-
Posts
750 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by bdennis
-
alxr6t, Here are a few general rules for ya. - It depends on what you want.... The more mega pixels the better - Can get the pics blown up at a camera shop on photo paper. You need at least 3Mega pixels for A3 The more OPTICAL zoom the better. - I would suggest min 3x. Forget the digial zoom. It gets blocky real quick. Supplied Memory - For a 3M or 4m camera I would make sure you option her up to at least 128Mb (4Mpixel cam x 128Mb card = 53 pics) Battery - Make sure you get HiMH or NiMH - Last longer Menu System - You really need to try them and see. Write down what you want - zoom, size etc and go shopping! Shop around - Go to the camera shops. Get them to show you the ins and outs. Keep a clear head, write stuff down and then once you have made up your mind - Shop On Line!!! Read reviews. Alot of it comes down to preference.... I purchased a Samsung V4 ($800 - 12 months ago) for the following reasons: Easy to use. Heaps of Manual over rides - like the SLR 4 Mega pixel 3 x Digital zoom - After using it would prefer more but still happy. Battery options - It came with a NiMH battery with car charger, 240v charger plus it will also take normal AA batteries, Rechargable AA batteries. So if I get stuck and run out of battery then I can just chuck in some normal old AA's and away she goes. (not many cameras do this!) Size - Fits in the hip pocket (just) - wifes bag USB port to computer SD Memory card - Relatively cheep memory / universal (heaps of other brands use it) / I had a 32Mb card from my Digital Video camera. Came with fairly good software - Not really a selling point as there is heaps of picture editors out there so dont buy a camera for the pic editor.. that's my 2c worth!!
-
If this is True.. Well done ford I say. Given the modular design of the interior it should be a sinch to install the Climate Ctrl in any car. Sounds like ford are listening to what the customer wants... Yeh!! If I had the option when I ordered mine I would have done the same.
-
Cool... Top stuff. Dont forget the sales bruchures Peter! 100% - So do we have a site booked? How many cars?
-
100%. So whats the plan. Meet at the Westgate Shell (outbound) at 8:00am to leave at 8:15. Arrive in North Geelong around 8:45 and leave at 9:00. Are we meeting the Geelong boys at FoMoCo or Bunnings? FoMoCo may be a better place (thinking of photo opertunities). Do you want to update the first post on this page. How many people have confirmed? Just some other general info. They have food stalls there on the day (typical show ground vans - read oily / not cheep!) So I suggest filling the esky with plenty of drink and food to make the day economical and fun! Dont forget to bring the fold up chair (and a large free standing beach umbrella - if you have one).
-
I'll also come for the day to see what's cookin.. So count me in.
-
Come on Esky... Look at what weve got.... The FORD plant where the gult car of the 20th and 21st century was born. (read XY GT HO Phase III and XR6 Turbo) All the best sporting locations in Australia. (F1 GP, The "G") Much more interesting weather than boring old Brisy. Better freeways /road infrastructure than most / all. What more can I say...
-
jetute I just had mine replaced. (Auto) I had a crown wheel & pinion. noises at 100ks plus clunking on hard left or right plus a shunt when droping into first. The dealer arranged for a guy from BTR to come for a spin and he approved the replacement. In talking to one of the mechanics he advised that they have had a Xr6T with a stuffed diff from the factory so replaced it pre delivery to the customer. my 2cents worth!
-
Guys, I just droped into the dealer and they adjusted a "plastic" weight on the tail shaft by 90deg. It seems to have made a small difference but I am not 100% convinced that it is completely fixed. I plan to test over the next few days and then go back if it is not right. (Mine had a new diff centre last week).
-
Fantasic! I want one..! (yeh dream on!)
-
Snap!.. Mine is the same. My speedo is 5-6Ks over the avg speed display I also confirmed this by going past a few of the speed indicator boards we have in speeding fine city! So I compenssate for this and drive at 5Ks over (when in >90K/h zones.)
-
Guys, here is a new one.. I have done 42,000ks in my Auto XR6T. Late last week I had the Diff replaced due to crown wheel and pinion noises and low speed full lock clunking. Now when I am doing 90+ these seems to be a vibration through the car. It is almost audible. I initaly thought that they may have nocked one of the weights off one of the wheels thus causing a vibration but they seem to be still there... Is it possible that they have got the tail shaft out of Phase, or the drive axels from the diff to the wheels out of phase?.. I will be calling them today to arrange for them to relook at it..! Will keep you posted..
