dastard1
Member-
Posts
42 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by dastard1
-
hi mate, did you end up going ahead with the set up? I have just spent the last weekend out at queensland raceway for powercruise, the ambient air temp and just straight up bloody hot days made a massive effect on the car! normally run 500hp on bp98 but the car felt more like it was running 400hp! did a late cruise when the air temps were noticably lower and the car felt strong again, unfortunantly e85 is not readily available where I live either so I am def looking into this http://www.snowperformance.net/stage-2-boost-cooler.html
-
24 blueprint BA xr6t 320rwkw now a bee's dick under 26 06 bf typhoon under construction 30yrs the world
-
Anyone Got Pics Of Ba/bf Typhoons With Lowered Kings Springs?
dastard1 replied to fpv229's topic in Suspension and Handling
always add an "S" for the rears with kings, ultra lows are ssl front sssl rear , check catalogue.- 18 replies
-
- kingsprings
- typhoon
- (and 6 more)
-
Anyone Got Pics Of Ba/bf Typhoons With Lowered Kings Springs?
dastard1 replied to fpv229's topic in Suspension and Handling
swap u your sl fronts for my ssl? just read yours is mk2 , springs arnt interchangeable , bugger nearly had a good swap possible there- 18 replies
-
- kingsprings
- typhoon
- (and 6 more)
-
Anyone Got Pics Of Ba/bf Typhoons With Lowered Kings Springs?
dastard1 replied to fpv229's topic in Suspension and Handling
I just fit ultras front and back to my bf typhhon, looks sweet but found its too low for my liking, ultras are ssl front and sssl rears , always add another s for the rear when talking kings, anyhow my typhoon with this set up looks lower than the pic above, I dont think the comment that they are sssl front and ssssl rear is correct. im taking the ssl out of the front and fitting sl instead, im selling the front springs for under rrp if your interested pic was taken same day fitted, they have setled prob 5mm lower than the pic- 18 replies
-
- kingsprings
- typhoon
- (and 6 more)
-
That's looks awsome
-
I did find one for 25k but it was a bit rough and it had the mods but was only making really low rwkw considering it had all the bits , aparantly it was de tuned because it had standard waste gate actuator , but why spend 7ish k doing fuel system intercooler etc tuning xcal3 and 18psi and then detune it because if standard waste gate actuator !?? Sounded a bit suss to me (I am no mechanic just had a suss vibe about the whole lot) , the next cheapest was 30ish , I'm more than happy with the typhoon both awsome cars
-
A decent Force 6 would have been stretching the budget a bit too far although I would have loved one , I actually like the typhoon seats more :s, I bought this today http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=14628097 Can't wait till its dropped off )))))) I live in qld so they are sending it to my door, because it came with Vic rego and that is useless to me in qld I got them to pay for delivery to my house instead final price delivered to me was a fraction over 24k I test drove a typhoon yesterday in briz , it was nice but just a little rough, paint wasn't perfect and needed rotors done and drivers seat had fat ass syndrome where the sides are collapsed , It was grey but has an awsome green fleck through it , Does the black typhoon have fleck through it ?
-
What does the rspec mk2 have over a mk1 bf typhoon ?
-
Hi all , So I've sold my old ba xr6t and I am searching for my next car, I was originally planning on getting a g6t but since have looked at a bf typhoon and I the new train of thought it !I want a typhoon! In my hunting I have seen 2 bf FORCE 6 ? I gather they are a rare luxury typhoon ? Can any one tell me more about these unicorns ? So I went to wiki and and had a bit if a read up and there is only 100 ever made ! I'm getting the feeling that these things might be at the lowest depreciation point they may ever reach ? Considering 2014 is the last of fords 4L sixes , starting to think I might need to have a much closer look at one if these
-
its got an under battery air intake so basically is straight from under the bar so I think there’s not much better than that unless I take the snorkel of the hilux lol Reflective tapes might be worth a try looking like the car may be sold! will wait and see but if all goes to plan its gone next weekend, $14k for 400hp , not bad lol kinda sux cause I already paid for my powercruise entry Plus I’m buying a NA G6 that I plan on turning into a monster of soughts, and by powercruse May18th it will still be NA :( its going to be a long wait driving a NA car again but will be worth it in the end , Planning on having probs the only / or one of very few owners of a G6 with a screamer lol
-
hi all. so powerplay is coming up again in briz 18th of May, pay before friday cut off this week and entry is only $80 so last powerplay I was at I noticed a significant loss of power because of the crazy amount of heat out there and the fact that the car is coping a hidding doesnt help. so does any one have any tips on how to keep intake temps down? I know the wrx boys have been seen putting ice on the top mount coolers but obviously that's not going to work for us. have a great easter cheers (on a side note does any one have a rough idead of price involved having the synchro in 2nd gear replaced on a ba mk2 6spd box? my mates ute)
-
indeed a nice G6 turbo , sunny coast meet 17/03 http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/11632-qld-events-and-cruises/page-53#entry1344772
-
sunny coast meet this sunday caloundra RSL rear carpark at 12pm , any xr6 turbos etc
-
Etc (Electronic Throttle Control) Problems Any Ideas?
