Jump to content

NathanB

Member
  • Posts

    136
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NathanB

  1. Should be an Srs airbag logo embossed on the trim plastic to let you know not to obstruct it
  2. Not yet I'm going to ask when I ring up about booking it in for a tune once I get the xcal.
  3. Cheers I'll look into that. [emoji2]
  4. Thanks guys appreciate the reply's looks like I'm on the hunt now for some id's. Anywhere in particular I should be looking to buy them from?
  5. Hey so I wanted to know everyone's opinions on the Siemens injectors. My car currently has 60lb Dekas and I was told by Nizpro they weren't the best but do an OK job. (ie. Act like a fire hose down low and then normally up high) Has anyone has issues with these or are they OK? And what are people's feedback. I don't yet have an aftermarket fuel pump or surge setup, emphasis on yet as that may happen down the line (but not for a long time). But as I am going to have to get the car tuned soon anyways would there be any reason to swap them out before that happens? Cheers, Nathan
  6. Second the O2 sensor.
  7. Wow did not know about any of that. I used a cheap eBay elm327 adapter with auto off etc and paid for torque pro and it was good but didn't seem to be reading things correctly like temps and boost etc. Then I bought a scan tool obdlink MX and haven't looked back. It reads everything correctly and runs self checks and even gives me more info about the car itself. Always quick to connect and is accurate (as far as I can tell, confirmed by last dyno run). Using to keep an eye on timing and fuel trims and temps before I can get the car retuned. Just FYI I may have found a golden goose but got a guy sending me an xcal4 at a very good price. Cheaper than an xcal3 I was about to pull the trigger on. I'll keep you all posted. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  8. Lol! Mattyp is there anything else I should look into. Always thought they were the go but I'm only getting one because that's what Nizpro is going to use to tune the car. Yeah keeping a keen eye on gumtree at the moment. That's where these are both from. Been asking for screenshots too and most can't provide them or just sell them locked. I rang herrod and they said they don't unlock them anymore they just exchange them for $350 however I emailed SCT and they unlock them for $150 so I just don't want the hassle of having to send it off etc. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  9. So related to my post about my car I am in need of an xcal 3 or 4. I have two offers I can look at and am wanting people in the know to give me the pros and cons. Two options are unlocked and only used once (unmarried with 4 uses left each) xcal3 for $400 or xcal4 for $500. What are the reasons for getting a 4 over a 3 apart from the digital gauges and extra spaces for tunes? What do you think is better value? Bearing in mind that brand new from herrod an xcal4 is $670. Or wait for a cheaper xcal3 to turn up as I have seen them sell for cheaper unlocked. Cheers, Nathan Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  10. NathanB

    My XR6 Turbo

    Yeah spot on that's basically what I'm doing. Few guys in Vic have some going second hand for an xcal3 about $300 unmarried and Nizpro said $1150 for a tune. Yeah mechanic said it was fine and I don't blame him for a bad tune but the workshop (performance workshop lol) were the ones who corroborated the mods and tune and said it was bulletproof etc and made about 280-290. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  11. NathanB

    My XR6 Turbo

    Yeah couldn't agree more. Silly me thought because I kind of knew the people that were selling it and also rang the workshop/owner/tuner and he confirmed everything that he wouldn't have cocked it up and done a bad job. Oh well live and learn I guess ha Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  12. NathanB

    My XR6 Turbo

    Good info I had no idea. definitely going to go new then I think. Ps thanks for fixing the link
  13. NathanB

    My XR6 Turbo

    Cheers for all the late night replies...I'm searching now for prices on xcals and honestly its pretty bare unless I look at one from the states which wouldnt save me that much either. I'll probably go brand new through Nizpro. photos for those interested album
  14. NathanB

