-
Posts
36 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by 800STA
-
tjb45 - did you still have the converter unit or did you end up selling it?
-
I've been told by a bloke doing this in his FG, that the Expensive Daewoo Adventra front diff unit fixes the problem of the awkward driveshaft angle from the Territory diff unit. This also allows standard ride heights but the down side is the need to modify the K frame to accept the Adventra Diff...
-
Iconic is Right..... According to the Traffic Offenders Intervention Program run for the NSW Courts, If you have lost your license (first offence - P.C.A. or dui, neg driving, more than 40 km/h over limit, dangerous driving, culpable driving, drive whilst disqualified, etc), then if you are charged with a "second serious driving offence within 2 years" you are considered a repeat offender and automatically dished out an additional 2 years ON TOP of whatever the judge dishes out, and you ARE considered an habitual offender if you offend 3 times in a two year period (rolling two years) which carries an additional 5 years on top of what the judges hands you... Quite possibly a gaol sentence.... You CAN make a FALSE STATEMENT when you apply for your license, but most states are now linked together and cross-reference with other states, with the possible (still?) exception of QLD. they seem to avoid buddying up with NSW on any information sharing. It IS possible to have an QLD driver's licence whilst suspended in NSW, but you have to SURRENDER your NSW licence to get your QLD license. (to get around this you would have to have had an interstate license previously and have that licence RE-INSTATED, not a NEW ISSUE) the risk of this would would be you may incur charges like obtain a driver's license by deception, or the like. Obviously what you get charged with depends on how much you piss of the walloper that pulled you over..... The long and short of it is yes, you can, and no, you can't.....
-
How complicated would it be to connect a simple dvd remote (for example) through the I.R. at the topp of the ICC? And if you were running dvd's or windows media player would this then interface with an IR remote? just a thought that's all...
-
HERE, HERE..... I MUST AGREE..... Having had a truck move across the road & sent me sliding 90deg to the road, at "highway" speed, which consequently rolled and flipped end-over, I was lucky, to say the very least.... The floorpan remained relatively straight, but the driver's window fram was ripped down in the rollover, a good argument for Side Airbags, the passenger front wheel was ripped off and exploded along the centre of its' circumference.... The roof buckled in, so the roof resembled the golden arches.... it was just slightly McF*#ked.... and the insurance co. asked if it would be salvageable?!? My suggestion would be some underbody braces similar to the Mustangs have available to tie the front & rear rails together..... that would give the chassis some strength, and while the chassis has awesome balance, the chassis would be the last of my cares in a roll, flip or whatever..... I'm with Cobra on the cage bit, and I'd make sure it was WELL designed.... call it OVERKILL? maybe, but then that's whatmy missus says about the power and the money...... I'd call it cheap? insurance......
-
Or what abouthis crazy ass porsche driver they are alot calmer over there in Japan, I seem to recall a few of our V8 drivers-: Rusty, Skaife, Ambrose & Murphy aren't NEARLY so polite when it comes to these sort of tactics..... http://youtubech.com/tag/nissan?s= If I came that close Me thinks I'd have a few expletive words to say
-
Yeah... alright.... I am holding back, but there must have been an oil slick or something.... or the road was wet?!?
-
I can't help but to join in & add another video.... As to where it was taken, I have no idea..
-
any more updates at all?? Just starting to really push the envelope..... It's be good to see how it's all coming along...
-
-
Not that that should impact on your oil pump though!.... Lucky Mrs F6 Ute was not driving it or it would be sitting back in your garage at home with a note stuck to it "by the way honey, a red light came on in the dash and it started making a funny noise.... but I got it home anyway" ← The mssrs actually drove her last car, overheating till the head warped and cracked. You'd swear it was a locomotive the amount of steam it was punching out.. ← Don't laugh at your missus too much, I remember back in the EL days a bloke had his EF towed in... The back of his Reef Green falcon was black from oil & engine sensors had simply fallen off, cooling in molten drips..... the whole engine had seized & needed a new long motor..... about $7000 from spares back then.... not cheap to bring it back to standard.....
-
ADSL2 is THE good stuff ← Um?!? ADSL 2??? And this would be the reason TELSTRA is upgrading their network from ADSL 1 to "Fiber Optic To The Node"....
-
Spot on Zap..... Having owned a Ba and a Bf, now.... I only wish I bit the bullet and went for a Typhoon this time...... After I optioned up my Bf, $66,500 is pretty close to the $78,000+ for an optioned-up Phoon...... :titwave: just too impatient...... My suggestion would be to top it off with Brembos, Sports Wheel, Leather, Mats, SatNav & 19"s....... Believe me, The typhoon will leave alot of HSV owners in their own and they'll only get better....
-
I would be thinking LONG & HARD first...... If my dealer?!? is to be believed, FPV Floor Mats are ONLY available AT time of purchase.... It'd piss me off if I bought the Typhoon & decided after delivery that I wanted the 19" and they weren't available..... I'd at least ask the question if you can buy then from Parts after delivery.... Imagine how pissed you'd be if you wanted your BF 19"s and can't order them cause your cars already been delivered??
-
I reckon check it EVEN if you don't have a modded T..... My Bf is yet to be Edited, however it had a vibration from the rear diff area when I picked it up & thought it might have been a rear uni... I was told at 14,000 odd km that it was this bush was "Flogged out" and yes the whole rear suspension clip has to be dropped to replace it..... My question is If this was noticeable from NEW (every standstill start from the showroom) then why wasn't it picked up?
-
Ebay has one right now for $4,500 with all ecu & wiring - will add trans for $1000
-
Someone kick him in his NUMBNUTS..... Doesn't matter if it's not a performance car or not..... you shouldn't buy Mum's car in the first place if you dream of Riceburners....
-
Ba - Bf was simply 245kw + 480 Nm (240kw + 450Nm) Stability control - instead of Traction (from Territory) 6sp auto Premium Brakes std (No slotted discs) Clear stoplight lenses front bar different trims & door Grabhandles And I don't think the Stability Control is on the FPV's -pull me up if I'm wrong (Someone will)
-
Tell me about it - My first T was a Mk1 with premium Brakes... I left it at the dealer to get 2 new rotors (didn't catch them in time & hit metal) & pads - I was told to bring it back tomorrow when they had the Rotors in stock... That also included the 28km's they put on it - with NO front brakes..... NUMB NUTS......
-
whose up for it? I'll decide on a venue after I see who gets the interest. hit me back you rev heads! Hey Guys... Just let us know the dates & venue & I'll try & get down from Townsville.... Nothin major yet..... Waitin on the Edit to arrive & get tuned..... Rick 800STA
-
Hi All..... Who said "Circuit" After meeting up on the Snowies cruise with those South of the border, I'm looking forward to whoever's next..... Count me in depending on dates - have to come from Townsville...... Rick 800STA
-
This sounds to be a possibility, however if the tyres are slipping at 30+ psi then more won't do much except over-inflate your tyres... Drag racers install "bead locks" on their rims which are essentially special screws that screw through the rim and lock the tyre to the rim - not real good for nice rims, but necessary when you drop the pressure to get sidewall flex for grip....
-
Good!!! Than get back to Melbourne so we can finish my car!!! please <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hang on Marcus, There's enough of the wog to share around, besides, we all know you'd have him all to yourself if you could.....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.