Jump to content

Phevor

Member
  • Posts

    124
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phevor

  1. No but I've had a scrapping, grinding noise coming from my hand-break and a creak from the steering colum which has finally pee'd me off long enuff So Ive booked the T back in at the dealership under warranty If your not in the know, take it to someone whose in the how
  2. Been thinking a night cruise around Melbourne would be cool. Mix in some cool freeways and your bigger roads always gets people checking you out? Just a thought..
  3. Its a good idea doing something combined with other states. Maybe depending on numbers could get some discounted prices.. Hehe could always make the trek up NT for open road speeeding.. I mean sensible, to the speed limit driving.. yeah you catch my 'drift'! \m/
  4. It may not exactly be a cruise but is anyone interested in holding photo shoot sessions? With our Ts lined up at Elwood Park near beach it looked awesome. I've been asked multiple times were we trying for a rainbow effect, almost worked out that way.. PM me if your interested as some thoughts I had about utilising a photo shoot (apart from seeing our rides with other Ts and to do what we like with em) were too: * Turn photo's into a calendar * Picture Posters * etc... Shoot me some ideas.. or discuss
  5. Does look more gunmetal black/grey.. closer to silhouette black than grey. It'd look awesome at night
  6. Thanks all for a great day out, it couldn't have been any better and a good thing no one got nabbed by the boys in blue en-route, especially up the Dandy's where we were fanging and boostin all over the place! There were many looks shared by all from crowds all day I had noticed. The weather couldn't have been any better also. Would have enjoyed further photo shoot ops but non the less. Elwood park was a great photo shoot spot and such a perfect fit for everyones ride! Thanks for organising the day Gary and great to have met some new faces and put some faces to handles of other much adorned XR6T vehicle lovers! Would be great to start organising another cruise.. and I'm willing to put my hand up to organise.. Here's some pics I managed outta my full-on phone's camera! \m/
  7. That's a bright colour... How about EZ2CME Easy to see me... XR6T2C XR6T to see... Both of which are available and would cost $495.00 from VicRoads... Jack <{POST_SNAPBACK}> You champion (now that you've seen my car) Beats me handle or what mates thoughts being T4X1 (and no it aint a taxi)! Might just have to look into this.. \m/
  8. In the long run, it's just a color and doesn't change the way the car performs. But the customer knows best so I hear you there. I wanted to get my T in either White or Shockwave BUT I wasn't in the position of ordering new. Low and behold I ended up driving away with Rapid yellow which has grown on me. I look on the bright side (pun not intended) at least it's the car I wanted. Colour doesn't make a big difference, can always get it resprayed... Best of luck, let us know the outcome.. \m/
  9. Haha now you've gone all out, are you in the position of becomming the resident custom plate modder? By all means, feel free to think of some for my Rapid T
  10. Thanks.. Just thought I'd ask, I'm arranging further stickers now
  11. Does anyone have or can bring along some forum site stickers (or at least sell me one) on tomorrows cruise??? I mine up while putting in on car the other night when the light quickly disappeared
  12. Phevor

    Abuse Mode

    Traction control and abuse mode are completely different. Abuse mode is engine specific where as TC is driveline psecific. Obviously TC is depandant on engine but it's all related in the long run. The abuse mode learns our driving technique so if your a speed demon then that's typically how your car will behave where as if you live life like a simple cruiser then your car will be more of a lemon. So if your changing driving styles frequently, I'm more curious to know abuse mode is effected here. Some days I'm a lead foot and other days I drive like my gran!
  13. Slightly off topic but on my trip home in 'da games' city, was toying a little with a riced 180SX whom was going a bit crazy to catch me (not that I was speeding or doing anything as carzy). Came to some lights and noticed an XR* a couple of cars behind me. Lights change, rice boys off with the boys in blue flashing lights behind. Regardless of what anyone says, tis always better to be safe than sorry and I'm glad it wasn't me
  14. Gday and welcome.. not being outright rude in saying this but if you're strongly considering buying a new BF T then typically you'll know more about the about the car well before jumping into it. Well at least most people do. If your comparing the base Falcons to the XR range then if it's a fun car with a heap of performance and cred your after and you don't mind paying the extra, start with the T, the performance may exceed expectation but having power on tap's awesome.. The latest MOTOR mag features the PCOTY where the BF auto/man and F6 take out the top gong, well worth the read. The fact of the matter is the new BF auto/man is better package update than the BA MkII. Facts 0-100kph in 6.29s (BA is 6.6s), 0-400kph approx 14.35s - Shows that the T is a damn quick all rounder with great potential car. As for 'edit' and performance mods, def do a site search, you'll be suprised what you'll find. I've discovered no problems yet (touch wood) but that also depends on other factors but generally speaking non. Get the premium sound if you can, you wont be disappointed as for the extra you pay, it's far better than paying more for aftermarket. Good luck with your decision..
  15. Phevor

