Jump to content

Muzza

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Muzza

  1. Muzza

    Put Up Or Stfu

    Don't forget to load up your suspension with your hand brake engaged ready for a quick release. maybe a 13.9.
  2. The T5 was lucky to last that long, they do make a TKO 5 speed which is strong as they get but I believe there is a price to goes with it. I have a T5 which was rebuilt & run for 1000km before I replaced it with a T56. you can have it for a 5th of the price of a T56 but im sure you will be happier with the T56. Muzza
  3. I am a bit confused by this post, why would I post this if I had not spoken to Tony About the software? My read on the situation is this, Capa and SCT are developing the "home tuner" package, and using the feedback from here to build in the features the performance guys want, OR they are using it (feedback) as market research for the soon to be released tuner that has the used changable settings, and the LCD screen etc, I cant remeber what its called, but its two weeks away. Either way its up to them, I dont have a beef with Capa over this product at all, in fact I dont have any interest in buying the home tuner pack, Myself and Muzza, are trying to scrape together a spare $2500. to buy the full version, my interest was purley in the working of the home tuner pack, more to, if we spend $2500. on the full dealer version, are we going to be able to tune the new boxes, what can the dealer software do that the home tuner cant etc. Are we going to get our money back I suppose is the main question, I know I could drive to melbourne and have HPF or Nizpro tune my car, but If I change hardware, im screwed and another tripto Melbourne is required, if I have the software, end of drama. But a spare $2500. when you have three kids, two cars, a wife ETC is not too easy to come accross, so we want to be sure we can get our money back. ← There are T owners (and I am one) here in Newcastle begging and waiting for this to happen. My offer to pay up-front for a custom tune (to help raise the $2500) is still there. I am tempted to go to Sydney as 1 guy I know has already, but as you said, if you change exhaust, cooler etc, it's back down to Sydney. A local tuner would be great and I'm sure he would earn the $2500 back well within a month. ← We should have it in 2 weeks....... Sory I couldn't help myself....but with any luck we will have it. Muzza
  4. Yeah you are right there Brian... problem is that I have the most lusted after box there is... the venerable T5... so I'm trying to be really nice to it... it's just so hard... I saw your car today and it's looking good... 3 times the power of mine... but we all have to start somewhere... Jack Go as easy as you want but the T5 is as good as gone,trust me. Don't stuff around start getting a quote of Mal he will give you the right ratio's to suit your diff. Muzza.
  5. It was Rx Engeernering at Thornton. He's isn't a dealer yet but worth touching base with him as he knows his stuff & he's a great guy. Eugene would be best to talk too in relation to when John will be able to tune the edit. Eugene & myself are both in the area. Muzza.
  6. After resting the xede for 2 days my air-fuel come back to a normal with edit on it's own. Since sent my box back to Street tuner to do so boost adjustment. Hope to be back on the dyno early next week to check. Thanks for the help Muzza.
  7. On a dyno day we had at RXE the stockies ran between 190-205rwkw. Check all turbo & manifold bolts, all hoses (the cross over will fold into pipe under were you can't see) & plug gap. Every time this check has been done even 2 days after a ford service more the 1 fault was found. Get to know your own car do it yourself. Muzza.
  8. Xede is resting now. I'll let you know how it goes. Muzza
  9. Not sorted yet havn't had time. I'll try edit on it's own over the next week with the manual boost controler & see how it goes. I'll give you a buzz through the week Martin. Muzza.
  10. Hi, My T seems to be returning to a default after a run. I can flash tune 3 in & run it with my air fuels sitting nicely around 12 then the next day or after a few hours after it has cooled down it seem to go haywire sending air fuels to around 10's (rich as hell) then if I flash tune 3 back in it's back to normal. Any tips on getting things back to normal & stable?? Muzza.
  11. A few of us have been using Edit with xede to do the same job, so Myself it's a plus. I'de luv too see a live tune option on the full version to help with the finer tuning. A sugestion if it hasn't yet been raised only show the offset maps your adding to the orig tune (much like xede)but allow the Tuner who set up the box with the base tune to be able to see the tune in it's full. As I believe you can't do a start from scratch tune only adjust a tune which is in 1 of or all of the slots? True or False. If the price can be kept to a reasonable level($500 & under) I can see most edit user's picking it up just in case your out the back of bum f*ck nowhere with a tune issue & no edit tuners for 100 miles just a workshop with a dusty dyno. I can see me saving on postage back & foward to you Martin each time a upgrade is made on my T. Bring it on. Muzza.
  12. More than you think, it will enable a more consistint boost for sure but Stronger Valve spring to a point enable more energy from each ignition. Springs will be one of my next upgrades. Muzza.
  13. Muzza

    New Gearbox

    What Chris says but slower means off the start & with a gearbox chatter noise when taking off untill the diff ratio is change (a 9" is the best option with a larger range of ratio's & about half the price). Muzza.
  14. Grey I think, will let you know tomorrow after I do another 1. Muzza.
  15. Nice pics buddy. My ute jumped in 3 out of 5 shots.... it does that. Muzza
  16. Get an edit tune that gives you 0-5% boost under 60% throttle may save the turbo....& sh*t loads of fuel? Street tuner may have had a look at a stock map & could tell you how much the turbo is working at 200km with 50-60% throttle. How much throttle is used to hold it at 200 across the flat? Re flash your go fast map when your back in town. Muzza.
  17. I got 1 off them but I rang them to see what others they had ended up with a charcoal & asked for the darkest wood colour he had.Looks good(I think) ring Rob 0409170305 Bayford Group.
  18. I'm using a set of Eugene's(Bosh 440 I think) injectors & the trip to Ford you wouldn't know the dfference with the stock tune. Just do what everyone else does get around the corner & re flash it. But they do run fine. 1 thing to note the 968's are a nice bright green & eugene's are the blue like the stockies. Muzza.
  19. That may have been me Jeff.. A complement I believe, being the best sounding car there. Muzza.
  20. you can, but there wont be much point as the thermo fans wont come on till much later anyway, with the edit you can adjust what temp the fans come on and off.
  21. 42 here today Adam. Dam hot! Muzza.
  22. No Buddy you didn't win the grog but ran a close 2nd. Daboss (jeff) won the turkey. Muzza.
  23. I've tried 4 tanks of Boost so far with 1 tank of vortex 98 in between were the vortex give me the odd ping the boost didn't.(works for me) I will give the optimax 100 a go next tank. 10am will be a little late for me to go for a cruise as I'll be helping set up but if we get done early enough sure I'll head in town. Muzza.
  24. The run down industrial drive send you straight past a United Servo with a good supply of Boost 98 which my t loves. See you all there. Muzza.
  25. Look out for those queers up there Rob (Eugene & Muzza) - but then again they'd be "right up your alley" Tab Tab Tab what are going to do with you??? You must be missing us already?You know your more than welcome to come to Newcastle Tab & if you want you can do the BBQing at the dyno day. Muzza.
×
×
  • Create New...