Jump to content

xrdreaming

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,693
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xrdreaming

  1. Very sad news guys,condolences to all involved. Too young by a long way.
  2. Yeah it is a pain, and we can all thank all of the oxygen thiefs that steal fuel for it. I know for a fact that my local servo docs the attendants pay for drive offs
  3. I know my wife would never move there. So I just asked her how much I would have to pay her as a divorce settlement if I won lotto.
  4. Also check your turbo housing and manifold bolts after the hoses mate.
  5. Azid Rush Posted Today, 10:48 PM fine mate hand out a threat im sorry It was not a threat mate, threats are for people who don't carry out thier intentions, but thanks for the apology. I am more than happpy to continue participating in this thread as long as it does not involve personal attacks. I realise that you are saying to let it idle for 30 seconds to clear the oil at idle speeds and that is fine. I have just never been a life or death situation where I have had to pull up and jump out of the car straight away. Even if you did do it every now and then the effects would be negligable. I am pushing 20psi + boost and over 400rwkw in my ute and have done 110,000km (It has been modded since it had 5,000km on the clock) have never run a turbo timer and my turbo has not failed due to me not having one, I have turned the engine off straight away a few times I suppose. If it has not happened on mine that is a good indication that it won't happen to may members here.
  6. Mate I never got personal with you at any time during this thread, I posted facts and never once had a go at you. If anything I was trying to make the point the Sasha was incorrect in stating the Garrett turbos do not thermo-siphon. It is not my fault that a lot of people agree with me that turbo timers are rice on these cars. IF EVERYONE IS SAYING ONE THING AND YOU ARE SAYING ANOTHER THEN WE ARE NOT ALL PARROTS, YOU ARE JUST WRONG, GET OVER IT, IT HAPPENS. You have taken it upon yourself to wage a one man war on anyone who dares question you. I will log the water temps and prove my point that 30 seconds ater idle the temps don't rise very much at all. After driving as you pull up they would be about 90-100C and they won't go past 110c in 30 seconds either. Now on to the personal attack on me. I don't care about being called a know it all but calling a me a Monkey is something that I take personal offence to. I am giving you a chance to apologise to me in public in this thread where you insulted me otherwise I will be increasing your warning level or suspending your account for a day or two, check the forum rules I am well within my rights to do so and I will if I do not get an apology in this open forum.
  7. No mate, the sirens are solar powered. They don't have wires.
  8. Will they work with our cars without an additional tacho signal unit?
  9. Agent orange that's cool, I have had a few turbos too, early skylines and the single turbo MZ21 Soarer (7mgte engine) and I ran turbo timers on them. I did just find this on the Garrett website : To minimize the effects of heat soak-back, water-cooled center housings were introduced. These use coolant from the engine to act as a heat sink after engine shutdown, preventing the oil from coking. The water lines utilize a thermal siphon effect to reduce the peak heat soak-back temperature after key-off. The layout of the pipes should minimize peaks and troughs with the (cool) water inlet on the low side. To help this along, it is advantageous to tilt the turbocharger about 25° about the axis of shaft rotation. So there it is from Garrett direct. It's not for you to read mate it is for anyone else who questioned thermo-siphon on Garrett turbos.
  10. Yep I am over this thread too. If I look like a parrot for quoting the manufacturer of the turbo then so be it. Early in the thread it was stated that people had no idea and thet there was no facts about not needing timers and no facts about thermo-syphon. One person says something and then everyone else copies. Well I wasn't a parrot, I didn't just say they are not needed because everyone else did. I did some research and I have quoted Garrett as saying they are not needed. Once again I have provided proof the thermo-siphoning on Garrett water cooled turbos does exist. I can not do any more. I have never said don't get one, just don't get one and claim you did it because the car NEEDS IT. You got it because it is rice or bling and it;s fully sik and skylines and silvias have them and they are cool at the local Maccas car park and that is fine, good luck to you. It is your car and being different is what makes the car scene so great. I ran undercar neons a few years back because I tend to like rice and bling, but I was happy to admit that is why I did it. End of the thread for me, I hope I have proved to anyone that was not sure that you do not NEED to buy one for your car, but if you WANT to then that's cool too
  11. I am happy for you that is was a simple fix mate, now enjoy it!
  12. No once again what Garrett said was : Water-cooling of the turbocharger's center housing has essentially eliminated the need for turbo timers. And from a Garrett T25 The turbocharger bearings are supplied with an oil feed from the oil gallery cover at the right hand rear of the block, and an oil drain hose is provided to return oil to the left hand side of the sump. In order to help protect the turbocharger bearings from the effects of heat soak after the engine has been stopped, a water feed and return system is provided, and connected between the heater take-off at the rear of the block and the header tank. Water circulation around the bearings continues after engine switch off, by thermo-siphon action, and reduces the possibility of carbonization of the oil in the turbocharger. If you would like me to waste some time tomorrow I will email Ford and get it in writing from them that thermo-siphon is real. Then if Garret say you don't need a Turbo timer and Ford say that thermo-siphon occurs on xr6 turbos will you be happy then?
  13. If we can all agree that water keeps flowing via thermsyphon after the car has stopped. I will data the log the water temp just before I turn my car off and check it 30 seconds later and see how much higher it is.
  14. Sorry mate I couldn't tell you. All I can do is quote the manufacturer of the turbo, they design and make them so they should know better than you or I. Sasha I think the only good place for it is on the steering column as you tissue box holder is already used.
  15. This is straight from the Garrett website : Water-cooling of the turbocharger's center housing has essentially eliminated the need for turbo timers or extended idling periods. I don't care if people have turbo timers or not on thier cars, it's a free country and it's an individuals choice. But please don't call people idiots for suggesting turbo timers are not needed when the manufacturer of the turbo states it as a fact.
  16. If an aetheist goes to hell in a forest and no one hears him, does he really go to hell?
  17. Let me be the first in this thread to say Thermo syphon But seeing as it is already installed the tissue box holder.
  18. It all started with 2 guys on earth, each wanting more land than the other.
  19. If you are sure you don't have boost leak, I would be looking at the cat.
  20. Oh no it won't at the ready. This started out about WW3 and quickly spilled into religion as these things do. Surely there is a www.ihatereligion.com forum of some sort for this kind of thing. Try and stick to the war topic without a big slant towards religion thanks guys or this thread has a shorter life expectancy than a soldier landing on the beach at Normandy.
  21. World War 3 Sides according to cricket will be as follows: Australia can't stand India Pakistan can't stand India either Sri Lanka will be too busy fighting itself, so will Zimbabwe The poms know they can't beat us, they will join us. The Kiwis are poms that got lost somewhere near the South Pole (They are the little nerd brother that is always picked last, nobody cares whos side they are on) South Africans think they are better than everyone else but they know how that turned out for Hitler so they will be on our side. The West Indians will be too busy smok'in weed mon to really give a sh*t if the world ends. So the way I see it, it will be India v's the rest of the world. Of course the Indians will then offer obsene money for everyone to come and fight for them and will threaten to go home if they don't get thier way, so they will win.
  22. Tom I am pretty sure that most people who run E10 use the Boost 98 from united.
  23. Gee there are a lot of the cups half empty folks around here
  24. A fiancee or a fuel card Dags?
  25. Just start a new thread Brian. It will then give Dags something to do all night when he merges them.
×
×
  • Create New...