Jump to content

Mac Daddy

Member
  • Posts

    103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mac Daddy

  1. thanks, I have tried to keep it kinda stock appearance, it has 315rwkw and 939 nm of torque so it goes pretty well, im still to put a dvd player in and I am going to get one of the carbon fibre interior kits, lower it a little more and dress the engine bay up a little. after that I think I might finally say its done.
  2. thanks baboon
  3. haha, I took the turbo badge off, it was grabbing a little too much attention for my liking when combined with my age. its suprising how little I get pulled up for a license and rego check now compared to when the car had a turbo badge. I spose they must have thought I was a young hoon haha
  4. just some fancy terminals with a voltage readout.
  5. just a few pics of the t I took because I was bored, its coming along and I am hoping to stop spending money on it shortly haha.
  6. hey trough you could have if you were right but no it was from northfield in qld and in answer to adams idea, the 12 inch sub wouldnt fit in the centre with the lump from the stock sub. I have just recieved my new alpine vehicle hub pro and wiring kit and will hopefulle get a chance to install this weekend but ill see how I go. Thanks Matt
  7. no probs savage. I am just very impressed with the product and service I was given. thanks for all your help mal and ben. by the way is ben still around or has anthony finally gone mad and got rid of him? Cheers Matt
  8. it is very easy to do, but in hindsight may I sugest putting the tweeters in the door as they sound way too sharp when mounted in the pillar, I have heard three ba xr6 cars done like this and one with the tweeters mounted in the adaptor panel in the door and it sounded much more natural. Cheers Matt
  9. ben and mal are the only two guys that have ever done work on my driveline and besides one or two minor problems that have been fixed promptly I have had no issues, noises, clunks etc since. I think I have had just about every product so far made by mwa for the t56 fitted and to be honest it was money well worth spending, maybe even the best dollars I have spent on the car as it makes it so much more enjoyable to drive, but I really think this is the way it should be from factory for a 50k new car. I dont know if anyone wants to know but I have had the mal wood short shifter fitted for a bit over 3000ks now and it is great, it may require a little more effort than factory but I didnt notice it and if you honestly found it too hard to shift then you probably shouldnt be driving a sports car. the biggest improvement I found was the return of the stick to centre with the hd springs they use in the short shifter, this makes 2-3 and 4-5 and vice versa shifts an absolute no brainer and the box feels tighter and the shifts are very positive and far superior to stock and just as good if not better than anything else I have used and this includes the other big name shifter out there that I wont mention but im sure most of you know. I am another customer that has nothing but praise for mal and ben and would reccomend them to anyone. Cheers Matt
  10. ok I have bought the panasonic gs500 video camera and the pansonic lumix tz7 digital still camera, havnt got to use them yet but they seem to be very good. Cheers Matt
  11. hi guys just wondering if anyone in the know can recoomend a good digi cam and a good video camera out there. I need the vid cam to be mini dv apparently. budgeting around 2-2500 for the both. Cheers mac
  12. yeh mate I got one. pm with what your willing to pay and we can go from there, it is the complete assembly and was only on for 7000ks. cheers matt
  13. im with terebro an d highly recommend them, I am using exactly the same amps. the sub is the 12 inch eclipse aluminium sub which im not exactly sure on specs but its big and powerful and real punchy, the fronts that I used are from focal and the model of them is the 165 k2p. the sub I think rrp is about 500 and the focals are about 800 or so. great sounding system considering it is all used through the stock head unit cheers matt
  14. sounds great, I installed a new set of splits in the front at the same time, it all needs to run in a little but sounds much better than stock already, I also still need to remove to stock sub to let a bit more bass in to the cabin but that's for another day.
  15. this is the results of my efforts this weekend, came up alright for the amount of alcahol consumed whilst building it all. I think it looks good, and it all lights up and glows blue at night haha, I feel like such a ricer! Cheers matt
  16. Mac Daddy

    Alpine

    it is already available now and will be 999 for the whole lot for the ba falcon. your local alpine delaer should be able to order it in
  17. I have done a few aftermarket stereos in the ba xr6 t and have a method that fixes the noise each and every time for me. every signal cable is done with twisted pair and wrapped in aluminium foil and I make sure you have a true earthing loc and the best I have found is the alpine one, I am also waitin to see the new alpine vehicle hub made specifically for the ba which will iclude video inputs and outputs, 3 sets of audio rca to send signal from oem system to aftermarket amps and more, and best part is it should be under a grand. thanks matt
  18. ok ben thanks for the advice, and thanks for the clutch too, never got the chance to say so on saturday. cheers matt
  19. ok well I think my best option will be to get this fixed under warranty for now and if it repaets itself then I might look at aftermarket ones thanks guys matt
  20. is there anyone on here running upwards of 320 that do not hae any prolems with cv joints as I am thinking it may be a lucky dip with the cvs the same as every other part on these cars cheers matt
  21. the kit is 2995 from autobarn which is a little over priced and installing them yourself isnt too difficult if your average with mechanical things in general cheers matt
  22. mal wood told me it was on te way out and to get it replaced asap as it is about to go and sh*t itself
  23. mine vibrates from the motor at idle, useless really
  24. but it will probably just keep on breaking. so I thought I would just fix it once and fix it properly, but I cannot find anyone that makes a heavy duty cv for the t thanks matt
  25. cheers goobz, ill give em a go but if there designed for bcl then I am gueesing they will be far more than I need and damn expensive thanks matt
×
×
  • Create New...