Jump to content

F6turbo

Member
  • Posts

    172
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by F6turbo

  1. Ive got a set of Ferodo DS performance pads up front. Dusty and they are pretty noisy but work rather well, Matt from Racebrakes recommended them as they are apparently better then the Bendix Ultimates in every way. Cost is around $200 for a front set.
  2. If you're running say 15psi you cant expect the stock 25mm bov to vent all that extra air. Your flutter will dissapear at low boost levels but will still be there when you are hitting 10+ psi or so. So if you want it totally gone, you just need a bigger plumb back bov than the stock one. Rapid can weld 38mm adapters on the cold side piping, that's wat I have.
  3. The brakes on the FG's are the same as the BF2's arent they? Why would they fail brake testing now and need the brembos?
  4. Phoon motor became standard in mid 06 so yer your one has the good bits. Being a july 07 model it should also have dual zone climate control and premium sound as standard.
  5. There ARE good ex-chasers out there, not all cops treat their cars like crap. However the large majority have been well used and abused, if you're going to buy one spend a bit of time really checking them out, it took me a few months to find mine. And dont buy from a dealer, all they do is buy them from the auctions and slap 5k on the price.
  6. This is nothing new. 220-230rwkw figures have been hit by many BF's with a supposed 245kw at the flywheel. For whatever reason (V8 sales?) Ford seem to have underinflated the turbo 6 power figures. It explains why V8's are easy prey for the XR6T/F6
  7. The BF mk2's started around Septemberish 06 all the way into 08 until the FG came in. Being an 08 it should be fairly clean so spotting something out of the ordinary shouldnt be too hard. Good luck.
  8. I got them through ebay mate, I just had a quick look and I cant see the seller I bought it from but there was somebody on there selling the pod with any 2 cobalt gauges you wanted and that's what it cost me for the two I wanted.
  9. saw you run the 11.3, quiet as, especially as I was just standing next to the saintys top fueler at start up earlier
  10. Buy it all as a package if you can so then you are sure it will all fit properly. I've got the autometer cobalt boost (6107) and oil temp (6148) with the twin pod for $340 delivered to my front door. Installing it is like you said, straight forward, just getting the little air tube upto the middle of the dash is a little tricky.
  11. I've got one, responds instantly with throttle application. Im happy with it.
  12. This might be a good time to upgrade if you're gonan be chasing more power down the track. If I was you I would take the turbo off and take it into a few shops to compare prices on fixing it, you wont know how badly its damaged until you inspect it off d car.
  13. Just because it has low k's doesent mean its been treated right, whatever you're getting just make sure you get it inspected. When I bought mine I paid $200 for a 4 hour inspection which included a thorough look over the car, up on the hoist etc and a test drive. Take your time in finding the right car and when a good deal comes up jump on it. For those people talking about the bf2 on carsales for 16.5k u can talk to the previous owner about it on this forum, username benzau, also a few youtube vids up of that car. I was interested in this car when I was buying until I spoke to the previous owner. Steer clear were his words.
  14. Any insurance company will happily take you money, however if you have a at-fault crash and they find out you are not legally allowed to drive that car they will NOT pay out. Be careful dude
  15. Search worldwide eBay. I got mine shipped from the US for $11 each.
  16. When do u think you think you will have a guarantee from him straughsberry? If you got 6 months out of them id be keen to give them a go for $100 a set, im sure a fair few more members wouldnt mind a back up set for 100 bucks.
  17. I bought the no name ones from ebay for $124, worked a treat when I first put them in but the car was starting to misfire up high under load the next day. It kept getting worse till it would do it at 3 odd k rpm as soon as it was getting on boost, making the 'popping' sound as trev describes. I changed plugs and tried different spark plug gap's but same results, then I put the stock ford coils back in and quick drive around the block sideways in 2nd as it used to go. I guess its going to have to be genuine coils from ford to make sure they are genuine unlike the $200 odd coils they are claiming are genuine on ebay or the weapon X ones. :smilelove:
  18. Not a bad run at all, thanks to Reg for organising the cruise. Looking forward to another one when my car is actually running properly. RIPGMH yeah you are right, loosing the group in the middle of nowhere turned out alright, I think the white F6 behind me wanted me to go quicker when we were playing catch up.....
  19. Thanks mate, looking forward to the cruise.
  20. Well now that I actually have an XR6T I guess I can get more involved in the forum.
  21. I'll be in for this. You can add me to the list.
×
×
  • Create New...