading to try and work out how to do the damn thing.

Anyone in WA done it as yet who would care to help out :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 20d
Posted

Well the projects underway so here's the first of hopefully not too many questions.

Whats the best way of getting power to the 12v STB?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 26d
  • Location: MENAI, NSW
Posted
Well the projects underway so here's the first of hopefully not too many questions.

Whats the best way of getting power to the 12v STB?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tap into the wire behind the power socket in the lower section of the centre console

Max

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted

Anyone in Melb willing to help a few guys to install this unit??

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Anyone in Melb willing to help a few guys to install this unit??

Top idea George.

Guest bnharves
  • Guests
Posted

Hi guys,

I have a playstation 2 sitting at home that I hardly use anymore, I also have a an av playstaion plug that allows it to plug into a scart socket(I think you can also get RGB plugs). You can force the playstation to output NTSC through a small wire modification on the board. In the settings of the playstation you can select RGB output. Does anyone know if this is possible to connect to the ICC? Maybe its already been covered but I couldn't find it.

Would love to have a game console and dvd player under the front seat for those long trips!.

Harves

  • Upstanding Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 25d
  • Location: Canberra - ACT
Posted

Yeah that'll work. Get the RGB SCART output cable (EuroScart not J-SCART) and do the mod to NTSC, and voila you're in business.

A.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...