Jump to content

GTEXXED

Banned
  • Posts

    910
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GTEXXED

  1. I have hit 124.3mph using 350rwkw(pump premium) and a slipping and not engaging 3rd gear,should go 126+mph when sorted.BA Falcon though.
  2. pics of new clearance issues etc.
  3. I am a qualified Chef but the last 3 years I have been looking after my mum with day to day tasks etc.I cooked for 6 years,had my own business for 2 years with a private contract and hourly rate delivering for Direct Interiors at Greenacres but yeah the last 3 have been looking after the lady that brought me into this world,wouldn't wish what she has on my worst enemy....the least I can do for I think:).I also do the dad thing during the days when needed as the other half works part time.I don't have an official job but I still manage to be fairly busy. We will hopefully have our first house paid off here in Enfield in 6 months and some $$$$ will be freed up somewhat,I have an idea to get my own small electrical business as I enjoy this stuff.Due to the hours cheffing I/we don't like the idea of it as I still have family to look after at the end of the day and these hours suck balls.
  4. Have someone offer to out new clutch packs through the BTR for nothing.
  5. Nope,just a little less engine braking. I will do a go pro of it tomorrow. Put it this way,I now have no need to manual shift and have a button on my steering wheel to engage the mod,this also engages 2nd gear and then shifts into 3rd in D at 5800rpm....perfect for my combo rpm wise. I will make a video of the new procedure I go through to do the 1/4 mile.This mod will not be used on the street as it will not go back to 1st by itself once solenoids are switched off to stop the slip. basically I leave with it turned off so she is in 1st,switch the mod on and it engages 2nd instantly and then slams 3rd itself at 5800rpm lol,I think its cool.Cost me 80c.
  6. My Walbro was all done with at 333rwkw,were other ways to get more out of it but don't roll like that.Just adding the surge tank with no tune had the car going better everywhere.
  7. PM SCTC your interest and see what happens.The ZF hasn't been looked at yet but the same principals may apply.
  8. Booooooom Baby! Got the solenoid mod to work and now have WOT with crisp changes in each gear.I have made it variable to some degree also. The BA computer is much smarter so had to work around this.
  9. I have nailed it,allot of work involved and testing for that matter.It is not set up the same way as E series etc as you cant do it that way. I got WOT into 3rd and she pulled hard.TurboTorana I wont kiss your arse as I had to do allot of other testing also to make it work....I will shake ya hand though lol. Cheers!
  10. If it was only this black and white,I can see the frustration though.We went through the same thing when we had our first boy 9 rears ago,well I mean maybe thought some of the same things.
  11. OK,got this working to some degree.The car takes off in 2nd gear now and wont even go back to 1st if manually selected.It is shifting harder into 3rd though,only a tiny bit of slip. Any thoughts,I know if line pressure is raised via sct or S5 is cranked to much the car will take off in 2nd gear. What I did was find the wires at computer end and splice the wires into the resistors and then put the other side of resistors to 12v,I have no limp mode flashing and 1st will come up on display but just wont select it.No 1st hasn't blown up lol.
  12. I have my laptop out their and read the weather live as I go each run,this is how I can state the weather conditions.What do you meen by third party form? I have shown my last meeting sheet with std converter in another thread but I will upload it again tonight,pics aren't on new laptop yet of old runs. Hows that head gasket going,she running on 5-6 cyl still,up for a heathcotte trip in the new year?
  13. Results from yesterday compared to std converter. Last meeting 23* and 15% humidity with 20kmh/r head winds. Car went 1.75 on the 60ft with 4psi of boost,she could only manage 1.9 lights as it wouldn't stall as quick.Boost was built when first yellow was lit up. This meeting with new converter,29* heat and 45% humidity with 40kmhr+ head winds. Car went 1.66 on the 60ft with 4psi of boost,she also cut a .570 light as it boost quicker under brakes.Boost was again built on drop of first yellow. Trying the solenoid mod as we speak.
  14. Up and in a tad bloke.I had to move mine twice as much as yours looks so you should be right.I had to bend the line that comes out of condenser also,its the thinner black one.
  15. Yep,they are winning.
  16. Needs more dish.
  17. You need to slowly bend the line out of the way,try and do it in one motion slowly as it reduces fatigue on the line.The line is rather thick but just do this as a precaution approach.
  18. I tried this with resistors but got limp mode in my BA. If someone can draw a diagram showing exactly where the dummy to earth taps in and goes to etc that would be great.Maybe I was reading the initial post incorrect. I have parts etc willing to try now if someone with more electrical knowledge can break it down for me like a wiring diagram that's labelled.I have located the two wires by finding the color with pan off and then smashing open that plastic conector to find the end of the wire,it changes color as it goes through the connector,its tricky.I bought a cd and Gregorys manual but were of no use. So yeah,ill guinea pig if someone can knock up a wiring diagram for me that taps into the two wires I have located that needs the resistors. Cheers.
  19. choice????
  20. Yep,I have shown she can 60ft well with low boost,well better than the std stall and with more room in it.I think my 1.75 with the std stall was getting to the best it could do without boiling the fluid a heap.This new converter flows allot better he said,I am slowly getting some more tech info from him. Due to selling a house next year some funds will will be their to build what ever I want,transbraked BTR anyone lol. I am just impatient and like to get the most out of what I have tbh,I think another trip to the strip will hurt the box to the tune where daily driving will be compromised a little.I will look at the cheaper fixes or bandaids if you will until then.
  21. Yeah I would have thought he would have wore some of the cost,not all of it but at least most of it.that's what happened to my built box,had the std stally put back in due to an issue and another mod wanted to be done to the aftermarket stally and pumped all the fins through the trans.
  22. Thankyou,reference points are good for him from people who have raced often. I will investigate what a set of new clutches will cost and see if the solenoid mod can be done,its purely the lack of line pressure from them under WOT as factory wants it making it slip,the actual parts in a turbo box are quite capeable I recon.I know a built box will fix it without this mod but it's worth a try as from info I have found earlier models with this mod have had 400rwkw put through them without slip,.either way it wont hurt. Did you ever have issues with your modified stall Jet as Sam got rid of the fella making them due to inconsistency,I don't remember you ever complaining about it?He has 2-3 in his shop cut open and I have seen first hand the damage inside made.He took my car for a drive the other day and definitely noticed the converter working more efficiently were his words.He is interested in speaking to the fella making them. Here is the timeslip,sorry for the poor quality but my scanner won't sink tself with my new computer.This run was against a fella with a Force6 from Mt Gambier that's also tuned by bruce.We had 6-7 seven cars from his stable out there from memory.
  23. Post #61 in this thread.Its also a 9" long K&N.http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/81201-3499rwkw-ba-gtx3582-auto/page__st__40#entry1291955
  24. Have a look at my thread,the intake was $140 dollars max using good parts.
×
×
  • Create New...