Mike1
Member-
Posts
48 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Mike1
-
Just a question for anyone who can help. I seem to get severe axle tramp with any wheel spin (especially in the wet). Doesn't matter if traction control is on of off (but obviously traction control kicks in and out when on). It is so bad that I reckon something will break sooner or later if it keeps up. I haven't got under the car to take a look yet but have had enough performance cars over the years to know that this one is by far the worst (lots of banging)and just wanted to know if it is just a trait of suspension design etc or unique to mine. Its a BF manual if it matters.
-
I was in Targa West and due to an accident a couple of cars in front of us there was a delay on this stage. To pass the time we were out of our cars and I was talking to Brocky about this event. He was really enthusiastic about these types of grass roots tarmac rally events and said he loved competing in them. He talked about the Daytona with the excitement that we show about our cars. For someone who has driven the best in the world this was really refreshing. I have always been a Ford man but Brock has been a hero for many years not because of his driving ability but because he always had time for the fans. RIP Brocky - a legend.
-
AUMATT, do you just need the switches -I presume they would just pry out?
-
Phoned the 13FORD line this morning as was told that the switches are NOT backlit on current build BF turbos. The person on the phone said that at some point (couldn't say when) there has obviously been some a cost cutting measures and this is one of them. I remember reading an article in either Wheels or Motor that Ford was cutting costs on the BF's in minor areas but it didn't say where. Given the feedback on this forum it seems there are plenty of BF's with backlit switches so it would be interesting to find out which month it was stopped. Mine is a August build.
-
picked up the new car today and noticed the window switches are not backlit. Reading some posts on this forum I thought BFs had them standard or am I wrong?
-
I've ordered a new T with the luxury pack which includes "XR Sports Leather Seats". The options listed by ford that can be ordered separately are these sports seats (at $2495) or XR Leather Seats ($1980). I know that the "Sports" are not full leather but have the suede look alike inserts but are there any other differences. The pictures on the Ford website and in the brochures look as if the sports seat have bigger side bolsters. Does anyone know if this right?
-
Scotty, co-driving a Porsche GT3 again. Not allowed under the regs to use a competition car to do the recce so a good excuse to use the new XR.
-
from memory 2 T's were entered in the 2004 targa tassie, and did ok in class. Targawest started in 2005 along the similar line, Tarmac Rally on closed roads. This year has a GT (could be XR8 but I cant remember) done out as a V8 Supercar (or as much as the regs will allow) entered which did pretty well at the last Mt Buller. Have a look at the site www.targawest.com.au if your interested.
-
went out today and ordered rather than wait for the MKII. Figured if I'm going to wait for the MKII then the new model is due in 2007 so wait for that etc etc etc when does it end. And besides the 2003 BA is dropping value daily as time goes on so do it now and enjoy. So it's a BF XR6T, manual, luxury pack, sunroof and tint. Now if I can get them to pull their finger out and build it by mid august I can run it in doing the Targawest recce.........
-
the lease on my BA is now due and I have a decision to make. Do I order a new Turbo now or roll the lease monthly and wait for the MKII if it is going to be significantly different? The kid in me says do it now (hanging out for a manual after 36 months in an auto) but the dealers and Ford help line can't give me much detail on what will the MKII bring. November 06 is supposedly when it is due. Anyone got any ideas on the changes for MKII other than the usual wheels, badges, minor trim etc?
-
Finally picked up the car at the end of June after hassling the saleman every month and drooling over every XR I saw driving around and wouldn't you bloody know it due to work committments I have been in Melbourne since the day after delivery. So I have only done 25km in it after owning it for a month. The upside is the misses is really pissed off cause I took the keys with me (it was an accident really) so she can't even drive it. Oh well, back in a week and then get to play with the new toy.
-
Tiger Woods was driving his new BMW in country USA when he had to stop for petrol in a small hick town. As the gas station attendant was filling the car he commented on how nice the colour was, how shiney the wheels were and then on looking inside he noticed a couple of tees sitting in the console. Not knowing anything about golf he asked Tiger "what are those funny looking things there?" Tiger replied they were for resting his balls on while driving. The attendant the exclaimed "that damn BMW they think of everything don't they!!"
