ute register

Cobra

• Member For: 9y 7m 16d

Grease and wax might help lift dirt and what not on the inside also.
11k is good. I paid 15k for mine + on road and freight to SA. Mine required similar body work and needs a few things replaced and 65000kms.

If you replace the trims let me know. Im chasing a drivers side card with the carbon spear and cloth with the triangle diamond shapes and suede on the grab handle/arm rest

• Member For: 15y 9m 11d

If you replace the trims let me know. Im chasing a drivers side card with the carbon spear and cloth with the triangle diamond shapes and suede on the grab handle/arm rest

I got a price on a new door card (ie trim) for someone's BF Typhoon recently... it was $816.4 retail and $612.30 wholesale... and they don't make them anymore anyway. Blimey.

I've also got a pair of door cards from a BA Super Pursuit so I'll use them if I have to, but my driver's side one looks like it can be repaired with some plastic welding. How is it that the door card on my 440,000km taxi is in perfect order but the card on a 94,000km FPV is broken?

Got two keys cut today and went to Pickles to at least get the thing outside the gate so that I could get it home tonight by either towing it or getting a trailer (ie steering lock).

Nup, Pickles won't let anything leave the premises unless it's on a trailer or a truck. Ummm... it's a repossession, not a damaged write-off! Nup, that's their company policy.

Rang Dept of Transport. The registration expired in April this year, so I wasn't able to just renew it and turn it into a licenced car. Ah well, worth a try.

I was doing everything possible to have access to it over the weekend, but I'm going to have to wait until Monday. I'll just get it towed the 4.5km to the same auto electrician that coded the keys on my XR6T ute a few weeks ago. The Tornado should be mobile by Monday afternoon. Might be able to get it in for a registration inspection on Tuesday and have it on the road Tuesday afternoon.

If that goes to plan then at least I have the option of taking the car to somewhere to have it cleaned and polished (ie carpet and paintwork). My Aprilia motard bike is making some dodgy engine noises (ie it's rebuild time) but my KTM is road licenced so I can just put that in the back, drop the ute off and ride the KTM home.

Meanwhile... Need. To. Get. At. That. Thing. With. Cleaning. Stuff. Dammit, lock me in the yard with it, some food and cleaning stuff for the weekend!

After consultation with Ralph Wiggum I bought 2 x 20L drums of Gulf Western Syn-X 3000 semi synthetic oil this afternoon. Doing an oil change on the XR6T ute, the Tornado and taxi will use up one drum straight away and the second one will be for future oil drums. The cost-per-litre worked out to half of what I've been paying for Penrite HPR Gas 10 for the taxi, so I'll probably be using Gulf Western from now on. It was funny at the place - they've got a VW Amarok and have broken two keys recently at $450 each. I got my laptop out and showed them where to get VW key casings from in China for $US2.90 each. (www.honrow.com)

I have spent waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time over the last two days staring at the 11 photos that I took of the car on Wednesday - would like some actual reality now. Rather miffed that I couldn't get it cleaned up over the weekend so that it's ready for registration as soon as the keys are coded.

Sigh.

Time to go stare at photos for another hour or two...

• Member For: 15y 9m 11d

In other news, and continuing on with post whoring...

Wandered out last night to take some photos of the current BA XR6 Turbo ute. Couldn't think of where to get lots of fluro lighting for the photos so went to a car wash.

I removed the BA GT 325mm x 32mm brakes that I had on the front and put the standard stuff back on. Still trying to comprehend just how crap the standard 298mm x 28mm front brakes are. Wow.

Paid $500 for the FG XR6 wheels with near-new tyres. Not bad. They do go well with the Lightening Strike (silver) colour of the ute. The ROH Flares are now cleaned up and ready to go on the FPV.

XR6_Turbo_Ute_01_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_02_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_03_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_04_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_05_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_06_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_07_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_08_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_09_21_11_2014.jpg

XR6_Turbo_Ute_10_21_11_2014.jpg

• Member For: 9y 8m 24d

Hey guys. This is my Mk1 bf manual. Got some Simmons Fr1 wheels. A tune, pump and injectors. 260rwkw. Put a Malwood option 3 clutch and short shifter in. Lowered the tray 60mm and put some led taillights in. Putting parts together for some more grunt.

post-79328-141723229813_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 10y 2m 30d

there are lots of bugs on that front bumper ,it may need a good clean lol. like the black paint . ps does the cruise control still work ? if not its the led lights that cause that .if so you will have to fit restricters to the wiring