dastard1 replied to NobleXR6's topic in General Tech
ive had very similar problems, we replaced the coils , plugs , fuel filter and I had it retuned cause we crnacked up the boost and it was perfect, for a few days :Z then all of a sudden while driving the car started running ruff as guts! no power and shaking etc, I turned it off and tunrned it on and it sat there running horid but if u turned it on with your foot on the gas it ran ok but then u take your foot off and it goes to idle but cant and starts choking and ruff again ! I cleaned the throtle body and diconected the bat for 10min and it has been fine but has done what u mentioned again since , I am changing the tps in hope that's the problem , and the current one on mine is the rounded shape but im replacing it any way :beta: -
I took it to a tuner that I was refered to from a few people off this forum and we replaced the fuel filter, ignition coils (were prob same ones from 2003 had cracks in them ) spark plugs , and upped the boost to 19psi :sungum: its now running sweet and hasnt cut out on me again 321.3rwkw plugs gapped to .8
-
321.3rwkw and at peak boost its a hair off 19psi ! up the bottom end alright lol , the tuner (clint) said if I had bf cams we would be seeing 380 but with the ba cams and soft rods etc 321 is as far as he wants to go lol , I am VERY happy with it , the tune is soooo different to the old one and now the boost is coming on strong from 3g rpm instead of 4g , and the car is just awsome fun to drive, how do u upload pics????
-
I spoke to a different tuner in briz today ( he actualy took the time to explain things to me very cool) and he said he is happy to continue using the hp tune and go up to 18psi , so its booked for tuesday next week he tuned a bf recently with similar mods as mine and made 380rwkw , he said the ba cam is my only real downfall but should be around the 340 + ish mark , cant wait till tuesday to see how it go's and as far as the random cut out crap , he is looking at a few things, he thinks it could be the throtle relocation set up wrong , cheers :sungum:
-
hi all , my car has now randomly cut out 3 times while driving , it doesnt seem to matter what revs or speed etc its happened at idle in reverse and just humming along at 60kph, im thinking it could be coil packs? cause as a few off u know I had trouble trying to replace my plugs , the only way my car would run well was with the old plugs put back in and they are gapped to .5 if I remember right , and I was trying .8 or .7 and neither were any good and I was told possibly the coil packs were the reason the plugs wernt working, so is it possible faulty coilo packs could be causing my car to randomly die? I just pull over and start it back up and its like it never happened , until next time , ?! cheers all
-
soooo I spoke to a reputable tuner on north side of briz today and said I want to wind my car up to 18psi and want am hoping for 350 +rwkw , they said that a hp tune is not as good as a flash tune because they cant adjust the injector with hp , but he said if I go a flash tune and cough up the coin for the xcal3 they can do it no worries with a custom tune , can save a 15psi and a 18psi tune on it , which is cool but my car has a eboost2 controller so I could do that any how but yah straying off here, buuuuut I was originally going to do go with a flash tune when I took it to high torque last month , they ran it on the dyno and said it looks fine but was a little lean in the mid range so they fixed that up and said its all good the way it is and instead of me paying 1300 is for a flash tune I paid 400ish for them just to check and tweak the hp tune , but know I want to run it on 18 psi it looks like im going to have to go a flash tune any how, waisted 400$ plus I was told by high torque that ba turbos max out at 320 kw but that's obviously not the case because people on here a running much more with the standard turbo, plus the tuner I spoke to today said 360rwkw is achievable but encourages my to go flash tune
-
hmm yah I duno , mines auto aswel , ill im going to take it to a tuner on the north side of briz in the next few weeks , if 17psi gets me close to 325rwkw or even 18psi ill be happy at that I think , for now, cheers
-
its got the full process west throtle relocation kit and pipping etc , the intake manifold is standard , I thought the stock manifold are easily good for 350 ? 325 at 15psi is pretty decent ! what tuner did u use?
-
sorry exhaust is twin 2half with high flow cat , and 4inch dump pipe , cheers
-
any positive feedback would be apreciated , and its got a beffed up gearbox and I am pretty confident it can take 350 , I hope
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.