Jump to content

IH8TOADS

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    3,618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by IH8TOADS

  1. Yeah ive seen Lovells on "driftn xr"'s XR8 and the thing was low. I reckon lower than the kings everyone here has posted. But XXXR6T, XR6OT, cobramad etc will confirm if its just me!! but he had 18's and the rubber was under the guards.......probably too low for my liking as im used to running over stuff/animals in the 4be. Lovells were 290 for parts and have seen kings on ebay for 220 as well. Has anyone fitted the springs themselves. Im thinking of doing this and mate has spring compressors etc. Was it hard with the suspension set up??
  2. Haahaaa.......I had a similar thing last year, I ended up staying home and sitting in front of the TV all day drinking!!! I almost regret doing it as I still get $hit from the girlfriend about it!!! good old edit button when ya cant spell.
  3. Intake is rad!!!
  4. I dont think any XR6T owner would talk $hit about a typhoon!!! They are worth the extra cos they are the real thing........just too pricey for us XR6T owners so we have to build ours over time in the hunt for performance and looks!!!! Which is not bad and should not be frowned upon!!!! Cheers.
  5. Awesome, hows the new clutch?? lighter than the satandard 6sp I bet!!
  6. I dont understand what rushed6 was saying or even if he was taking the pi$$ out of wogs. I hope he wasnt in a bad way, cos I have quite a few wog mates that I wakeboard with and they are the funniest buggers ever, they are full wogs and I take the pi$$ a fair bit, but they no I would never actually be serious cos they are total legends. Go the wogs!!! Horse head in the bed......that's pi$$ funny.
  7. Only 3500 nice........ Yeah I should hit 6000km's with my 6sp April 05 T on my way home tonight!!! and 3000 on the current engine!!! Your T should have just settled down in terms of gearbox stiffness, fuel economy etc. What colour is the ute and what part of Perth do you reside? What did you do with the old clutch??
  8. Keep us posted in the Whoop Ass Wed post youngy....I bet there's a few of us who would be keen to catch up and check out your run at MP. All the best and sounds like you done a fair bit this yr being a 05 build!!!!
  9. Time to close this thread!!!! Ninka you tried and thanks for showing us all....Might just have to show us Perth lads, and forget about the negative personalities.
  10. I WISH!!!! Extreme F6 "Extreme Ford Tuning". Simon's phoon managed to break the dyno straps at Burswood a while back. That should bust out some good times in the future??
  11. Goobz......correct. Diesels cant be fitted with BOV's so another way to make noise out of them is to shorten the inlet track and install a less restrictive filter. I did this on my diesel 4be and it used to tick and flutter on acceleration and then hiss when you come off the juice......sounded very amusing. Chris F6 the spring tention in the standard valve is quite strong. Its the design of the BOV that causes venting all the time. I just did another post on this so my fingers are getting sore and my brain going to sleep!!! cheers.
  12. No rboksic, their is a spring that holds the piston closed......but its not just the piston that holds the valve closed, its also boost that acts on the piston through that little tube that enters from above (that's a way of measuring boost and vacuum that im taling about). Theirfore under acceleration the turbo is producing boost and therefore their is equal boost acting from below and above the BOV and the spring HELPS keep the valve closed. Because the std valve is vacuum operated, as soon as you come of the gas and the throttle body closes, the valve is forced to open under vacuum conditions. The spring tension in the std valve is actually quite strong. When free revved at idle my BOV is dead quiet and is also preety quiet when driving normally as the boost forced out through the plumb back hole that is positioned below the trumpet hole. With the std valve you will be making noise as soon as you come off the gas at any speed (I assume) due to the design. Bain I suggest to check if the top little hose is connected firmly. Id say if your connections are tight the valve will be doing that when plumbed back, you just cant here it. With an aftermarket design you wont have that noise as it will be still plumbed back until you give her some $hit. Hope the above explaination can help. Cheers all.
  13. Far out, some harse calls there!! Thing is Ninkas cars a beast, is personalised, is auto and there is no bloody reason to criticise anything he has done. I agree Steve, critical opinions should be welcomed but full negative replies should be kept to yourself!! Its not even a typhoon colour for crying out loud.....keep up the good work Ninka and still looking forward to seeing it!!
  14. I double dare ya!!!!
  15. Oh yeah I paid $1200 or $1300 with SGIO. I have also crashed 3 cars and been in more accidents. and didnt have a licence when I bought my T. It was also more expensive to insure a 2004 T, than my 2005.
  16. Im 24 and wondering which Bank you guys robbed to own a T at 20 and 21. The bank robbed me and owns a 1/4 of mine!!!
  17. Champ, thanks mate looks good. Nice wheels too.
  18. Great job steve, looks great.
  19. And is the bov open at idle NO , so can it suck air ! it closes while the manifold is still under pressure due to the spring in thr bov. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Trust me, get a boost gauge (with vaccum) and connect it up to the back of the BOV. I'll bet you tickets to the ALF grand final that the engine will operate under vacuum. Take the standard bosch valve off and have a look at the design. Because it is fitted in reverse it is vacuum operated only (ie boost operates against the side of the piston). If the piston was to move up even slightly, air will enter or leave the BOV. Because of this design, at idle the engine DOES operate at vacuum (stick your finger in the BOV and check for yourself - I havent and I could just be making a di(k of myself here!!!) and therefore opens the BOV slightly and unfiltered air is sucked into the engine. Aftermarket BOVs (eg turbosmart - dual port Kompact) are designed so that the plumb back hole is located below the atmospheric hole. That way under vacuum conditions at idle, the piston only moves enough to expose the plumb back hole and suck air from the filtered intake tract (if adjusted correctly that is!!) Anyways, you guys do have a good idea and im sure a small amount of unfiltered air is not going to hurt too much. Put a K&N rocker cover filter on (should fit straight over) if you are really concerned. Cheers guys.
  20. Haaaa..........sorry cant identify the driver!!!
  21. Yup got the ricey BOV and the ricey fully-sic-subwoooofer. But really who cares......I enjoy myself.
  22. Gooday mate, sounds good.....did you remove the brake dust plates (hope so)!!! I understand if you didnt because of the rust they hide, but I was thinking of removing the rust somehow and painting the rusty part of the rotors black........or just buy some DBA rotors. What did you do about the rusty side of life?
  23. Well Im not a big fan of chrome anymore (but im still a small fan), but am seriously considering some white rims as I have a black MKII T. Im not a big fan off powder coating my MKII mags in white (because of style), but I reakon something like the AU T3 T series mags in white would be sweeet!!! Bain the stealth idea is would be cool for something different. I also have a set of 2002 Mustang cobra wheels which would look mint in white on a black T. Im considering powder coating these white if they fit on?? havent tried fitting them yet.
  24. Just inquired about Kings lowered springs and found out that KFFL57 are the standard replacement (dont lower) and the KFRL68SSL do lower the rears. Just confirming this as I have heard of people lowering their T with these springs, and the car has not actually lowered at the front. Was quoted $420 from coventrys for parts??? what the???
  25. You can powder coat wheels. Old man had a black XR8 with black powder coated wheels and it looked mint....full stealth machine.
×
×
  • Create New...