Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '2010 xr6'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Vehicle Discussions
    • XR6 Turbo
    • FPV & Tickford
    • XR8 & GT
    • G6E Turbo
    • Falcon Utes (UTEopia)
    • Territory Turbo
    • Euro Turbo Fords (Focus & Mondeo XR5)
    • Ford Discussion
    • Ford 4.0L N/A
    • Engine Conversions & Swaps
  • Community Zone
    • General Automotive Talk
    • Off-Topic
    • Media & Projects
    • Track & Strip Racing
    • Photo Gallery
  • Tech Workshops
    • General Tech
    • Audio & Visual
    • Interior & Exterior Workshop
    • Exhaust Workshop
    • Electrics Workshop
    • Wheels and Tyres
    • Suspension and Handling
    • Brakes
    • Driveline Workshop
    • Forced Induction Workshop
    • Engine Management & Fuel Systems
    • Engine Workshop
    • High Power Builds (300+ Club)
  • Regional Events
    • General Discussion
    • East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
    • Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
    • Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
    • New Zealand
  • Buy & Sell
    • Classifieds & Group Buys
  • The Site
    • Site Announcements
    • Site Support & Feedback

Product Groups

  • Advertisements
  • DM Packages
  • Merchandise
    • Stickers
    • Key Rings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. I just posted this in the Technical Forum but perhaps it's better suited here, seeing as I don't own a turbo. I recently bought a 2010 5-speed Auto XR6. It always makes a "clunk" sound when changing from Park to Reverse or Reverse to Drive or Drive to Park and so on. The dealer told me this is normal. After doing some reading it seems common for the 5-speed Auto. However, is it damaging my transmission? Also, ocassionally when I drive I notice that when it changes gear it makes a clunking sound, and it sounds as though it's coming from under the bonnet. This only started to happen over the last 2 weeks. It has happend over a dozen times now. And it happens in both Performance Mode and Automatic Mode. Is this normal? And, more importantly,is this damaging my transmission? I'm getting worried that my gearbox (if it is actually the transmission) is going to die on me much sooner than it ought to. Is this likely? I'd appreciate any feedback on my questions. I spent $24,000 on this car; I expect everything to be in tip-top order. Thanks guys!
  2. Hi guys I'm new to these boards. First, I have to say that I don't own an XR6 Turbo; I own a 2010 FG 5-speed Automatic XR6. I'm having a problem and I hope you guys can help. Recently I've noticed my car making a "clunking" sound occasionally when it changes gears. This didn't happen the first 4 weeks I was driving it (I've owned the car for 2 months now). For instance, tonight I was driving on a highway in 4th gear (in Performance Mode) and there was a traffic light up ahead flashing amber. I had to slow down (obviously) and thus drop the gears. When I dropped from 3rd to 2nd the car made a nasty "clunk" which I heard coming from under the bonnet. This has happened about a dozen times over the past 2 weeks. It usually happens when I'm changing up a gear, though. This clunk happens in both Automatic Mode and Perfomance Mode. Is this clunk normal? What is the likely cause of it? And, most importantly, is this clunk damaging my transmission in any way? Further, I should also point out that my car always "clunks" when changing from Park to Reverse or Reverse to Drive or Park to Neutral and so on. My dealer says this is normal, and from reading other guys' posts it seems that this is a common issue with the 5-speed auto. But is it damaging my transmisson? That's what I care about mostly. Thanks guys :-)
×
×
  • Create New...