    My New Ride

    Welcome.. and JUST slightly better improved than the BA MkII T
  16. Welcome.. What rival Ford vs Expensive Daewoo cars did you check out? Getting the manual or auto? Color, options etc? What did you drive before looking at the T? Good to hear you've been converted, I think most have wound up in a T coz it's a bloody good car! Cheers \m/
  17. Out of curiosity if anyone happens to know, I've read the best way to launch the 4spd auto T is to torque stall it at about 2.5Krpm in sports manual shift with traction control off? This would then help acheive the boasted 0-100kms in 6.4s
  18. Sounds good and even though it's not as intended, it's a cruise non the less
  19. Thought I'd post this up as it shows just how much potential a stock (auto) T has when launched off the line. This is ligit G-tech data readings of my T's times from 24/02/06 against a CV8 & HSVR8 so enjoy Note: This was my first time launching attempt best times in the T
  20. Good things it's Friday night, curl up with a beer, drown ya sorrows and thanks god you're still alive even though it's a mad, angry, pissed off emotions your raging with
  21. Ha I reckon yellow n black plates would totally suit my Rapid T... unfortunately I'm a mexican but the blue on white slimlines encased in Kingpin plate covers still looks alright
  22. I fanged the T around last Friday night when it was warm for about 2 hours straight and engine temp rose to about 3/4 but on my quieter trip home it cooled. You could have an instrument problem else as everyones mentioned above, it's pretty normal. It also depends on what run around cars you own. My previous ride was a Prelude and often it was driven really hard. The engine temp never rose so I figured if the engine light comes on, I may have problems. The engine serves only as an indication. If your a driver who understands your car then you're gonna know pretty quickly if there's something not running right My two cents worth.. \m/
  23. Well hoping to add my pic as sooon as my order I placed over the weekend arrives.. ahh I'll post a pic then..
  24. Nice.. was thinking of dropping mine but for city drivin.. too many bumps Hehe and the number plates suit, a better looking orange colour than any other ride for sure
  25. Welcome 'Gav'! I know the position your in as I came from a stock NA Jap Prelude back to a good ol Ford - don't know what I was thinking All I can say is the sooner you get in the T the better! My last couple of car's were Jap and the performance qualities compared with the T awesome. The car is very responsive especially on cornering. The auto I find is better than the manual (yet the BF auto I wish I had) as you have more fun with it, less time shifting and time to focus on driving. The auto is much quicker depending on your driving style too, I know, I know, I still go for the clutch but the semi-auto is a real bonus The stock T can be worked without major engine mods too at least 300rwkw. More depending on you want out of it. Basically take whatever FPV produce and you can almost throw most parts straight into the T. Not sure if this is the case with HSV?!? I've also read that the stock T compared to a heap of other stock car's is one of your best platforms to tinker with so it all makes sense.. I've been averaging around 14L-15L/100km (as I'm still getting used to the ride) but considering the power and performance increases it's still pretty good on the pocket. Have tried both 95% - 98% fuel's (Shell or BP ONLY) and don't really notice any major differences, Optimax/Ultimate flows a little better naturally. In all, from a ex Jap car driver to the T, I can't recommend the choice enough and good luck..... \m/
×
×
  • Create New...