-
Anything that drowns out the misses!!! (joking joking.....)
-
Holdens also have another benefit up their sleeve. The GENIII's get lighter the more you drive them as the oil level gets dramatically lower!!!! :lol:
-
bugger - got interupted by my 3 year old and hit add reply before finishing. Favourite of all - genuine XY GT - all original which some b@stards stole and was found stripped and torched!
-
First car was a HG 350 Monaro (genuine with 42000 miles on it) I bought off an old guy (friend of my grandfathers) - sold it to buy a Ducati. Then an ex pursuit - sold to buy an XE ex pursuit. XB 351 Ute - sold to buy a Moto Guzzi. Group A Walkinshaw Commodore - sold to buy a house. ute very worked 351 stroker - sold when Avgas became to hard to get and store at home. Landcruiser - sold when moved back to Perth from Kalgoorlie. plus another 19 bikes and 6 company cars.
-
Talking of towing limits I saw an interesting sight about 6 months ago at my local boat ramp. A guy with a VX SS Crumpledore was pulling a fairly large boat (about 20 foot) out of the water which must have had quite a bit of water in it. When he got to the dry part of the ramp he gave it a bit of a boot (to impress the onlookers I guess) and the left rear door popped open. When he parked the car he couldn't shut the door properly again, you could open it without touching the doorhandle - must have put too much stress on the body and pulled something out of alignment. Needless to say he was not happy! I've seen this sort of thing happen at the drags plenty of times but never towing a boat.
-
Just thinking..... this would be a great purchase from the insurance company at the right price. Transplant the motor, gearbox brakes etc into something like an early 70's Capri and with only 1100kgs it would be a great toy.
-
Has anyone got the feedom pack as well as national fleet discount? I work for a large company who has a "Ford Partnership Program" whereby if we buy a new Ford we get a "discounted price" (which just so happens to be fleet discount.) As my car is due to be delivered mid June I phoned Ford's customer service line a week ago and asked if I would be elidgable. The girl said yes as the only exclusions were commercial vehicles and those purchased under an ABN. On friday I was due to pick up a loan car from the salesman so I thought I would ring the customer service line again to confirm and this time get the persons name so I could quote it to the dealer in need. Spoke to the salesman who first told me it wasnt available on XR's then said he would have to check it out. He phoned me back and said yes it was available on XR's but not with fleet discount. I phoned the service line again who told me he was wrong and the exclusion was for large flleet buyers using ABN's not those who were purchasing in personal names for personal use, the fact I was getting fleet discount because of a deal with my employer and Ford was irrelevent. Dealer then spoke to the boss of the area who put the freedom pack together who said it wasnt available with fleet discount regardless of the serviceline advice. So now I'm trying to find out if anyone has managed to get both. Can anyone help?
-
DavoWA, I agree the Fully Monte & Italian job rallys are great. (missed the last Italian but did last years Full Monte in an Audi S4 -twin turbo V6, 4 wheel drive) Entry fees are low because they are run by the Mini car club and not for a profit. The classic & classic challenge are run as a business by AEM hence the costs. Did the last challenge in a Lotus 340R, last year in a Porshe 3.6 911 and last years Classic in a Porsche Boxter S and the year before in a 911. Unfortunately not all mine but it's great to have a mate with a passion for cars and a big bank balance...
-
DavoWA, great idea. Classic Rally 19,20 & 21 September sounds good!
-
More fuel with the same air equals a safe (but rich) engine I.e. less power but wont burn pistons etc. More fuel plus more air equals more power (13.7 parts air to 1 part fuel is the ideal ). More air with the same fuel equals more power until detonation.
-
A GEN III wagon is a great idea by GMH. Will fit heaps more drums of oil in the back :lol:
-
DAVOWA, are you doing the Full Monty or Twilight? I have just had to pull out of the Full Monty due to other committments (entered in a Lotus 340R - seriously quick car). It will be good to see a T competing against the HSV's.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.