Jump to content

Mac Daddy

Member
  • Posts

    103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mac Daddy

  1. Happy Birthday Mac Daddy!

  2. Happy Birthday Mac Daddy!

  3. I had the exact same problem recently and I replaced the tps. Everything is now as it should be. Very common fault in these cars too.
  4. thanks for all the great comments, the fake wall is flush with the drop off to the tire well and goes from edge to edge obviously and looks very tidy up close. and yeh it has speaker level input and 3 sets of rca outs and the sound uality is fantastic. Mac
  5. I used the alpine hub which is about 1300 with wiring loom, the only problem you will have with two subs is finding enough space for two enclosures large enough to produce a really good low end, imho you are better off spnding more on one good sub and getting the box perfect for one rather than close for two if you get what I mean. thanks for all the comments. Mac
  6. looks good, one question though, why are you going to get a phoon cai and filter if you have ordered a pod filter? the pod filter setup would not be recommended by many as the stock setup would out perform this due to the hot air that the od filter would be inducting. stick with the stock setup and throw the phoon cai and k&n or bmc filter in it, there are a lot of guys one here including myself producing over 300rwkw with this setup. Mac
  7. looks good, one question though, why are you going to get a phoon cai and filter if you have ordered a pod filter? the pod filter setup would not be recommended by many as the stock setup would out perform this due to the hot air that the od filter would be inducting. stick with the stock setup and throw the phoon cai and k&n or bmc filter in it, there are a lot of guys one here including myself producing over 300rwkw with this setup. Mac
  8. yeh I installed it myself, the ipod interface is great and absolutely no engine noise which use to annoy me. install is very straight forward with a moderate understanding of car electronics. Mac
  9. thanks ghia, I also have the vehicle hub pro and some focal speakers up front so far. Mac
  10. thanks, yeh spare is still easy to get to. and yeh I will get a lid liner one day when I remember to bloody order it when im at ford. Mac
  11. well I think I have finally got the boot looking how I want it and I am happy.... for now lol. Let me know what you all think Mac
  12. hi mate im 20 and am now driving my second t. I payed 2300 last year to insure my t and this year it was 1650 purely for being with them under comprehensive for 12 months with no claims, I agree with others saying they are not a cheap car to run and especially so if modded and to be honest if you cant afford that insurance then I seriously wouldnt consider modifying it, with just cars it wont change the cost of your insurance but there a a lot of costs involved in modifing these cars. just cars have been fantasic with me so far and I seriously doubt if you will find it cheaper anywhere else. Mac
  13. generally the lower the impedance the more efficient the speaker will sound at lower volumes, but if your going to listen to it cranked then the more unstable the system becomes and the more likely for something to blow. also make sure the power ratings all match up at 8 or 6 as lowering the impedance on the amp will generally increase the rms output rating. Mac
  14. Mac Daddy

    R/c Cars

    so you all know I am just about to post up a hpi rs4 3 with 400 bucks worth of digital servos and futaba 3pks fully synthesised digital radio for sale all less than three months old with everything need to get running. all receipts provided for warranty. mac
  15. definately worth the upgrade no questions about it. Mac
  16. hi mate I had mine done at exotic eshaust at sumner park, 4 inch dump, 3.5 inch cat, rear muffler removed and two 3 inch tips for 1100 all in stainless. there work is brilliant and they build the system to exactly what you want, my exhaust is currently holding over 300kw atw and I am very happy with it. Cheers mac
  17. sorry guys also noticed in my first post I stated the figures in rwkw which was a mistake on my part, the cars are tuned to 290-295 fwkw. Mac
  18. most government cars are decomissioned after 30k on the clock but the highway cars are actually regularly serviced and are generally used for 60k unless written off like some of the monaros. but yeh I would expect to see them at auction in 12 months or so. on the story of the cars being modded I can vouch for the fact they are now. I spoke to the man I know with all the info yesterday about how true it was and his response was along the lines of 10 years ago the difference between your family car or police car and a street machine in hp wasnt all that great and the advantage could be reduced by pure numbers of police on the roads then. now fast forward to today with 400-500rwhp cars out and about with younger and younger drivers things needed to be done. the drivers actually go through an 8 month course before being assigned to one of these cars now as well. the funniest part of his explanation was the fact that the main reason that all of this was approved was actually greater fuel economy overall. Cheers mac
  19. the police actually bought 12 of these in a hit as they are replacing all the monaros, police vehicles have limited life span and are lucky to be serviced rather than sold off. after the life span of the typhoons they will then be purchasing Expensive Daewoo or mitsubishi as they must spread fleet purchases between all three aus manufacturers now as well as every other government business such as telstra etc. they are all modified with a similar unit to edit produced by ford specifically for the purpose and are tuned to approximately 290-295rwkw at there albion mechanical depot. they are also fitted with hi performance air filters and that's about it until they go to eagle farm and are completely decked out with all the police tech gear. all 12 now patrol regularly between bundaberg and tweed with four teams being employed for each car to keep the cars on the road almost 24/7. cheers mac
  20. thanks phoon. yeh but your ride has abit more bling under the hood then mine at the moment. Cheers Mac
  21. yeh mate dual 3 inch tips. the flaps dont make a great deal of difference to the appearance to me but do save a lot of dirt from being spat onto the car Cheers Matt
  22. I have been considering it but I had no badges on my last car and cant decide what I prefer. I dont wanna take them off then decide I want them on. lol. any ideas on where to mount an xbox 360? cheers mac
  23. thanks t007, and thanks to everyone so far for the comments. any ideas for improvement?
  24. its actually shockwave but it does appear very blueprintish doesnt it? mac
  25. thanks jet, it does look a little different in fless I reckon I just cant figure out what it is exactly. and no I dont have a side on shot at the moment but they are dub esinem wheels. not everyones taste but I like them.
×
×
  • Create New...