LTSBGY
Member-
Posts
259 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by LTSBGY
-
I have about 270-280 rwkw with T5 and stock clutch. I noticed this faint rattle happening in third gear without even flooring it. This rattle became more louder and started happening in 3rd 4th and 5th and just today this rattle became loud and sounded more like a grinding noise and I could feel it in the stick. If my box is going, wouldnt my clutch have gone first? Thanx Nesh
-
Mods done: Typhoon CAI BMC filter 968's cat custom tune
-
Ok the eratic idle is a ball breaker but after getting the TPS changed and now the car stalling im not impressed. Will ford change the TPS again or new throttle body if I have mods to my car? Or is my warranty now void? Thanx Nesh
-
Took off the gear surround and went for a drive to hear if the rattle is cumming from the box and it is. I think my box is on its way out. Nesh
-
Fuel pump changed. Did a bit of a detune and doesnt seem to be pinging now, although there is a faint rattle of some sort in pretty much every gear. A microphone was hoocked up to hear if it was actually ping, it doesnt seem to be ping but something is rattling, could it be the box or heatshield? Nesh
-
I was just after some info and opinions. When I got my tune done it was ok for the first day and then the next day I filled up and started pinging. Killed that tank and tried diff fuel, still ping. Changed fuel filter, still ping. I got 3 custom tunes and after detuning the car over 3 times to see if it would ping it still does. Then got a tune done to bring it right down nearly to stock and its all ok. We put the air fuel O2 sensor on the car and with a mild custom tune flashed in took it for a spin and it is leaning out in 3rd gear and above when in the high rev range and starts to ping. Would this be because fuel pump sort of sh*t itself the next day after the custom tune and now cant supply enough fuel and result in ping? Im booked in for a new fuel pump but just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. Thanx Nesh
-
I got my TPS changed, 2 weeks later it started again, I got a custom tune and thought it should fix it but it hasnt, its a factory standard. Nesh
-
Is your car modded in any way? Do you have a boost gauge? If you do then the boost line may have popped out, this happens to mine so I just cable tied it, no probz now. If its from your passenger side then it definately sounds like the blow off valve section which your boost line would be connected too. you say it only happens over 2 grand. What happens if you just slowely apply acceleration over 2k, does it make the sound or are you punching it and its making the sound when over 2k? If you slowely going over 2k and it makes it then it would be a lose hose or something as boost wont kik in, but if your punching it then when boost kiks in that's where you hear the sound then it would be a problem with your BOV section somewhere. Double check everything, pull the hoses off the BOV and put them back on again just to make sure. Hope this helps Nesh
-
Standing in a group of mates and these guys a few years younger were friends of one of my mates. Anyway he has a R31 with RB30 motor in it. The car is pretty quick and is good for around 11/12. Anyway in a space of 3 minutes from when he started saying how quick his car was, his car went from being 12 sec to 9 sec because he put a 9 second cam in it LOL. I didnt know you could get cams that were based on qurter mile times. Nesh
-
this may be so the plug is an iridium or platnum plug designed not to melt or vapourise in upto 100,000k's it has melted why do you think this is? consider yourself lucky it has not cost you motor 2 from the sounds of it and retune it!!! I refused to tune nesh's car to the limit cause his previous tune had melted a plug to not even this extent!!! run it at 300 for a month if still ok then bring it back upto 409 good luck with it!!! ← Now that the plugs have been changed and the car tuned, do the plugs need to be checked at any certain point after seeing a plug in that state? Or will it be fine because it has been tuned? Can detonation happen again after it has been tuned? Nesh
-
Thanx for the support and dont shoot me over something stupid I did. I was quite hapy to pay nick to do it, like I said my mate tricked me into doing it. I put the stock injectors back in toniight. Everything is fine now. Also I have read lots of people doing mods like this and then driving it straight to the shop to get tuned. that's why I thought it was ok to do them especially when people have posted how to install them. Anyway stupid mistake and all fixed now. Nesh
-
No not worth, but its bad! I dont understand how putting injectors in caused that but obviously it has somehow Im stressing my head off!. I feel like I shouldnt of touched it and let nick do it but my mate bad buzzed me and said its not hard we can do it and save urself some money. I can say now that id rather of paid the money as the car feels like crap and I have big regrets. Im most worried about the driveline clunk and noises its making coz its extremely bad and 100 times notasable than usual. Nesh ← You dicksnap.. It'll be fixed shortly, then you will be stressin bout your tyres. ← Id rather be stressing over tires then a muffed car.
-
Im stressing my head off!. I feel like I shouldnt of touched it and let nick do it but my mate bad buzzed me and said its not hard we can do it and save urself some money. I can say now that id rather of paid the money as the car feels like crap and I have big regrets. Im most worried about the driveline clunk and noises its making coz its extremely bad and 100 times notasable than usual. Nesh
-
Just installed 968's and getting teh car tuned thurs by XTC performance. Im not driving the car till thurs morning until I take it there however I took it around the block to test and see if it was leaking fuel or anything. Good news no fuel leaks but the car stalls on me everytime I let the revs drop and when I change gears it clunks very very very bad and its not normal. im not hiting boost but im changing at around 2 2500 rpm and when I put the clutch in to change gears the whole driveline clunks hard and rough. Also should I plug in the generic 8pis map or go bak to factory for when I drive it to get it tuned? Thanx Nesh
-
Edit Revs Drop And Then Comes Good When Stopping
LTSBGY replied to THEMESHMAN260's topic in General Tech
Well mine is teh 04 xr6t manual that does it too. Ay one stage it was reving by itself aswell as this rev dropping problem aswell. I cleaned the throttle body as it was full of thick gunk and it fixed the problem for 2 weeks then it started again. I took it to ford and they replaced the TPS. It got rid of the revving by itself and stalling problem but it still occasionally does the rev dropping to bout 250rpm. I have tried both the standard and the 8psi tunes and it does it with both. Hopefully when I get a custom tune shortly it will fix the problem. Nesh -
How long on average does it take to tune a car? You said you got there at 5:30 and they were just starting. What time did u leave?
-
How does the 258rwkw feel though? (forgetting about the number) Is it a dramatic feeling to the stock? Does it put a smile on your face or you expected more in terms of how it would perform? Nesh
-
You seem to beat me to it every time.
-
The tuners closest to you would prob be HPF, Nizpro and I think G&D performance. Have a look at their sections in Forum Sponsor's. Nesh
-
Im pretty sure its just the xr's and the FPV's. What state you from + area? Just a questions to suggest the tuners if you want. Nesh
-
Welcome to the addiction! The onyl restriction to the exhuast is the cat. A highflow cat would set you back about $300 depending on what you get and then plus fitment. A typhoon style intake with a K&N or BMC flat panel filter would also be a good mod as it cheap. Then simply decide on a tuner and get the capa edit and a custom tune. You are looking at about 260 + rwkw with those basic mods. For the springs most people are going with SL front and SSL rear but then you might need a camber kit aswell. Nesh
-
Well I muffed my clutch coz of the bloody stupid t/c. My mate told me to sk8 the street and I forgot to turn it off and I burned the sh*t out of my clutch now I cant even flat shift coz it slips.
-
that's why I asked if a custom tune can disengauge it permanantly coz I forget most of the time to turn it off. When youve come from a sh*tty car that has no options and gadgets in it, to a new car with all these functions you tend not to use them and forget that your car has them
-
Ok cool thanx. When I get a custom tune, does the tuner permantly disable it coz I seem to forget a lot of the time to turn it off when starting the car? thanx Nesh
-
have edit generic 8psi, typhoon CAI and BMC filter
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.