-
100%..., Guys, OK so. If we plan to get to FoMoCo by 8:45 and leave by 9:00am. It is approx 60Ks from the Westgate to Geelong. Assuming that we stick to the 100K/h limit it will take us 35-40min. How about a Easties decide on a meeting point and meet the Westies at the Shell service station on the outbound side of the westgate bridge at 8:00am to leave at 8:15am. (For the Westies this may be better than the ring road...) Can one of the Easties advise a meeting place?? - Narrie Warren? or do we just stick with the on place at Shell on the Westgate? So how about it.. Does that sound like a plan??
-
Mate.. Wouldn't it be better for all of us to run down the hwy to Geelong all together from Melbourne as one big happy familyand then meet up with the Geelong boys (as per above) and then head for Dekin Uni? (How long does it take to get down there these days?)
-
100%, Im still in! Happy to meet on the W/Ring road for the westies. Lets start talking times etc.. If we want to go as a group then I think we should let them know how many cars etc so they can set aside a place for us. (where is the site banner??) Looking at their site gates open at 8:00am and general public from 10:00am So I am guessing that we should lob in Geelong by 9:30. So that would mean we would need to leave McD's on the W/Ring by 8:30-8:45 and the easties would need to leave the warren by 8:00am.. So are you up for it?? It IS a top day. I went ALL day last year.!! Lets get this puppy on the road!
-
Falchoon, Mate. I used my mobile to connect to the net while I was away. As per the info above. It only runs at 9.6k. Apart from draging in the odd email it is not useable for surfing this or any other site. Emergency use only..
-
Wicksy, Yep sure did. It was around the 18th of October. Do you live there??
-
Ive seen a few on the Westrern Ring road. There was a Silver (no not HaAg!) one this week. Looked the goods. I have put my name down at the local for a test spin when they get a pre release one. All we need is the Turbo Terry and away we go!
-
Sorry guys. I just realised.. I do not have the colour CHART but a list of the available colours (in words). Do you still want it??
-
100%.. Sh!t yeh.. It is a long as your arm.. I have some of the older ones. I will scan to PDF and put it up here for all to see if you like..
-
Hmm.. Nope, not for me.
-
Guys, I get the Ford Service guys to put Mobile 1 in mine so I expect that they will put the correct viscosity in it for me. After my long trip (very hot days heavy load etc) the car did not use any oil and the colour was just like the day it was put in after 15,000km. So I plan to keep using the Mobile 1 stuff...
-
Guys, I have a theory on this issue.... so sit back and relax and let me take you on a little trip.. While on the big lap (total distance 20,000KM and 30,000L of fuel) I did not have any issues with dirty or crappy fuel. While heading out of Perth heading east I needed to fuel up. Just before pulling into the fuel station (Mobil) I receivde a phone call (on the hands free set in the car). It was for the wife and was an important call so I pulled up to the station and left the ignition in accessories and not off (as per usual). I hear you say that is not a good idea etc.. (Yes know) But anyway. After filling up I left the station to notice that the fuel guage had not moved and the DTE was up the creek as well. After 200Ks it was about where I expected it to be. This has only happened once and only once in the 12 months I have owned it. So my theory is that: Did the fuel sender get confused as the car electrics was still "on"and stuff things up. Even if I stoped and turned the ignition to Off and back on again it would not come right. It "could" be the cause of the once off nature of this issue. Have any of you that have seen this possibly left the car on acc so others can listen to the radio / CD or open windows etc (Yes I know the car has a keyless radio system)... My 2c....
-
I think they should go back to the good old days where you could order ANY colour you wanted... Esp. for high end cars like the GT / GTP. Make them more unigue.! If you get the chance, have a look at the XB colour chart. It has about 25 colours on it and then you could still option a spec colour if you wanted...
-
Richdave, Looks like a good idea for the next run in Vic... Can we get a bunch of cars together as a group and join the other clubs and put on a display???
-
YCL, I do not find the 3000a's noisy nor were the FM901's. Both a good al round tyre in my book.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.