Jump to content

xrdreaming

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,693
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xrdreaming

  1. Don't tempt me mate, if I didnt' do the interstate trips in mine then a C9 it would be.
  2. I run the Kewish box and think they'd have the toughest 4spd around. How many of the others have run lots of 10 second passes with 1.5x 60'. Geea. ← And where is your car now? Don't worry yes it has happend again Craig guess what happend to the ute last night! 2muchkw the box itself will not hold together with 350-400rwkw for any real length of time no matter which of the 3 builders build your box. The 2nd/4th band is a weak point and a rebuild at least once a year is a reality at the moment for cars that are driven hard at these power levels. I know David at Kewish is trying a new modification on Craigs car at the moment and Preston Autos is also trying one on mine. I have not had dealings with Yarra Valley autos however if Nizpro use them I am sure they provide a qaulity rebuild. At the moment they rebuild them and then we break them and they rebuild them with new mods to try and stop us breaking them.
  3. A dry system fires only N20 into the intake and and wet system also has a soleniod to fire a fuel jet/injector as well at the same time. You can get systems that fire into the intake just before the throttle body and the more expensive systems have a set up that fires into each individual cylinder to provide better control when turning and a more even burn.
  4. done
  5. I have had the pleasure of knowing David for over 10 years now and his passion for motorsport and the product will be a big loss to Ford. Things have not always been smooth sailing at Tickford/FPV but not for a lack passion and drive on his behalf.
  6. He plays on the forward line for the Kangaroos in the AFL. Or he is the tryhard guy that was on Australian idol and sung Wasabi (Which was total horse radish if you ask me)
  7. The boys will look after you Rob, if they don't just let me know and "I will pay them a visit" lol. I had lunch with them last week and we were discussing the whole 2nd 4th band thing ( I have done 3 myself) It is somthing all the auto guys are working on as it is an ongoing problem. Mind you the alternative is smashing planetary gears when the bands hold up and that gets expensive pretty quickly I can tell you. The BTR autos have never really had to cope with anything like the sought of power and torque a modified T can produce, it will take time to find a solution (if there is one)
  8. Well done guys, sorry I couldn't be there to see it.
  9. Bad luck Ian, it brings back memories of when I did mine, mine was number 1 conrod though. Good luck with the rebuild
  10. I was at Preston autos today and Andrew said that he is now taking orders on 3 speed conversion complete with B&M shifer and tailshaft. You guys might want to get in early and save some dollars
  11. Hmmm,,,,,450rwkw bet you still do girly burnouts Love ya work Dave, good luck with it.
  12. Thanks guys, I will give it a go on the weekend.
  13. CRUISE LIST 1. Mr Turbo - BA XR6T 2. EvilDaifu - BF XR6T 3. flukeyluke - BA XR6T 4. Fast Ford XR6 - BA XR6 5. Stang - BA XR6T 6. Dagabond - BA F6 Tornado 7. Adam - BA XR6T 8. XR6T8_U - BA XR6T 9. XBOSSR - BA XR8 10. gogo - BA XR6T 11. Bain - BA XR6T 12. XRhoon - BA XR6 13. Spoolman - BF Typhoon 14. XLNT6 - BA XR6T 15. Mr Venom - BA XR6T 16. Kev_XR8_Ute - BA XR8 17. Deek - BA XR6T 18. Xrdreaming and Geea - BA XR6T (No we are not an item) NOT YET CONFIRMED: Redrum - ShockF6 - BA Typhoon Imagine - BA Typhoon Joe - BA XR6
  14. Hi Guys, The coolant in the beast is getting on a bit and it's time for a flush and change. Has anyone done it and what is the easiest way? Is there a radiator drain plug or do I have to remove the bottom hose? (A b**ch with big intercooler piping and trans cooler hoses.) Thanks for any advise Cheers, Dean
  15. Congrats Dave, it has taken me all day to recover, it was long day and night. Craig you are one lucky guy having a CV joint on hand when you didn't even bring it and the boys from HPF did a mountain of work to get you back on the track. It was good to catch up with the guys the came up too. Oh and Dave, Heathcote just called and you left the trophy for girliest Burnout behind
  16. You might have to look at the old school route with that power. The standard 4 speed will not cope with that amount of power on a daily basis even if you do have it rebuilt, they are just not strong enough. Geea and I have been running about 330rwkw+ with our autos for quite some time. Craig has his work done at Kewish and I have my work done at Preston Automatics both companies have spent a lot of time and money on research. After 2 years of ongoing R&D we still have not got it soughted. We are to the point that it all holds together for a lot longer than it used to and that is a result of trial and error with different internals but niether of us is at a point where we could say ok this is it I wont need another rebuild or have a component fail for the next 12 months. They are getting better but 400rwkw will be too much to ask in my opinion and a C9 conversion may well be the only reliable result. If you do stick with the standard auto you would need to budget for a $1500-2500 a year rebuild at least. Good luck with it.
  17. Thanks Mr Walker
  18. I can see a problem if all of the Ford Australia PID's are not known or in the program. The unit would need to know the Ford Australia Enhanced PID's to even be able read and log all of the parameters let alone change them. The BA XR6 Turbo uses 18 OBDII Can Bus standard PID's (Although the TPS PID does not function correctly probably due to the fly by wire set up) there would be many more Enhanced PID's that we would need the code for.
  19. Welcome to loony bin oops I mean site! It sounds as though your car has bosch fuel injectors fitted probably 968's (that's good) the adjustable boost could be either edit or a piggyback. Not sure on the engine number, my block was replaced however they just stamped it with the same engine number. As for mods, get yourself a trans cooler fitted first up, then an edit (There are heaps of edit dealers around however I know Fist are up in Brisvegas and they do the edits.) With the 968 injectors that should see you up around 260-270 kw with valve springs being your limiting factor. Feel free to use the search button and have a read of some of the topics as all of your questions are bound to have been answered before. Good luck and enjoy!
  20. I have heard plenty of people give boost 98 a good wrap but I tried 2 tank fulls a couple of months back and the ute pinged it's brains out on it. Not just a little bit either! It never pings on Synergy or Ultimate. Geea had the problem with sludge in his fuel system from leaving the fuel in the tank for a couple of weeks too.
  21. No mate they are the green 968's I don't think you have been taken for a ride. APS used photoshop to colour the injectors on the website blue and purple as at the time no one was sure what injectors they were using and they were trying to keep it a secret as long as they could.
  22. xrdreaming

    Sub 12's

    Yep the wheelspin means you run a slower ET giving the car more time to pick up speed and more mph over the 1/4 mile.
  23. xrdreaming

    Sub 12's

    Yeah run with the tailgate off and the hardcover as well I would have if I could have, as you say it only brings us back closer the sedan weight and I for one see nothing wrong with it.
  24. xrdreaming

    Sub 12's

    Oh I forgot, I have a roller hard lid that can't be removed so I ran with the tailgate on and up and the hard lid closed. I removed the rear ladder rack as it was removeable and left the front one on as it was fixed. The only thing I did remove was the spare tyre and I had about 1/2 a tank of fuel to stop fuel surge. I weigh about 105 kg myself so I was happy with that time as it would have been fairly heavy. I was running micky thompson drag radials but not the mt streets as they were not out then.
×
×
  • Create New...