Jump to content

Phoon

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    284
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phoon

  1. If Costello is really serious about reducing fuel costs to motorists, why not reduce the tax on it that goes into govenment coffers. We all know that wont happen.
  2. Maguires scratch x should get most of that fixed up.
  3. No prob's mate, ask Paul to take you for a squirt in his T, he has an edit on his that he tuned himself, very strong and nice right through the rev range. You are right also, once the bug bites, its all over. Just on a side note, I have an RDP unit which I think is great, but if I had of chosen an edit, Paul would be the one looking after it.Cheers Jeff
  4. I wouldnt worry about waiting a year mate, if you want the edit, Paul @Elite is already proficient with it. I have been in some of the cars he's done with it and they are very well tuned. If you are looking at an interceptor style unit, Steve's RDP unit is the way to go as well as Steve being a top tuner. So there are choices mate.
  5. Theres no doubt you've pushed the boundaries on your beast Brian and I think all 'T' owners that have modified there cars owe you a thankyou because as you've learnt what to do and what not to do at your own expense along the way, everybody else has benefited from it. I tip my hat to you mate. Cheers Jeff
  6. Exactly the same thing happened to mine. Idiots at Ford said intercooler hose had a split, and wouldnt have it that I had checked every single hose. I took it to Steve at Redcliffe Dyno, told him I think the cat had lunched itself, he agreed, took it off and what do you know, the cat had lunched itself. New cat and happily on my way again.
  7. Phoon

    Phoon I

    Call Larry @ Denmac Darra. Bought all mine through him. Tell him I sent ya and he'll beat your best price. 07 3864 9999 ← So if he will beat your best price and your best price came from him in the first place, will he beat that. ← No harm in asking Jeff. ← not on topic, but how did you go with the wog tune? I saw jets cracking 308 when I was there but didnt hear how you went.Cheers Jeff
  8. Phoon

    Phoon I

    Call Larry @ Denmac Darra. Bought all mine through him. Tell him I sent ya and he'll beat your best price. 07 3864 9999 ← So if he will beat your best price and your best price came from him in the first place, will he beat that.
  9. Im pretty lucky, I tell her everything, never any probs.
  10. Went it to it with eyes wide open. When I bought the Phoon, I was well aware that any mod's would void waranty. In fact, my Ford Service manager has been kept up to date with all my mod's.
  11. The golden one certainly looked a treat on saturday and it was a well deserved win. Top job Ian, it's a credit to you and Anita. BTW, I liked those BM vents too. Cheers Jeff
  12. I was parked beside Wayne at the Gold Coast All Ford day on the weekend and I can tell everyone, that this bonnet is the absolute best Ive seen so far. The finish was superb, and it's all metal. It is also much better seeing it in real life than the pics. This bonnet is the bee's knees. See I told you Wayne, if you release your bonnet, once it gets out and people see it, they'll be knocking your door down. As I said to you, Im intersted in one. Cheers Jeff
  13. Awesome feel as well, you can feel it on mine next time we bump into each other... ← so im on the money speaking as its not changing the actual "shift pattern" just the smoothness and shorter throw? ps- ill have to decline your offer on a "feel of yours"...... ← Trough, smoother, short shift, easy, I change gears with a couple of fingers, for example 2nd to 3rd, just push straight up and in it goes, 5th to 4th just straight back and in it goes. havent missed a gear yet since installing and havent had to feel for a gear position. You dont have to guide the stick at all. They are great units. Even the ocassional clunk I used to get from the linkages is gone. Highly recommend. Cheers Jeff
  14. Dont think Steve at RDP does CAPA units, he does his own which I have on my car and they are awesome. I went from a unichip to RDP unit and gained an extra 22rwkw from 305 to 327 with 3psi less boost, from 15 psi to 12. Unit is great, but Steve is a top tuner as well.
  15. Ive had a Mal Wood short throw shifter with shortened stick on my car for a couple of months now and its as good as the day it was done. I love it.
  16. Mick, give Paul at Elite Automotive a call on 32742445, he's at beatty road, archerfield. Honest down to earth bloke, dont know what he charges for a custom tune with the capa flash, but I know he does them. He has a nice T of his own with a capa tune in it.
  17. Phoon

    Bloody Break In

    Sorry to hear that mate, I got done 3 times in 3 years. Same MO, same guys. They wait until they are confident that your stuff has been repalced and then they come back. You need to up your security to pt the mongrels off guard, then they will move on to somewhere else that is easier. Cheers Jeff
  18. ROBBED
  19. Holy Crap TurboDewd, life must be awfully boring in Canberra. Turn the telly off, jump in your beast and go for a scream around the nice wide streets of Canberra. Theres no traffic on the roads there after 5pm, probably cause everybody is at home watching TV ad's, so as the TV ad with fat Norm says. Live more of your life. Or was that Lumpy that said that? Cant quite remember.
  20. Phoon

    Car Swap

    Supra's are the best of the ricers IMO, but almost undrivable on a wet day. Had a mate with one and he got rid of it and bought a Jag cause his better half couldnt control it in the wet. Other than that, they would be my pick of Jap cars.
  21. Now that you have mentioned that, I would say not the cat either. Check all vac lines.
  22. Same thing happened to me, after checking every possible hose and vacuuum line, the last thing I checked was the cat. It had lunched itself. Had a new metalcat installed, problem fixed. Cant say that this is your problem so make sure you check all vacuum lines before you do anything.
  23. Go and see Steve at Redcliffe Dyno, site sponsor. I had a bent actuator on mine, 1 hr after seeing Steve, he managed to repair, all sorted.Cheers Jeff
  24. Phoon

    Cougar Ads

    I hate them and that guy looks like a 70's porn star
  25. Does Al Gore narate this doco, cause he certainly doesnt have the brains to have researched it. George Bush jr. beat him for god's sake. By the way, I'm not saying something shouldnt be done about emmisions. ← I think history will show what a dumbass Bush jnr is/was and the only reason he beat Gore to the presidency was because of rigged votes and bigger payoffs...in the States he who has the most amount of money buys the presidency... what's our excuse with Howard???.... ← Agree with your comments and whats our excuse with Howard you say. have you had a look at the Opposition. Anyway, time to get back on topic otherwise this will become a political thread.
×
×
  • Create New...