    My XR6 Turbo

    My XR6 Turbo - A 2007 BF MkII (07 build date) sedan I bought this car recently thinking I got lucky and had found a winner after looking for a couple of months. It just so happened that my usual mechanic knew the guys who were selling it and it made me feel at ease. I trusted what everyone said and even had my mechanic check it out just to be sure. It felt great and I couldn't fault it...until now. I thought I had done my research but just when I thought everything was sweet I decided to just be extra sure and get a second opinion. Just to give some background I was told the car had certain mods and they all seemed legit and logical as I was told by the performance workshop who last worked on/tuned/modified/serviced the car that the owner was anal retentive and wanted the car to be reliable which I believed even though there were no receipts/dyno sheets to be seen. So I decided to bite the bullet and see someone who knows a little bit about xr6 turbos in the form of Nizpro here in melb. Couldn't be more pleased with the service and knowledge the guys have on tap and are also really upfront and friendly. They put the car on the dyno for me and they also checked a couple of things and lo and behold what did they find but a sh*tty tune and mods that I have been told are more of the budget orientation. I was pretty disappointed at first but then really happy because the $225 I spent on getting the guys to look at it for me may have just saved me the cost of a new motor/turbo. To give you an idea of how bad things can get - the car made 260rwkw (I was told it was making ~280rwkw so that's forgivable...kinda) it was pulling down to 1 degree of timing and the fuel trims were pegged at the maximum which I was told was 30%. Not only that but the car at 12psi had lamda values going from .95ish heading linearly down through the revs to around .70. I was told "It's pinging its head off and I don't want to do another power run". So the moral of the story is to not trust anyone (at least not without proof like me) and have things checked by people in the know. Needless to say I think Nizpro have won me over as a permanent customer from here on in. So what's next? Well an Xcal4 and a new tune is first with possibly other little things depending on what Steve recommends/thinks. However buying a house is happening almost as we speak so no/low boost for me below 4000rpm grandma driving until I can sort the new tune and xcal out. Really can't speak highly enough of the service I got from Nizpro (Simon and Dave) from the email response to talking me through everything wrong with the mods/tune for what I want out of the car. I have no-one but myself to blame but hey we all live and learn. Can post pics of the car if anyone is interested/cares. This forum is going to be like a second home for me I think until I'm happy with the car. Cheers, Nathan P.S. Would also love to hear peoples thoughts on where to purchase an xcal4 from either from Nizpro or used or from somewhere else like online as I'd rather do it sooner rather than later.
  15. Just saw toxic green xr6t with plates aaz 044 sounded mint. On princess hwy as I was heading home. Didn't bother had enough road presence to know I was beaten before I even saw it. Lol Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  16. thanks for all the replies and also @MurdoK for the detailed info. That's exactly what I wanted to hear, so I know my car isn't going to spontaneously combust when it leans out and pulls timing and kills throttle lol. being in Melbourne I had fun the other day and compared a corner I normally take (off camber up hill etc.) with the same corner in the wet and wow, without the TC it loves to get sideways with ANY throttle much more than my S14 used to which is surprising. I was amazed at how driveable the TC makes the car when just trying to commute on sh*tty wet roads on the way to work. And I have noticed that it does 'give up' after you give it a hard time in first and sometimes second especially on a cold night. Does it actually stop trying if it goes solid after giving it a really hard time or does it just stay on momentarily to let you know it WAS on.I can't tell as my car isn't powerful enough to test it. Also; I'm assuming the BF has a similar setup to the FG in terms of function? Is that correct or is that only true for FG's where it will do more than just brake the spinning wheels? Thanks for the help guys, loving the forum so far
  17. Yeah that's why I'd love someone that is familiar with the system to shed some light. I couldn't imagine that would be enjoyable in your car@camo86T. I feel like there should be a limit to its capabilities before it nukes your driveline or something breaks. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  18. Haha yeah me too.[emoji14] Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  19. Yeah my car is running somewhere in the range of 280-290rwkw and even now I can't see it being a good thing grabbing in first and second when it's trying to let loose on the stock 18's. Only just tried turning it off and the car feels happier being able to spin the wheels abit whilst gaining traction. I can only imagine having the power to light the tyres in third that the traction must just want to grab its briefcase, coat and hat and walk out yelling 'you're on your own' Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  20. Hey first time post etc etc. I did a quick search and couldn't find the info I was after and hoping someone can enlighten me. Just bought my first xr6 turbo and have been wondering what exactly happens when the traction control engages? I'm assuming it has something to do with pulling power and possibly rear brakes/zf auto getting involved but wanted to know what goes on in more detail. Want to know more mainly just because I'm curious. Also is there a power limit above which it would be detrimental to your car to have traction control turned on if you're say running above 350-400rwkw ( I'm not but would be good to know for the future) Cheers for any info, Nathan Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  21. That's sad to hear man. I'd messaged him before it sounded pretty good but I never went to look at it. Good thing you did your due diligence and checked thoroughly otherwise you would've had a bad time. Good luck on the hunt! Some nice g6e turbos out there too! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  22. Haha soon then honeymoon interstate so we don't get any attention. That's super strange. Thanks man yeah has anyone had any experience with JSI automotive? They're the people that did the pre existing work on this one. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  23. wow that's weird haha, picking up mine on wednesday and then hoping to get it dyno'd to see what it is making from previous owners mods etc. for those of you playing at home this is the car http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3871307
  24. wow @CYAMTE just put a deposit down on a BF myself and was actually looking at this car recently. Hope it's a winner was definitely high on my list and I've been looking for a month or two now. good luck
×
×
  • Create New...